main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars titles on the Wii

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Spork111, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    Hey all! I just bought a Wii a week ago and I'm catching up on a lot of Nintendo awesomeness, but as a Star Wars fan as well as a gamer I'm looking for the best Star Wars game on the console. Here's a list of the titles I'm aware of - if I've missed anything, please let me know. I'd love to hear some opinions on these games from y'all:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
    LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

On the Virtual Console:
    Super Star Wars
    Super Empire Strikes Back
    Super Return of the Jedi

I actually got TFU II for $5 from a friend who was going to sell it back to Gamestop. It seemed enjoyable enough (if a bit mindless)... until the game suddenly ended about 5 hours in without anything resembling a resolution. Then I saw why he wanted to sell it. I also downloaded the Super Star Wars games on the virtual console - they seem to be fun for the most part, but they also seem to be designed by sadists. ESB seems to be particularly egregious in it's difficulty.

2. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Did you own a GameCube? If not, there are a few you can grab there:

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Edit: Nevermind!

4. Spork111

Jun 19, 2002
    Yup, I had a Gamecube and all five of those. Rogue Leader is made of win; 'nuff said. The Gamecube port of JK2 I felt had some issues, namely the fact that the game was designed for the PC with a quicksave system in mind, while the save system on the port is a lot clunkier, and load times are rather long. When you die (and I did... a lot!), you gotta load your last save; a checkpoint system might have served it well. I once heard Bounty Hunter described as a spiritual successor to Shadows of the Empire on the N64 (with its third-person, shooting, jetpacking action). Also, I thought Clone Wars was entertaining as a kind of ground-based version of the Rogue Squadron games.

As I look at the Gamecube's Star Wars library, I find it to be pretty strong - the only things I miss from that generation are KOTOR and Battlefront.

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I've heard very little good about the Clone Wars games, most reviews say that both games are abhorrent, poorly constructed cash-ins.
    I'd implore even the most avid Star Wars fan to avoid them, seeing as the fanbase purchasing crap seems to justify the company making yet more crap.

The Lego Star Wars games however, are absolutely ace, and if you haven't tried them already, the Wii is as good of a place as any to start.

6. Spork111

Jun 19, 2002
    That's pretty much what I've heard. I've always been a little skeptical about those games due to the LEGO angle, but I did play with them as a kid, so I might give the Complete Saga a shot. I might also be interested in LEGO Indy, if it's the same level of quality.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yes, Lego Star Wars is great, get that. Indy is OK too, but the various Lego games do get a bit 'samey' after a while.

The lightsaber battle clone wars game is quite fun, especially 2 player duels.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ^^ I agree, TCW: Lightsaber Battles is fun and the multiplayer is definitely more fun than TFU's multiplayer modes.

The LEGO games are great fun and I am currently enjoying LEGO Star Wars III: TCW.

TCW: Republic Heroes did get a bit frustrating towards the end. It could have been better and it had the potential.

TFU wasn't bad, too short, saber controls were good. I wasn't keen on the story/characters and a few other things and I decided to avoid TFU II even though it's Smash Bros-esque multiplayer did catch my eye.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Bounty Hunter was a blast, although the end villain was less than terrifying IMO.

10. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    That's the way I feel as well, since I now regret getting it and ultimately have no intentions on getting it for the PS3 anymore either, even if the demo was kinda fun.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, SESB is an incredibly hard game, and even after you get past the incredible challenges of the Wampa and Echo base levels, it gets even harder once you hit Cloud City. Dagobah's not too bad though- the Force powers make it fun, and the various vehicle levels throughout the game are a blast (and inspired the ones in Shadows of the Empire, which in turn were spun-off to create Rogue Squadron).

SESB was so notoriously hard that they made SROTJ the easiest of the trilogy- too easy, IMO (very few levels in that game take more than a few tries to complete, with notable exception to the interior of the Shield Generator Bunker and the final escape from the Death Star 2, both of which have SESB level difficulty).

SSW is difficult in spurts- the only significant hurdle in the whole game is the Docking Bay 94 boss (if you don't beat it the first time around with a powered up weapon, you have no chance of beating it with the standard blaster your next time through).

However, the games do have some awesome debug menu cheat codes to help get past some of these areas- I always encourage people to avoid using cheat codes at all costs unless you've literally spent hours or days unable to pass an area, but some sections of SESB almost demand it.

12. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i wouldn't recommend the clone wars duels game or star wars bounty hunter. i bought star wars bounty hunter about 6 months ago for 15 whopping bucks (from gamestop). considering it's an obsolete gamcube game from 2002 and you can get a xbox 360 game from 2005 for 2 bucks from gamestop. it is a really crappy game i thought i would like it because i like jango fett way better then boba fett. but don't buy the game it stinks bad...

gamestop.com review and no this isn't one of the worst reviews. the average review score for the gamecube version is 67/100... which is less then average score. also the clone wars lightsaber duels has gotten scathing reviews as well.

Children up to the age of ten will be satisfied by the performance of the game, so parents can buy this game without worrying about violence. For the core-gamer, there is no need to buy Star Wars: The Clone Wars. average score of clone wars 57/100
    70/100 is an average score. the worst review is 20/100 the best is only 71/100 it has zero positive reviews.

heck nintendo power themselves which i assume can be baised towards nintendo gave it a craptacular 4/10

anyway you should buy force unleashed for wii
    complete saga for the wii
    jedi knight jedi acadamy 2 for gamecube
    rogue squadron 3

13. DarthNightmaricus

DarthNightmaricus Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    Only two of those I have are Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike. The others ARE on my wish list, though.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Bounty Hunter is lots of fun. I'd think you could get a pre-owned copy pretty cheaply..

I've played the PS2 version.

15. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    TFU is alright if you haven't already played it, and the Lego games are good fun. As always, don't bother with any Lego title where you're not a fan of the source material already, but for SW at least that's obviously not an issue.