main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Themed Party

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Miska, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    If you do consider duels, be sure to use something "safe" for the lightsaber blades. Maybe some of the "noodle" sabers (made from the swim float noodle thingy's that kids play with) or at the very least pad your plades with foam insulation tubes for PVC pipes (available in hardware stores like Lowe's and Home Depot)...you don't want anyone getting hurt...

I love the Piniata idea too... What ever you do, you'll have to post some pics of the extravaganza...

--Kai

2. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Pin the braid on the padawan? That's worse than "Tickle the padawan "too. No way, hu huh. last time someone tried that, they couldn't find me.:) A friends kid likes tickjling people and decided to elect me as her victim. I took off, jumped an 8' wooden fence in a standing jump to get away.:) Her dad couldn't belive the jump. He was outsideand saw the whole thing.
    So if you do the "Pin the Braid on the padawan" make sure they can't get away. :) Or just attempt to catch them and tickle 'em instead. :-D

Mynn

3. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    i tolled my friend about the Pin the braid on the padawan..they decited to play, but they tryed to use ME as the padawan....i did not know i could run so fast and to top it off i was the only femail, and i am small..lol

4. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    yeah, so you KNOW what I mean. I'm only 5' tall and very petite. I didn't know I could move that fast either. However the kids dad was besdie himself. Neither one of them can catch me. :) <snicker> I think us Padawan outta' stick together in case the Masters decide to gang up on us.:) Praise God for adrenaline inhanced reflexes, or was that the Force. I sure wasn't scared.
    Ya' know being the only female being chased by guys could be a good thing IF all of 'em were nice and cute. Admit it, you got a kick out of it. <VBG> JK. :-S
    <Looks at the male jedis> Don't even think of it guys. I'm outta here.
    <takes off>
    Mynn

5. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    they chased me for at lesset a good houre then they traped me by the pool..<sniff, i can't swim(don't laught)> and by then i had 9 guy carry be back to the house, 1 to hold me <he put me over this sholder>and the others to stop my licking and punching...lol...and one just sate there and laughted at me...
    they Tickle me and made me eat there cooking....
    never have a barbaqu with 10 guys...
    then they all ganged up on the for a lightsaber fight i lossed i lossed bad....
    they dident even give me a lightsaber...
    i think i would rather have had the brades pined on me....
    yes i had a lot of fun and got a kick out of it.....
    <really cute guys too ^-^>

6. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Ok-ok
    You're supposed to pin the braid on a PICTURE of a padawan. LOL

I can just see them trying to pin you guys down!

7. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    LOL! Oh man, I'll definatly take this in serious advisment. "Note to self :NO BBques w/ an all guy crowd." :D yeah it takes Force reflexes to escape. I think that;'s what gave me the edge to leap over an 8' wooden fence, b/c under normal circumstances I can't do that.
    On the party ideas, they sound very cool. bantha burgers. Wow.<G>

Padawan Mynn

8. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    my friend andrew maid a ani cake..it look realy good...we never new he was artistick...it was the padawan pick when he has the big group of jedi behind him only on the cake there was only him and words...it looked real<like the pic> he used that gell stuff in stead of icening. it was don realy well

9. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Fantastic ideas... (copies to mental rolodex)

Started planning for Birthday party in November...lol... I would love to get a copy of the cookbook stuff. Is there a website?

My 2 cents... if you can find the new water sabers... they come in sets of 2. They are soft-ish, and light wieght. We have them and they are a riot... great for hot summer days. :) (found at Zeller, walmart, k mart, ect.)

10. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Javajedi,
    I like the quote at the bottom of your signature.
    Obi Wan: "Sorry master, the swamp fried my light sabre."
    Qui GOn: "You forgot to turn off the power again didn't you, Obi Wan?"
    LOL! Opps. SO I ownder how many sbare obi wan had gone through as a padawan, or Anikan . SHoot Ani blew through 3 in a month.
    :D
    Mynn

11. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, Miska, how did your party go?

12. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I was wondering the same thing, StormtrooperPrincess...

:)

-sg

13. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    yes do tell..
    how did it turn out...

14. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Details... we need details...lol...:)

Jauhzmynn... Thanks... to bad the sceen ended up on the cutting room floor...lol...
    (and obi scoulds Ani about it...lol... he should talk...lol)

15. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    How'd your party go? Did they enjoy it? I hope you guys had a chance to go swimming.(If that was planned)
    I think the Death star Pinata sounds cool. Load it up with starlight mints,M&Ms and stuff. Hit it w/ light sabres, poetic justic. :)

Oh BTW i LOVE cookie recipes, anyone have any ultra yummy cookie recies they wanna send me a copy of?

Padawab Mynn

16. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    WATER SABERS ???? !!!!!

As in lightsaber water pistols????

17. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Kia...

yuppers Water sabers. the water sprays out the ends of them. They come two to a pack and hook to your hose... they are a BLAST!!!

18. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    where do you get the water sabers..
    they sound like fun

19. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    I got mine at Zellers, but they should have them at any dept store. Walmart, K mart, Ames. Places like that. Good luck:)

20. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    is that what they are called 'water sabers'?

21. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    yuppers... they are made by Spin master toys. Don't bother with thier site though. The sabers aren' there yet...lol... Best advice... just check out the store when you go shopping. Like I said, we got ours at Zellers, but i think those stores are only in Canada. I know they sell them in the Us too... sent a request for ordering them to the company. We have ppl here who want them as well...:)

22. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    thank you

23. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    i just have to post his...my costumes...

http://www.geocities.com/saturn_girl_us/jedi-senate.html

24. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Those are nice costumes Keva. Good job.
    Padawan Mynn

25. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    YAAAAAA...
    i found water sabers...
    i bought them but when i go home i remembered that i DON'T have a back yard or a hose...
    well thats what friends are for ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.