main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars toys...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Almost anything can land in here. from high end props, toys to video games.

I got a Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron for the PSP and am really diggin it.

I also got recently, a Star Wars bust of a Tie Fighter pilot from Gentle Giant. I have a large collection of these higher end busts and
    really enjoy the look of them.

My dog destroyed my Vader helmet so I'm in the process of getting a replacement for that.

Only other thing I got in the bag is I'm trying to get a Jet Pack together and painted for my Jango Fett outfit. I'm having a little trouble getting the painter motivated though so I might have to do it myself.

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Surely not our local legend painter? Can't wait to see your Jango all done up.

This year was the first year that there were no toys under the tree. :( I reckon that's what happens though when the tastes turn towards things like a new drum set.

I would still like to add that new Tie Fighter to the collection. It looks like it is huge.

3. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yeah, I love the Ties. Having several myself, I cant get enough of them. No toys under my tree either except the PSP game. I guess its another new years resolution to curtail spending. I cut back drastically last year but I still got my eye on the Clone Turbo Tank and the big yellow Ywing from The Clone Wars.
    They're expensive but I have a feeling that tank will still be setting on the shelves well into next year, maybe even for half price!

4. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Funny thing about toys, ya never know which ones will be the big sellers.

5. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Indeed. I still like to look though. Its a good way to get out and get some exercise for me. I try to park a good way out in the parking lot and then a round or two through the store a couple times a week at different stores. For the local hunter's best time to hunt is Toys R Us on Friday mornings (truck comes in Thrusday night and they stock Friday morning for the weekend).
    Walmart is good on Wednesdays & Fridays while Target is good for Tuesdays & Thursdays. Kmart is a backwater.

6. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Good tip! I will try hitting TRU Friday morning!

7. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    [face_laugh]

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Tis true. Every time I go in there it looks like a bomb went off and they are the most expensive with the least selection. They had an exclusive clone pack a couple months back that had four clones in it (repaints) and they wanted like 27.99 for it! Crazy, they've always been like that though. They want $9 for figs. What a rip off. Thats why I got out of collecting toys. As much as I like them, I can no longer stomach a set of 50-70 figs at $7-$8 a piece! Ridiculous!

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I don't even go there anymore. I got tired of the stuff always being more expensive.

10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Argh, my luck. I found a Cad Bane (bounty hunter off the new clone wars cartoon) and I had to get him!

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    [face_devil] They gotcha again! I saw him and was wondering if you would grab him.;)

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, one may be on the lookout at the local Walmart's over the next couple weeks if you want one of the Clone Turbotanks. Wally is re-setting the aisles and history has told me that that usually means old stock getting slashed. We may just see that Tank sitting on an endcap at half price!

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I saw Target has the Ywing about $10 cheaper than Toys R Us but still its like $65. I also saw a cool Mace Windu battlepack for the Attack on Ryloth with him and three clones. I almost bought it but bought a wireless mouse instead (they have Logitech mice at half price this week)

14. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    I've been really into the Mos Eisley cantina aliens for a while now. I've got a pretty cool cantina diorama. There are a few more cantina patrons to go. I'm waiting for the Tonnika sisters!!

I've been collecting memorabilia since 1987! What is everyone's prize piece? Mine would probably either be the HUGE Millenium Falcon display that some TRU stores got in 1997...or the old 1983 Star Wars Atari arcade game. =)

My other prize, which is no longer because I believe I have a fake... was the old 1976 teaser Star Wars poster. My heart sank....I haven't had it checked for sure but I think I was ripped off. I got it about 9yrs ago. I'm afraid to hear... "it's a copy."

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Love it man! On a rare occassion I see one of the Falcon's come up on ebay. I do have the Naboo starfighter hanging from my ceiling from TRU. My prize pieces have to be my costumes though. I've got a stormtrooper, EPIII clone trooper (airborne), a Vader, a jango fett and now a bikerscout. For toys though, I'm really fond of my Sideshow collectibles Vader. He's about two feet tall and very detailed. I love all the gentle giant stuff as far as busts, statues. One cool piece that I always see appreciating in value though is my EP1 Queen's Starship which I still have in the box. I love toys. You mention the cantina and that reminds me that Hasbro back in 04 I think, released the Original Trilogy Collection (OTC)and it had two box sets of the cantina patrons. One included that giant cricket. :)

16. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    CV is coming along soon. I think thats the next biggest thing for Star Wars toys. They always have some pretty cool specials.
    Most of my old school toy collecting friends are gone. We used to have a thread over at Rebelscum but it died painfully at the begining of this year when no one posted any longer. Many selling their collections or just not buying anything. We had some real glory days when those boards were hopping around AOTC
    and ROTS! I'm looking forward to Gentle Giants Darth Talon! She comes out in Sept I think.

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Speaking of toys, it appears you can now submit photos of your collection for CV! I think I'm gonna send some pics of my toy room in. Some of you have seen it over at Facebook I'm sure. :)

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I'm looking for an Episode I Battle Droid, 12" MIB or loose. Let me know if anyone knows where to score!

19. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    The toy aisles are in sad shape. Everywhere I go, empty pegs, multiples of figs not wanted and very few pickings. It happens most everytime this year into August. Thats usually when things pick up for the fall and with the coming greatest hits wave, theres not much I'm looking for other than a Rex in his snow outfit. I might tag the Bespin Cloud Car as I havent seen that since the Titanium vehicles line and it hasnt been out in size suitable for figs in years. It'll be interesting to see whats coming. I used to post over at Rebelscum but the Richmond thread died last year since no one had any extra cash to buy swag.

20. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    New fall toy line has landed! Hit TRU/Midlo and they were all there. TCW figs are repacked onto new cards with game cards. All
    the figs are repacks though. Also new are the ESB TAC collection of cards. These are all on ESB cardbacks from 80/81. Although I've got the original figs, the cards look cool and the figs are updated. (Boba has a sharp paint job, Vaders helm comes off, ATAT driver has removable armor, things like that)all the figs of the first wave were there. The new vehicles line is primarily repacks in the new line's boxes but the Cloud Car looks great!
    Happy Hunts.

21. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Hit Target/FH yesterday and their re-boot is official. Every new fig, every new battle pack, the new At At and Helfire droid, all sorts of new stuff to look at!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.