main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Tiny Death Star making its way to your mobile soon

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Oct 4, 2013.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    http://disneyinteractive.tumblr.com/post/63006971772/introducing-star-wars-tiny-death-star

[​IMG]

Cuteness!

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    This is like a SimTower type game?

3. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Kinda sounds like the canceled Lucasarts game Death Star. I wonder if Disney resurrected it?

From the Kotaku article.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's a licenced version of this, I'm guessing;

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    So this is what the new Battlefront will look like.

6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Respect for Bossk being there, that's reason enough for me to check it out.

7. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Looks wonderfully vintage! Can't wait to see more.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Out for android now. Hopefully iOS to follow soon.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Anyone know what the point of the ? bitizens are?

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    This game is the worst. Seriously tired of these timed things.

11. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I've been messing around with it for a bit; the only reason why I downloaded it was because it's Star Wars. It's ok for what it is, I suppose. While I'm a pretty avid gamer, I loathe cell phone games. From the short amount of time I've played it, I can tell it'll become pretty repetitive.

The game is a pretty good indication of future Star Wars video games in the Disney era. In depth, big budgeted games will be licensed out, at the current moment, EA, and mobile gaming ("casual") will be handled mostly by Disney Interactive. The 10 person or so skeleton crew at LucasArts will deal with licensing issues, legalities, and I assume certain levels of quality control (for example, providing developers with information regarding planets, characters, etc).

For those wondering, yes, the LucasArts logo does appear in the game and during the pre-game credit sequences.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been playing for the past 30 minutes. It's pretty addicting IMO.

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    A friend of mine works for Disney Mobile and worked on this game. I normally don't play games on my phone but he encouraged me so I tried it out this past weekend. I'm now hopelessly addicted. :p

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So I don't get the purpose of the Imperial levels. They aren't earning me credits and I keep sending workers down to make interrogation (rebel secrets) and blast door (security codes) items. Am I missing something?

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    At level 0 there is a hologram of Vader. Tap him and you will see a list of Imperial items to build as well as what your reward for building them will be.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Hold me closer Tiny Death Star.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I have 15 floors and 3 Imperial Levels. I have $26 bux saved up. Should I upgrade my elevator which doubles the tip for $25 bux or should I wait?

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Upgraded my elevator. Worth it!

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone else loving this game as much as me? I'm up to 22 floors and 5 Imperial levels. I've upgraded to the elevator that triples the tip amount. My current goal is to give every bitizen his/her dream job and evict everyone else which I've accomplished between levels 2 through 11. When I get a level mover, I move up my apartments or my businesses down. Probably not the best strategy, but I like having all my businesses in a row so I can quickly stock them.

EDIT: FYI, there is a mission from the Emperor to have 30 bitizen(s). You don't get the reward until you get the 31st bitizen.

20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    What is the purpose of the level mover? I could understand moving a popular business up to the top, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which floor Bitizens want to visit.

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I don't think there is any reason other than organizational purposes. I see no incentive to have a business up high or down low for maximizing credits.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Gah the game sunk its claws into me. I don't know why but I'm actually enjoying myself now that some of the grind for bux is alleviated.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been playing pretty much every day for two weeks now. Still loving it. I have 39 levels, 55 bitizens, and upgraded my elevator to the one that gives you 4x the tip amount.

I have a lot of places with 3 stars, a few with 2 and a couple with 1. The only two places currently that don't have any stars are Dark Side Cave and Imperial Grocer. It feels like I've evicted 10 Technicians to make room for bitizens with the dream jobs I want.

Strategy I’m using to earn bux: I have three level 9 dream job bitizens working at Holochess Hall so that level is golden. Sometimes I’ll get a random bitizen with that as his dream job. I’ll temporarily un-employ one of the level 9ers just to give that guy his dream job, then evict him and re-employ the bitizen I temporarily unemployed.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It is a very addictive little game. Does get a bit repetitive but I like it a lot.

25. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Fun for the first 4 hours, then each level starts costing a ridiculous amount of money and you have to wait literally hours.... Very boring, but fun at first.