main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Star Wars Trilogy at U of A

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by TarkinTheEwok, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TarkinTheEwok

TarkinTheEwok Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    The special editions of the original trilogy are going to be shown at the university's Gallagher Theater on January 27-29, 2005.

The times are 6, 8:30, and 11 at night. Individual tickets are $3, and there will probably be a deal for multiple tickets.

This will be a great event to meet Star Wars fans from around the area. Is anybody interested in meeting on either Friday or Saturday afternoon before the movies start? It could be something as simple as having sundaes in the corner of the union.

This is a prime opportunity for people on these boards to meet in real life. Let's make it happen!

2. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    In costume?

3. TarkinTheEwok

Nov 19, 2004
    If you have a costume, you're welcome to wear it. It would be cool if something identified us as fans other than our tickets.

For my part, I'll have my Revenge teaser art shirt and my lightsaber with me.

4. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Wow thanks for the heads up. I think that it's great the U of A is doing this. I will request the days off work so I can take my Star Wars geek girlfriend :D

5. TarkinTheEwok

Nov 19, 2004
    I have more information on this event. You can buy tickets starting on Jan. 27th at around 5 PM. The box office is open from 5 to midnight on those three days.

The cost is $3 per movie or $8 for the entire trilogy. The box office representative told me that they would be the 1997 Special Editions, which is what I expected. It's not like they're going to create a new theatrical print from the DVDs just for one event.

I will definitely be there on Saturday, Jan. 29th. If anybody gives me a good reason, I will show up on one of the other two days as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.