main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Tiny Death Star making its way to your mobile soon

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Oct 4, 2013.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been playing for a little over a month now. I read on Facebook that some people lost all their progress during one of their updates. I'm glad I was not part of that group, but sadly, since updating, the game has been crashing a lot more and running slow which has been very frustrating.

The Christmas stuff they added is cool, but I wonder if that's causing the bulk of the trouble. Have you all noticed that the Christmas stuff references the Holiday Special that Lucasfilm doesn't acknowledge?!? LOL. I have 32 of 35 levels decorated before I unlock the special Service Level: Panna City Medicines. 20 more days left. I hope when they remove the holiday coding that they fix the crashing issues.

I'm glad they added more missions. At one point I was getting Supply Officers left and right which was frustrating because I completed all the missions at the time, but I kept building stuff and kept a good balance of supplies so when the new missions were added I had a lot of inventory at hand and earned fast credits.

The timed stuff can be frustrating at first, but here's a tip: wait to build your levels before going to bed. A lot of times when you wake up in the morning, the level will be completed.

Here are my stats if anyone is interested:
    Food 7/10: Dewback Ribs, Ewok Sweets, and Mon Cala Seafood left
    Service 10/11: The 11th being the bonus one that needs to be unlocked with decorating droids
    Recreation 7/10: Training Remotes, Statuary Park and Rancor Pit left
    Retail: 10/10 done
    Residential: 18/24
    Imperial: 12/16

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Tiny Death Star (version 1.2.2)

-- My current progress --
    Food: 10/10 done
    Service: 11/11 done
    Recreation: 9/10, "Training Remotes" being built, will be done in 50 minutes (I could spend a bux to finish it now, but I don't have any bitizens with it as their dream job, so I'm in no rush.)
    Retail: 10/10 done
    Residential: 24/24 done
    Imperial: 12/16 (Map Room, Emperor's Chamber, Forcefield Gen, Droid Lab)

The Decorating (Imperial Probe) Droids are available for 7 more days. All my levels are decorated so I'm good and I have one saved for the Training Remotes level when it's done. Four bux to summon but only 1 bux is given when you decorate a level after earning Boba Fett Holiday Edition and Panna City Medicines so don't summon them unless you want to try and get the bonus stuff before time is up. I don't know if the bonus stuff is staying or going with the next update which brings me to my...

....current gripe: There are 24 residential levels. 5 bitizens can live on each level for a total of 120 bitizens. Originally, the game was designed with 10 Food, Service, Recreation and Retail businesses. That 40 businesses where 3 bitizens can work for a total of 120 bitizens. 120 = 120, good! BUT, with the Panna City Medicines bonus level, there are now three extra available jobs. Granted, every bitizen doesn't have his dream job yet, but I'm really close. Save for the level still being built, I only need one more bitizen with a dream job of Dewback Ribs and I'll be golden.

With that said, I hope when they release the next update to remove the Christmas stuff, I hope the code adds, at minimum, another residential level. I'd rather have 2 bitizens with no job than have a closed business. Until said update, I plan on "borrowing" from Imperial Court since the Execution stocking time is something over 11 hours.

Also, if the Medicines level does stay, hopefully they'll add bitizens with it as their dream job. I haven't seen one yet since I've unlocked it, but have gotten many others, even ones for businesses not yet built at the time that I had to evict to open up room.

How's everyone else doing?

3. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I would play this game if my phone had a data plan or a compatible type of phone :S

4. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Ya I'm addicted to this game. I got all the levels built (and as a challenge I would not allow myself to spend any real money to buy Imperial Bux or Credits). It's great to play when you're sitting around in airports or airplanes killing time as I have done a lot over the past month. I actually got 12 service levels because I got the bonus level then I had that glitch where I lost all my Christmas lights, then worked my way up and got the bonus level again. So I have 2 Panna City Medicines. :D

I don't know for sure, but I think think the floor number a bitizen asks for is just a random number generator from 2 to the highest floor (not including, of course, the VIP's and the question marks). I used to get negative numbers but don't anymore.

I don't think there is any strategic reason to move levels, so I just grouped them up by floor type. Starting from the bottom, my tower goes recreation, service, retail, food, residences.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Anyone know the max number of credits? I'm currently at 8 Mil. I'm hoping it doesn't max at 9,999,999 and it rolls over to 10 Mil and keeps going so I can use said credits to build new levels whenever they decide to upgrade the app and add new ones.

Other than that, I'm still doing Vader challenges and building imperial items. I've been using 1,000 credits to summon supply officers from time to time. I wasn't getting any VIPs for a while then all of sudden I got a big influx of Big Spenders, Celebrities, Supply Officers and Recruiting Officers.

The Emperor wants me to build three more levels and I'm not paying the 6 bux to pass on that since my bux are low and I'm using them to upgrade my businesses when I get enough. (Plus I built 2 and can't build a 3rd because there isn't the option to yet as stated in my first paragraph!)

I still need one more #$^#$% bitizen who has Dewback Ribs as his/her dream job. Come on randomness!

6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    FYI: The credits do go past 10 Million.

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Finally! I got the Dewback Ribs guy I needed!!! Son of a gun!

Now I'm borrowing a bitizen from a place that's fully stocked at Panna City Medicines just to get rid of that stupid exclamation point at the bottom of the screen.

If you go to the SW Tiny Death Star Facebook page I posted a picture and asked for more levels please! The site's admin said "The Force is strong with you. New levels will come."

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I got this game last week and I'm really enjoying it! I love how many characters and places they've used, not just from the saga, but from the entire Star Wars universe, and making all of the bitizen's names from two Star Wars character's names is quite clever.

The holonet is pretty funny. There was a status on there early today that said "I just lol'ed so hard I almost rofled my waffles." That's the funniest status I've seen so far.

It's awesome that Kit Fisto is running on the treadmill in the workout center! Well I think it's Kit Fisto, and not just some Nautolan.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    February 6th has come with an update to the game:

1) Vader's hologram has company now. There are three assignment holograms in total:
    .....a) Work Order
    .....b) Sith Demands (Vader hologram)
    .....c) System Upgrade
    2) These items are built on the Imperial Levels, just like before to satisfy the assignment
    3) There are now two items that can be built on each Imperial Level instead of one
    4) Instead of having to wait for a Supply Officer, the items now cost credits to build PLUS it takes a certain amount of time for each item to be built
    5) Getting a Supply Officer will build the item immediately to whichever floor you decide to deliver him to
    6) You get a reward of credits for completing each assignment.

For 10 Days only, when building Imperial items, you earn Imperial Service Medals. Service Medals unlock rewards. The first award appears to be Armor Upgrade (new Imperial Item) and the next upgrade after that looks like a Geonosian so it's probably a VIP level upgrader.

7) There is a Cargo Bay floor where the Emperor will deliver rewards in crates
    8) There is a locked "Imperial Marches" Level under Retail. No other levels have been added, and there is no clear way to unlock this level that I can see at the moment (My guess is that it's a Service Medal reward similar to Panna City Medicines. My hope is that the programmers update the game with at least one or two more Residential levels soon.)

10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The first reward for collecting 100 Service Medals wasn't an Armor Upgrade, but a maroon shirt or robe that was put in the Costume Shop, but I don't see it under the Special Costume. So I'm assuming it's just a generic shirt/robe that was added to the inventory of things to dress your bitizen as? <shrug>

The reward went to the cargo bay, I opened it and it went to the Costume Shop. The next reward is 250 Service Medals and like I said earlier, it appears to be a Geonosian.

On a side note, after playing off and on this morning with the new updates, I unlocked Slave Leia, Jedi Luke and Lando (Skiff).

11. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    Today when I signed on there was a message from R2-D2 but I blew right by it (expecting the usual message from the Emperor telling me how many credits I've earned).

Do you know what R2's message was? I was expecting to be able to build more levels today but there are none available (I've already completed the 2 new apartment levels). Whenever I go to build new levels and "Choose a specific level" the screen goes mostly blank, so I think there may be a bug in the programming....

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Beezer R2's message said something about new levels being available. I don't remember it verbatim. After I clicked off of it there were NOT any levels to build for me either. They didn't appear until later on in the day. I remember checking the app store for updates, but didn't see any.

Here's what you should find eventually:
    Food: Bongo Sanwiches
    Recreation: Planetarium
    Residential: Chiss Apts, Talz Apts
    Imperial: Blaster Repair

According to the Tiny Death Star FB page, there is going to be new levels every Monday.

--------------------------

Other changes:

- It now costs $2 Imperial Bux to rent an apt instead of $1. (I'm not happy about that because the reward for giving a dream job is still at $1. So you can't rent, give dream job and evict to try to get the bitizen(s) you need anymore without losing $1 each time. LAME.)

- Previously, when a "high profile" rebel spy escaped (not a random bitizen rebel spy) you used to get $2 and $1 when he/she was captured. They have reversed it to where it makes more sense on the Death Star that you get $2 when captured and $1 when they escape (and you get the security needs to be tightened message). Small change, but logical.

13. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    Ya I have started construction on those levels. Funny little glitch: Every new level I start, no matter what type, is labelled "Food". But if I turn off my iPhone and restart it then go back into TDS, it is corrected to the right level type.
    Yeah I always thought that made poor sense the way it was. Although I think all those "Find such-and-such person" rewards should be increased. I mean, I'm searching through 70+ levels now (and that's not including the Imperial levels).

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I've heard of the business name glitch too. My game doesn't do that, but on the Imperial Levels, sometimes what's in the little picture is not what I currently completed.

What have you unlocked "Imperial Service Medal" wise? I'm 64/1200 collected for the droid package. 5 Days left! I hope I unlock Imperial Marches in time.

15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    $1 used to equal an hour of time. It appears the programmers doubled it. I noticed that when I had 12 hours left to build something it was $24 bux to finish it Also, it appears that they doubled the amount for a random VIP.

Also, since the update I have gotten ZERO Worker VIPs. I wonder if they turned them off for the time being. It's weird to not have at least gotten 1 in a week.

Job wise, I have one dream job for the Planetarium, two for Imperial Marches (that I don't have unlocked yet), zero for Bongo and two for Panna. Plenty of room, bitizens! Come move in! :)

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    My first reward for collecting the service medals was a big spender VIP, but not just one, I got 10 somehow. But I closed the game and when I opened it later, there were only 5 left, must've been a glitch.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Hey, it's Monday and there are new levels. I was playing at 7 AM, 9 AM and 11 AM (EST). I got a R2-D2 notice at 9 AM when I opened the app that said “New levels have been released! Add the Blaster Repair and Trooper Barracks Imperial levels to your Death Star today! Return weekly for more!”, but it wasn't until I opened the app at 11 AM that they were available to build.

Here are the levels that are available today -
    Imperial: Trooper Barracks
    Retail: Cloth Abricator
    Service: Med Bay

I got enough Service Medals last night to unlock Imperial Marches. I was getting nervous that I wouldn’t get enough in time, but it appears that I was nervous for nothing since the counter now says “<1 Day” so I’m assuming I would have had all day today to unlock any rewards if available. I already had three bitizens working at Bongo Sandwiches that wanted Imperial Marches as their dream job, so it has got three stars already. During one of my three sessions this morning, I got one of the black r4 units that came as one of the rewards, delivered it to this level, and unlocked the scene. Once I get a level mover, i'll put this one alphabetically with the other Imperial levels (not the minus ones, but Imperial Court, Grocer, and Museum, of course. :) )

Currently I need one more bitizen who wants Panna as a dream job, and I need three who want Bongo. I wish it didn't cost $2 to rent and it was back to $1. :mad:

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    All the things I hear about updates for this thing just prove they're trying to get folks to spend money on it :p

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm sure they are, but I haven't spent a dime. :)

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Monday, February 24, 2014

Residential

ENDOR ARMS
    CSILLA APTS
    WOOKIE ARMS

Retail
    KASHYYYK SHACK

Recreation
    ENDOR ADVENTURE

Service
    CHISS HSP

At the time of this post, these are shown in the Menu screen, but they are currently locked. It wouldn't let me add them/start building any of them.
    Also, at some point this weekend, they up'ed the time it take to assemble certain Imperial items. The most notable - the Battle Droid went from around 1 hour to 4 hours to build. The one Imperial wants 30 Battle Droids so I'll have his request in 5 days if I played every time one gets build which I don't do, I play casually, like I fly. :)

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So it appears that all these levels above are still locked, including a new Imperial level called OVERBRIDGE

What WAS actually available to build today:

Imperial:
    LIFE SUPPORT
    SHUTTLE BAY

Residential:
    TWILEK APTS

Recreation:
    HOLOFILM RENTAL

There is also a "Galactic Registry: Series 1" in the Album's Bitizen's section.

Also, I'm happy to report that the times for the Imperial items to be constructed appear to be corrected. The Battle Droid is back to an hour or so to build, so that's good.

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    It appears that the game designers took a week off. No new levels this past Monday 3/10/2014.

Sometime last week or two, they added a Salvage Droids level where you get three salvage droids: bronze, silver and gold. Depending on the location, your chances for rare items increase depending on the droid you send. When it premiered, it said someting about being available for 72 hours but it's been available much longer than that.

1) You get a free bronze droid every 24 hours for free and locations are rescanned/refreshed every 12 hours.
    2) The planets of Kashyyyk, Endor and Chiss, Asteroid Fields and Shipwrecks are the locations that you can send droid to.

Downside:
    1) It costs bux to send out the droids -- $5 for bronze, $15 for silver and $25 for gold.
    a) It's frustrating spending the bux and getting Imperial items or credits back especially when you're trying to get the locked levels or special characters. The "best/useful" thing I got so far is a level mover. Recently, I spent $5 on Kashyyyk and got 1000 credits which is a rip off because if I spent $5 on the "Get Credits" screen, I would get 1500.​

Anyone have Darth Vader come to their Death Star yet? Yoda?
    Anyone have any success unlocked one of the locked levels?
    Still no signs of workers.

Personally, I need two workers for Bacta Tanks, one for Bongo Sandwiches, one for Cloth Fabricator, three for Dex's Diner, and two for Holofilm Rental. I have one for Endor Adventure, but I don't have that level and again, I get frustrated when I spend $25 bux and I don't get the level unlocked. I wonder if it's in the programming that I need to spend X amount of bux before it unlocks.

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Big update last night - 36 new levels! Should I post the names of them all?

24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Has anybody experienced the bug where Galactic Registry 1 bitizens turn into random creatures and where the Deep Core set in the album is gone?

I did, so I wrote to support. I got a generic reply that is pretty...underestimating my intelligence.

Well, yeah, thanks for copypasta, but the error exists for everybody who updated to the latest version. >_<

25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I deleted this game after it started crashing after the March update. That's funny they finally made an update in August.