main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Trilogy DVD discussion

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    FYI - A few screenshots from the 4th bonus DVD due out in Sept. have "leaked" re: the birth of Darth Vader. Nothing gross, fully helmeted and all, just......disturbing. :_|

**mutters curses about Palpatine and goes to watch the end of ROTJ**

(And I know, I was the one complaining about spoilers, but I don't consider the stuff that GL is releasing to be spoiler material. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;) )

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ya know, everybody just assumes that Anakin 'becomes' Darth Vader when he puts on the suit. Who says he can't be Vader before he puts on the suit- much like Dooku/Tyranus..? He may actually be Vader when he fights Obi-Wan...

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    He may actually be Vader when he fights Obi-Wan...

I would say he is.

That's what all the Vader fangirls in the world are excited about. Good looking guy, Vader's kick ass 'tude. ;)

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, I think the lava and new duds just seal the DartVader/dark side deal!

Really looking forward to seeing how Sideous reveals himself to Anakin. Man, I hope it's not over the phone- that would be so impersonal.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I don't think its over the phone, but now I know why Vader says he must obey his master...

He's scared of those bondage sex dreams Palpy has about him... :eek:

I think he truly turn Sith when he wakes up in the armor and thinks he doesn't have anything else to live for or that is too late....before he had just let the darkside overtake him.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    OMG, you went there, didn't you, Rhonda?

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I can just picture Vader telling him everytime they are together..."Don't touch me! I'll force-choke you're old a$$"...

8. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    He's scared of those bondage sex dreams Palpy has about him.

Or of warped fanfic writers.........

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Bast Castle Fanfic

[face_laugh]

Of course, Vader isn't the only one with an estrogen brigade...Luke has his, too. ;) And Maul, and Qui_Gon, and.... [face_laugh]

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I think I need a drink or five before I can go there. :eek: And I thought Sith Chicks was scary....

ANYWAY, back to the thread topic. I gotta remember to request off work on Sept. 22nd since I'll be up all night watching movies.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    ANYWAY, back to the thread topic. touchè ;)

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I don't know, I'm thinking I'll have to watch all three in their glory. We should have a sleep over at my house and watch it on the widescreen..... BYOAM....

13. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    It's my birthday on 22 September, and I get to see the OT DVDs and read the final part of Roland of Gilead's quest for the Dark Tower. Wahey!!

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    What day is that on..?

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    A friggin Tuesday! Why can't they release these things on a Friday? (When we can stay up all night watching them?)

16. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Anyone know how much these are going to cost?

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, Chad! Long time, no see!

Amazon is showing a list price of $69.98, and and have a sale price listed of $41.99. I'm guessing it'll retail somewhere in the $40-$55 range locally, just like the Indy DVD set.

18. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Cool thanks!

19. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm guessing it'll retail somewhere in the $40-$55 range locally, just like the Indy DVD set.

That's a pretty logical guess, Tim. When the Indy set came out, one of our guys found an Eckerd (drug store) ad for $34.99 and made Best Buy match it. Then again, BB will likely have a cool bonus (disc?) that may make it worth a little more. Time will only tell.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Time will only tell.

Time and the DVD Master!

21. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I feel sorry for Jim from LFL for having to put up with fanboys all day. I bet he loved that. Well, at least it shows him that he needn't worry about how the regular fans with lives, those who like the changes or at the very least haven't resorted to crying about Anakin being Anakin at the end of ROTJ, will take it. They will still get out of the house, go to parties and have sex...same as always!

[face_blush] [face_laugh]I gave this as feedback to one of the reviews, this one I think.... Film Threat Review

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    This time next week, I will still be watching DVD's!!!!

~*~ONE MORE WEEK!!!~*~

Trace, here's the review I was talking about. Tim can choroeograph his "Get Over It" fanfilm to these words! [face_laugh]

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    My insurance agent called me last night because he had to vent about the new DVDs. He just now heard about them replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen in the end of ROTJ.

That really doesn't bother me at all. Now, their replacing the Darth Vader/Obi-Wan fight from ANH with CGI mockups to up the action from its former, geriatric level, that I have a problem with.

:p

24. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    A good (if short) interview with Lucas from the AP:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/20040915/109528362000.html

AP: Why not release both the originals and special editions on DVD?

Lucas: The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ... I'm not going to spend the, we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it. But I want it to be the way I want it to be. I'm the one who has to take responsibility for it. I'm the one who has to have everybody throw rocks at me all the time, so at least if they're going to throw rocks at me, they're going to throw rocks at me for something I love rather than something I think is not very good, or at least something I think is not finished.

-Joe (who noted to a friend that wanted "The original trilogy with 5.1 digital surround sound" that "it wouldn't be the original trilogy, since it only had the original Dolby Stereo Surround. If you re-mix the audio, it's no longer original, just like if you change the video." He didn't like that.)

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yep. It's Georgie's universe. He can do whatever he wants. While I may gripe about a few of the changes, I really do appreciate the fact that he upgraded the visual and audio quality. He definitely did Star Wars a favor in doing that.

Didn't he release the pre-SE editions on VHS with THX sound back in the early-mid 90's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.