main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Star Wars Themed Roller Derby Bout

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by zerbetron, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerbetron

zerbetron Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2007
  2. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Ha! Sorry I forgot to actually y'know...POST the body of this message. I'm bad at these message board things.

Anyways, You read that right. I've been talking to the powers that be over in derby land, and our interleague bout on Novemeber 11th is STAR WARS THEMED!! Yay!!

What this means is that the girls are looking for any, and ALL ideas to make this derby event one to make good ol' Lucas proud. As my newest buddies and friends in the force, I thought I'd bring this to you guys and see what you thought. Everyone's costumes looked SOOOO completely rad at the con this weekend, that I thought you guys might want to don the armor again to support the ladies on wheels. What do you think?

I would love to get some guys (and gals in you're interested!) in costume at the bout, and I wasnt sure what it would take to make this happen. All the girls think that seeing some jedis, storm troopers, tie fighters, and whatever other costumes you guys have would really add to the overall look and feel of the theme for the bout. In exchange for your awesome presense we would be MORE than happy to help you guys promote your organization. Either with banners are the bout, or by passing out flyers at our events, y'know, that sort of thing.

We have been trying to mingle more with other hampton roads based organizations, so this feels like a good place to start. I'd love to hear any and ALL ideas you fellas have. Please feel free to contact me.

<3

z

3. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    what time on the 11th would you be doing this fun event.

4. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Not set in stone just yet. But the bouts are usually in the evening, starting anywhere between 5 and 7 and they last about an hour and a half, two hours.

5. Qevdar

Qevdar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2007
    I love that they're called 'BOUTS'!!!

6. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Lol, yeah and they are deffinitely bouts. But its totally a family event. We are actually doing this canned food drive during the bout, since its right before thanksgiving. I spoke with someone in the 501st and they are trying to get it on their calendar of events. But ultimately we are looking for about 10-15 people in a variety of costumes.

We want some imperial costumers and some rebels too. I talked with the higher ups last night and we are gonna lock down a a secure staging are for people to change into costume, and we are gonna make a backdrop so people can get their pictures taken during the half time show. I know I'm trying to have my pic taken with some strom troopers and tie fighters...*swoon* lol.

Please keep me posted on whoever is interested in coming out in costume! It'll be so much fun. Those Ohio girls we are skating against are real dorks, and we need to show them that Virginia can out geek AND out skate Ohio any day!

7. Darth_Ruan

Darth_Ruan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2007
    Oooh! Can I be a 'good-guy' for this?

8. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    haha you can be anything you want! It is going to be so much fun, lol.

9. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Hey everyone,

just trying to do a head count for the bout. I just curious who all would be coming in costume, and which costume they'd want to come in. Now this is TOTALLY up to you. If you have more than one costume, choose whichever one you want! :) You'll be taking pics with derby girls and fans, and just generally enjoy the bout. Pachuca Loca needs the names of people who will be attending in costume, so you can get into the rink early (and FREE) to change and get set up. So whenever you make a decesion please let me know via the board, or email zerbe@zerbetron.com OR my cell 757.472.5072.

<3

Slugs N' Kisses!

check out the link below to see the bout poster:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h99/zerbetron/l_4a7c8caae39d6e9028a3f04646100861.jpg

10. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Here's what I have so far based on conversations and responses:

Attending
    1) Alan - Tie Pilot or Clonetrooper
    2) Velcro - Stormtrooper

Maybes
    1) Tony Pena - Tie Pilot
    2) Mike Shipp - Stormtrooper

11. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    thanks man. Maybe we can get some more people interested in coming in rebel gear? Some jedis or something? I hear those costumes are lighter. We are hoping for 7-10 total in some sort of costume. Thanks for your help, if you can keep talking to them about it I'll make sure and contact a few other people to see what numbers they've gotten interested so far.

<3

12. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    I'm sure as the event draws close, more people will start speaking.

I think people are sorta focused on Oct. 26th - 30th.

Things will be quite busy for many of us![face_hypnotized]

13. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    Patrick QVader, Captain, Imperial Navy reporting for duty!

14. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    nice! Im so stoked your costume will be ready by then

15. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    Let's not forget that there is also a canned food drive. Let's all bring something in and make a bulk contribution from the HRR!

16. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Oh yeah. I got lots of unused baby food!:)

17. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    good point patrick! Lets brings food to help out those less fortunate.

18. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Hey guys!

The time is fast approaching to get an updated head count for the derby bout on the 11th. Pachuca is asking me again for a list of names/characters who will be making an appearance. So if you know for sure you'll be coming in costume or if you know who in the 501st is coming, please get in touch with me and give me the update. Again we are looking for 7-10 people. Any costume is fine, it doesnt have to be high qaulity, and of course opt for comfort if you'd like :)

If you CANT come in costume, but you'd just like to come and watch the fun (again this is a family event) let me know and I'll get you discounted tickets.

Also, if you guys want to display your banners for the HRR or the 501st let me know, so I can coordinate a time to get those from you. And any props that you guys have that you would like to display during the bout would be awesome too. Just keep me posted.

<3

z

19. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    I'm still planning on attending in Imp Officer gear. Although, I talked to Chris this morning and she is having fits with my costume!!

20. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Here's the list so far. We need four more people to get the minimum #.

Attending
    1) Alan - Tie Pilot or Clonetrooper
    2) Velcro - Stormtrooper
    3 Pat - Imperial Officer

Maybes
    1) Tony Pena - Tie Pilot
    2) Mike Shipp - Stormtrooper

21. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Thumpy, I am in for sure. I will be doing TIE.

As for the HRR "food Drive", let's get some cans together to bring as one bulk package as Pat suggested.

Looking forward to this.

22. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Ok guys!

The after party will be at Town Center at Gordon Biersch (sp?) and they will be catering the event and have karaoke (yay!) and fun for all. If any of you costumed cats want to get in on some FREE food action...we need some help with security for the bout. If you're interested let me know. The food is free that night for the derby girls and any security volunteers. For everyone else it'll be discounted. Hope to see you ALL there.

Are we still having a meeting the saturday before? we could coordinate all the food that day so when you guys show up at the bout, the food will all be together.

23. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    So is this a 501st gig or an HRR function. Just want some clarification.

24. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I'm in - might go as Jedi or Tie, depending on how I'm feeling that day ;)

25. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    If this is a 501st event,are we 'invited' to wear non-501st costumes?

Like Tony said above, just want clarification

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.