main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Star Wars Themed Roller Derby Bout

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by zerbetron, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerbetron

zerbetron Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2007
    lol, sorry about that. this is a BOTH and ALL event. Its a 501st, Rebel Legion (some guys from the DC area coming down) AND a Hamtpon Roads Rebellion event. So if you're in the 501st and the HRR and you have more than one costume, wear whichever one you want. Since *I* am in the HRR, I'm totally about you guys bringing your banners, info flyers, whatever and putting that up around the bout to get some much deserved publicity.

And the same goes if you're in the 501st and you have access to any banners or promotional materials. We at the DDG want to start cross promoting with other organizations and really become more active in the community. This is our first real, "stab" at it though. :)

so yeah, its open to whatever you as the cosplayer, are more comfortable in.

Does that help? for some reason when I reread this it still sounds confusing... :/ call my cell if you're still foggy on it. 757.472.5072

<3

z

2. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Erin, at the next meeting, we'll clarify these issues about costuming and what not. For someone new, it's sorta confusing.

I know this is your event and you want to get as many people there as possible. As a REC for the 501st, I understand this.

But generally speaking, for any requested costuming appearances, the general rule is you go through the 501st and Rebel Legion for these types of appearance. These are the official costuming groups.

A FanForce may contain a costuming component, but it's not emphasized. In fact, we try hard to de-emphasize it in the HRR. A FF includes a broader array of interests for people and provides a social outlet.

And we try to keep HRR issues separate from the 501st.

But since you created this post originally, HRR will follow through on it. As far as banners or flyers go, we'll work through it at the event. We're all friends here.

That said, here's what we have so far.

Attending from our area:
    1) Alan - Tie Pilot or Clonetrooper
    2) Velcro - Stormtrooper
    3) Pat - Imperial Officer
    4) Wendy - Jedi or Tie
    5) Tony Pena - Tie Pilot

Maybes
    1) Mike Shipp - Stormtrooper

3. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    Thanks for the clarification Alan and good job.

We need to remember to bring some canned food for the drive during the meeting on the 10th. I will start a new thread asking people to bring stuff to the meeting fo delivery on the 11th as a bulk donations from the HRR.

4. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    I contacted a rep for both the 501st and the Rebel Legion, so those two groups are the ones included on the DDG promotional posters, flyers, and what not. I let both of them know that the other groups would be invovled as well,and it didn't seem to be an issue. I extended it to the HRR since I'm a new memeber, so if you guys wanted to come in costume that would be an option and if you wanted to bring promotional materials that would be available to. It also seemed like a lot of you were in both the HRR and either the Rebel Legion/501st, so I didn't realize that was an issue to have all three groups invovled. My bad. :) The event isn't requiring the costumers be in any kind of offical costumes, but those who have them are more than welcome to wear them.

We've also promoted that anyone who shows up to the bout in just your joe-blow star wars halloween costume gets a dollar off the admission price. its just to make all the people attending feel like they are a part of the action. Its just supposed to be fun and the more people there excited about Star Wars, the better the theme goes over. Certainly didn't mean to make it confusing, and on behalf of the derby girls we really appreciate the effort and time invovled in coming to an event like this in costume, so let me just say thank you in advance.

Also, since we should have people coming from the other groups, this list of 5 (with a possible 6th) is more than enough. Thanks for steping up guys. You all rock! Anyone else who wants to attend in costume certainly can, but it just came down from the powers that be that I can only comp 10 tickets; so any others outside that number can get a discounted ticket from me instead of a free one. :)

5. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Erin, here's an updated list.

1) Alan Ibarra - Clone
    2) Nels Mize - TK
    3) Patrick Quevedo - (ID prospect)
    4) Tony Pena - TI
    5) Matt Nargi - TK
    6) Wendy Natividad - TI or TS

Maybes
    1) Mike Shipp - TK

Shall we tell people the list is now "closed" unless they wish to pay a discounted price for tix?

6. Darth_Primus6

Darth_Primus6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2007
    Sounds like a great event wish i had seen this post earlier. Have fun.

7. Darth_Ruan

Darth_Ruan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2007

Oops, forgot to chime in. Can I check in as Jedi or Pilot?

:oops:

8. Velcro

Velcro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    OK! this is late but Erin I'll bust some head for free food lol.

9. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    More people can still come!

But at this point, there's a possibility you'd have to pay for a discounted price for a ticket(s).

There is a set # of Comp tix. I believe there are 10. Since some Rebel Legion members will be attending as well, most of these comp tickets, if not all, are taken by now.

Then Erin can offer discounted priced tickets - # ?.

Erin, can you clarify on this?

10. Qevdar

Qevdar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2007
    Can I get times on this again..I'm juggling 3 things that day...

11. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Hey guys sorry so late on my post!

I was in hampton ALL weekend and sick again last night...(i need to not eat taco bell....)

ANYWAYS,

The price for tickets if you come in costume or with a canned food is 11 at the door. If you buy your ticket in advance from me its 10, and if you come just as you are its 12 at the door.

The bout starts at 7:30, the doors open at 6:30, and if you're volunteering to do security at the bout we need ya there around 5:30. if you're attending in costume we need you there at 6:00.

Like Alan said, PLEASE still come if you'd like, and if you're into coming in costume thats completely rad! I can get the tickets together and have them at the meeting on the 10th, so if you know you want to just come and watch, buy the ticket in advance and save some money :)

12. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    definitely bring the tickets to the meeting to distribute.

I'll pick up Matt Nargi's as well since he's coming in from out-of-town!

13. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    No problem.

If you're on that list you wont need a ticket for the bout, we have your name so you get in nice and free-bee like :)

For everyone else you'd need to buy one for 10 bucks from me, and I'll have some of those available at the meeting this weekend.

thanks guys!

<3

z

14. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Here's an updated list:

1) Alan Ibarra - Clone or TI
    2) Nels Mize - TK
    4) Tony Pena - TI
    5) Matt Nargi - TK
    6) Wendy Natividad - TI or TS or Jedi
    7) Noel Natividad - Pilot or Jedi or TS

15. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Erin, here's an updated list.

1) Alan Ibarra - Clone or TI
    2) Nels Mize - TK
    4) Tony Pena - TI
    5) Matt Nargi - TK
    6) Wendy Natividad - TI or TS or Jedi
    7) Noel Natividad - Pilot or Jedi or TS
    8) Chris Harkins - TK

Does everyone on this list get a free ticket at this point? Please let me know.

16. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Absolutely. This is FANTASTIC. I'm so excited I could pee my pants!! I'm not going to...for health reasons and all. But I just thought you should know I could :)

Sounds great, I know Nels said he's down for security detail (for the free food) we could use one more. Any takers?

<3

z

17. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Just tell us when and where you want us to be. This is your event.

The food is free?

18. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    I can be security for FREE FOOD HAHAHAHAH

19. zerbetron

Oct 1, 2007
    Okie dokie,

the way this works is everyone in costume needs to be at the rink at 5:30pm. We will be setting up the track and decorations while you guys get into costume. Those who are volunteering for security will get free food at the Gordon Biersch afterpatry. There will also be pizza, beer, and drinks at the bout that you are welcome to, but its not free. :) Anyone else will have to pay for the food at the after party, but its going to be heavily discounted :)

So far I've got that Nels is doing security. Tony are you volunteering too? If so I'll give your name to Athena for the afterparty list. See you guys saturday for the meeting. Again any decorations or banners you want displayed, please bring that to the meeting saturday!

thanks guys

20. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    yup Yup short of having something for On Call at work I can pull security for ya. No Worries.

21. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    Just a last reminder folks...

Please please please bring canned foods for the drive to the meeting on Saturday. We will bring the goods to the derby on Sunday

22. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Karen Franz, one of the organizers, has asked if you plan on making to the After-Party at Gordon-Biersch, please chime in ASAP. She's putting together a guest list.

23. Qevdar

Jan 22, 2007
    I'll be there

24. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    I'll be there!!!

25. Velcro

Velcro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    DUh! free food I'll be there