main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Star Wars Toys

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ravenjack, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Here it is folks the final 12 rots figs reported from Hasbro at the comic con. I threw on the titanium and the action packs too. For pics go to galactichunter.com, but expect some wait time on downloading the pics. Drum roll please.......

Final 12 Revenge of the Sith Action Figures:

Commander Bly (Yellow Commander)
    Holographic Plo Koon
    501st Legion Super Articulated Clone Trooper
    Commander Gree (Green Commander)
    Holographic Aayla Secura
    R4-P17 (Obi-Wan Kenobi's Astromech Droid)
    Wookiee Warrior - New Deco (Two variants: One light brown with tan "pleather" softgoods vest; one brownish black with black "pleather" softgoods vest. Both come with rappel line and cannon.)
    Passel Argente (Yellow Cloak)
    Shu Mai (Utapau Costume)
    Neimoidian Warrior (Variant Silver & Brown Deco)
    Grievous' Guard (Variant White)

Evolutions Assortment:

Clone Trooper (Variant Set: White Attack of the Clones Clone Trooper; ARC Trooper with grey deco; and A New Hope Sandtrooper, dirty, with grey shoulder pauldron.)

Titanium Series:

Spring 2006 ? Titanium Series 3 ¾? Die Cast Boba Fett ? $14.99

Wal*Mart Exclusive Titanium Ultra Die Cast Vehicles ("Action Fleet" Scale)
    ? Droid Fighter, Republic Gunship, and X-Wing ? $19.99 each

Wal*Mart Exclusive Titanium 3? Gift Pack
    ? Slave 1, Arc Fighter, Silver TIE Bomber, X-Wing, Swamp Speeder ? $19.99

Wal*Mart Exclusive Titanium 3?Ships:

? Naboo Royal Starship, Anakin's Starfighter (Green), Millennium Falcon, and Wookiee Flyer $4.99 each

2. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    im dissapointed with this lineup. granted that i will buy them all anyway, we should have got baby leia with the organas , or baby luke with the lars. did we even get commander cody? or did is just miss him somewhere.

peace out

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah Ravenjack, those 12 new figs look sweet, but every single one of them is a repack-repaint, and that doesnt look good for the entire line... the Lord Of The Rings line is going through its death throes right now, and it seems that every 3rd figure is a repack. However, they do look cool so we'll have to buy :) In addition to 12 new figures, there are 3 variants of existing figures that will be hitting shelves SOON. A black clone pilot #34, a green Clone commander #35 and a red Clone #6

Never can have enough clones :)

onward

4. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    yeah it's repaint city with the last 12. I would have liked a few new sculpts, but Hasbro isn't going to spend that kind of money for a line that is ending. No Cody either, but at least we got Bly and Gree. With the other repaints Jace mentioned we are going to be up to our neck in army builders, good times :)

5. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    anybody up for a get together tonight? just to hang out or whatever. how was the fantastic four?

6. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Haven't seen it yet. Sent you an email about tonight. Might be up for going out.

7. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    when can we expect these figures to be out? im guesing sometime next year, i hope sooner. so, all keep your eyes, ears and wallets (purses?) open cause with all the cruddy retailers around, we might never evern get a chance to see them. still no word on the 500th vader. sorry about that, still waiting for the store to get it in, the we will go from there

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Got my 500th Vader and it is sweet!!!

9. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    well folks, still no luck on anything at all. i will be on the lookout for the new stuff at toysrless. i really interested in getting holo emperor (exclusive). believe that a holo set would be nice. all the holos together would look cool

peace out!

10. Lord_Cynical

Lord_Cynical Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    Hi I picked one up these up tonight at toys r us and was wondering if it was worth it or not or anyones opinion. I paid 10 bucks for it

[image=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/4866/untitled1copy1ep.jpg]

11. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Always one to venure an opinion :)

The $10 you paid, was more or less a fair deal, and Ill explain:

The 'VOTC' line is widely hailed as the most detailed, and "true to movie" line among the Star wars Hasbro line.(not of course, including 'Unleashed') That rendition of Ben kenobi is regarded as the best of his figures. Finding one, a full year after the release of that wave is nothing short of remarkable.

HOWEVER. The first wave of 'VOTC' (luke leia han ben)was TOO mass produced, and many fans (myself among them) despised paying $10.99 for what was essentially a basic figure in deluxe packaging, and just didnt buy them, causing them to clog the pegs like unhealthy arteries.
    For a time, you could find 20 or more of each figure at walmarts and after a while they clearanced them, in some cases as low as $2.50

there ya go, hope I was informative :)

12. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    I originally came to post this, but forgot while i responded above :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5987554263&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

My newest aquisition. I just grew tired of constantly regretting NOT buying these when i saw them in stores (and i only ever missed ONE of these in stores.) Also gave me an excuse to crack open the 3 newest ones i bought @ target last week, so as it stands, im only missing the vader with removable helmet (which normally goes for $120, and i found no less than 6 of at TRU :mad: ), Plus its the end of the unleashed line, so nows a great time to buy them before they skyrocket in price.

At least thats how i justified spending $625 on 27 toys.

I just hate myself... :)

onward

13. Lord_Cynical

Lord_Cynical Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    Hmm after reading that I would also like to pass something buy you again, at toys r us I also bought last years obi wan unleashed and they had luke hoth version unleashed but I didnt get that one. I was gonna take the obi unleashed back but do you think it will be worth keeping since they are stopping the line?? And if so should I go and get the hoth luke?? Thanks for your input, its greatly appreciated :)

I also would like to not that the toys r us down (fowler ave in tampa) here has all the Mpire figures (30 atleast) They have all 4 sets and they also have the new twin packs.

14. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I have some extras of the unleashed line. I beleive Chewy, Luke in orange flight suit. What is a good place to start on ebay?

15. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    Exclusives:
    If you thought you'd seen a lot of exclusives from Hasbro so far at Comic-Con, just wait...there's more where those came from!

Straight from the Expanded Universe will be a Stealth Clone Trooper, painted black and grey, and will be super-articulated. Target exclusive.

Clone Attack on Coruscant is now confirmed to be a Target exclusive. Lots of Clones!

A 10" Cinemacast Darth Vader figure will be a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Entertainment Earth will present Astromech Droids in 5-packs.

K-Mart will have 2 exclusive Battle Packs.

A pair of exclusives with a similar theme: The Separation of the Twins. Obi-Wan Kenobi with a baby Luke. Bail Organa with a baby Leia. Coming to Wal-Mart late 2005.

StarWarsShop.com will get the Japanese remote control R2-D2

16. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    "I was gonna take the obi unleashed back but do you think it will be worth keeping since they are stopping the line?? And if so should I go and get the hoth luke?? Thanks for your input, its greatly appreciated"

In particular, the Obi wan from AOTC isnt as rare a figure as the rest of them. Its a great figure, and very much worth what you paid for it, and someday maybe more but as of right now, they typicaly sell for $15 on ebay. Sadly that is also the case with the Chewie, Luke, and Clone figures (though the clones can hit $25 occasionally)And in my opinion the Luke hoth is one of the best figures of the line yet you can still find him @ TRU. I think they just made too many of those waves. What i'd reccomend doing (both Marie and cynical) is purchase extras of the newest (and last waves) and wait about 2 months, then sell them all in single auctions on ebay. give a little more time for the line to come to a close and they'l go up in value all the more. Also its typically known that the last waves of a toy line (any line) are usually shorter poduced, andsell far higher. I wish id bought extras of the Vader and yoda vs palps i found last week, because i have a feeling i could have resold them for at least 3 times as much in a month, but oh well.

onward

17. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Jace, excellent acquisition of the Unleashed figures. Unfortunately the Chewie, Luke Hoth, Obi-wan, and for the most part the Clone Trooper are stuck at the $15 price range for now. I have a feeling though when people see the new 2" line they will be clamoring to get there hands on any of the old 7" line they don't have. Aurra Sing, IG-88, and the Stormtrooper where released right before the movie and were snatched in a sec, but then we look at the EpIII unleashed and they are all warming the pegs. I think this newest EpIII wave and the last one will be snatched up very quickly and you?re going to see a price increase on the second market to coincide. As far as the new exclusives, Stealth Trooper-freaking sweet, Clone Attack- more clones always nice, cinemacast vader-can't wait to see the detail and the price, astromech droids- not big on droids, but nice to see a collection, K-mart exclusives- it's the jedi temple assault, most likely over priced and given to a dieing store, the separation of the twins- glad to see they made these. You left out the other Target exclusive a craptacular repaint of obi wan #1 and Anakin #2 with that super nifty lava paint and mustafar bases. At $12 each I can't really say I want this exclusive. I do want the new holo emperor at TRU though; I can set him next to his OTC self.

18. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    I am unstoppable. I am a force to be reckoned with. I am Jace. I am UNLEASHED! Upon ebay :) and the force is with me. This is unbelievable. I found a literal STEAL on ebay 10 min ago and bought it instantly. A HUGE lot of unleashed figures dirt cheap (averaging LESS than RETAIL cost apiece). Initial estimates on my reselling these, show that I will make a MINIMUM profit of $180 (after recapping my cost) this profit will then in turn be dumped back into purchasing the unmasked vader, and will also lessen the overall cost of the $625 spent on the "mother-lot"

Have your bladder-control device in place, and activated:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5987922683&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Hating myself a lot less now :)

onward.

19. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Great pick up Jace. Thanks for the info. about my extra figures. Still waiting for my shipment of the last ones.

20. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    I went to a collectors get together this weekend in Cincinatti and picked up my 1st ever EU Darktrooper for 10 bones, my 2nd ever EU Spacetrooper for the same, a ton a ROTS figs loose for 5O Cent a piece, Sio Bibble carded for 10, Yoda with Ep 1 logo for 10, and bunch more loot that I can't remember.

Basically, this weekend rocked!!!!

21. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Eric... My loot is better than your loot. nah-nah-ne-nah-nah :)

onward

22. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Yeah, well did you get ROTS on DVD my young padawan? I forgot to mention I did!!! And it's PERFECT!!!

23. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    looks like the collecting will continue for a good while. everyone act fast! the holo leia from comic-con is no on sale for $ 14.00 at starwarshop.com. it ships the 25 of july, and it comes with a special comic-con collectors case. a really good deal. where did u get your copy or ROTS? it got mine two days after it came out

24. SithFan1977

May 19, 2005
    ok, ive got an offical date for the new toy releases. aug. 1st! mark that in your calendar folks, cause i'll be out bright and early looking for the deals. in other news, im totally hooked on the unleashed figures now! I bought two old ones today: bossk and obi-wan. if anybody has extras i will be glad to make a deal. peace out!

25. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Sith, I will have plenty of extras hopefully by friday, let me know which ones you want, and we'll talk price.

On another, and totally shocking note, I found my 500th vader today.

At K-Mart of all places. Paid $19.25 AFTER taxes (wierd price) they only had the one, but they also had 4x Anakin/vader evolutions sets (already found 4x at WM) and as unbelivable as the vader, they ALSO had at least 2 of each "Mpire wave 2" figs. I wanted the boba and Darth maul, but just didnt justify spending $18 for those 2 toys.

Onward! (and check those Kmarts!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.