main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars toys returning to their roots?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by IG_2000, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/toy_fair_2011/index.html

I haven't really been up to date over the past few years in the collecting world, but alot of these toys bring me back to the POTF/POTFII era toys. It seems to me like the past few years has been focused on making merchandise for the collector with little play value (I could be wrong though, like I said I haven't followed much of the collecting world) but these toys, especially the Republic shuttle vehicle/playset makes the inner child in me scream "I WANT THIS".

Alot of the vehicles also seem to be inspired by the minirigs from back in the day. I hope when the original trilogy begins rereleasing in theaters we'll get a Power of the Force III line. Right before the sequel trilogy starts airing in 2019 [face_mischief]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The toys may be returning to their roots but the collectibles have been branching out into different areas - remember the Vader sprinkler? (Yeah, I have one). There have been hoodies (I've got the Ecko Fett), sneakers, and my local Entertainer had a Clone Wars blanket at one point.

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have one of those Vader sprinklers somewhere Les :) I like the directions that collecting is going. It will be interesting if they can keep releasing new products until 2019 while keeping the public interested.

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    For the 3rd year now Adidas is releasing more Star Wars apparel and shoes. Here is their lineup for spring

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like those silver and blue jackets, Mike. The sneakers don't do much for me though.

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I will get the Bob Fett items and that silver jacket Les.

7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Must be talking about the new figures in "old" packaging. I love it. But the figures are one's I have one...two..three of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.