main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA STAR WARS TRILOGY DVD EVENT

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/erickrsteiner/other/dvdtrilogy.jpg]

2. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    damn you erick damn you.

3. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    how did you get yours so early?

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Eric, you eat Banth poo doo!!! ;) LOL

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hahaha! A little DVD envy from the boys I see. Patience, patience...yours will come.

:D

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    How did Bizarro Superman get a copy?

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeah, who's Bantha's butt has he been kissing?

8. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Man the Hater-Aid must be on tap over in this thread. The man gets his early and you're all hatin.

I got mine too btw!!! HA HA!! ....ok I can't back that up.

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeah but your poolio, you are supposed to be delusional. :p LOL

10. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Erick got the hook on the DVD from his bro.

11. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    That is not true ming! George Lucas himself came to my house telling me to seize making fanfilms which are conflicting with the story line of Episode III, so he gave me a copy of the trilogy.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ya know, I almost believe the poor kid.... NOT!!!!

13. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    i cant find the preview for the DVDs on starwars.com. anyone have a link?

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Are you a Hyperspace member? It's under "Member Exclusive Video". Go to "Archives".

15. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    uh.. if you have to pay to be a member, then no i'm not.

16. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    I think the preview is also up at amazon.com

17. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You get the preview after you pre-order the DVD.

18. GheoFabulousDuk

GheoFabulousDuk Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Hey all!
    New to this neck of the TFN... woods... Endor... place... thing...
    In any case, I'll probably be able to pop up at t3h mas nifty event type dealy, hopefully in costume. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for simple costumes that wouldn't be too hard for a 14 yr old to assemble... (read: CHEAP) Well I look forward to seeing you all there!

~Duk

19. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Duk:

Be careful - the 'cheap' costumes are sometimes not only cheap in cost, they're cheap in construction/quality.

Probably anything available in local halloween stores will be Prequel-style costumes, and the only person wearing Jedi robes in the Original Trilogy was Ben Kenobi.

Imperial-wise, the easiest costume is 'Imperial Crewman.' You need black boots (dress boots, not lace/mountain), black jumpsuit, black belt with a rectangular metal buckle. The 'custom' elements for this costume would be two Imperial 'cog' patches for the shoulders, an Imperial officer's hat, and a 'greeblie' for the belt buckle.

Check out http://www.jedi-academy.com for other costume tips, but again - these are detailed costumes.

Museum Replicas Ltd., which sells various and sundry swords and medieval garb, is also selling other clothing lines, including a "Prequel Jedi-like" warrior getup that runs $110. The catalog describes it as a textured heavy cotton material - a high collar undershirt, over tunic, decorative cloth belt (velcro adjustable), and pants. S/M or L/XL, Dry clean only. Black or Natural. If you were to try and get this by Monday (doubtful, even with FedEx, your cost would easily be around $150).

Other options include begging for mercy (that is, asking really nicely) and hoping someone has something they could loan you that you might fit. Unfortunately, I have the waistline of an Imperial bureaucrat, so I doubt I've got anything you could use.

TK-855

20. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Or you could always go as Comic Book Guy.

21. GheoFabulousDuk

GheoFabulousDuk Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    That whole "Imperial Crewman" idea sounds pretty good. It's along the lines of what I meant by cheap. I meant cheap as in easily assembled from household objects and/or easy to come by materials, not inexpensive pre-made costumes. So I'll probably show up as one o' them Imp guys. Thanks.

~Duk

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    For those of you that missed the meeting, here are the details of the DVD event:

-most of the event will be on 1st floor, 2nd floor will be game tryouts, popcorn, and a DVD viewing area

-the changing room will unfortunately be for 501st members only, due to the changing room size and that we'll be staffing the event

-the schedule will be approximately as follows:

9:00 pm - Intros, passing out of raffle tix, costume contest sign-ups begin, refreshments, photo ops, etc.

9:30 pm - first raffle prizes awarded

10:00 pm - trivia contests begin, 3 volunteers
    (3 rounds?)
    10:30 pm - second set of raffle prizes awarded

11:00 pm - costume contest

11:30 pm - more raffles(?), group photo, and line-up to purchase DVD, game, and soundtrack

12:00 am - 1 am(?) - guests can receive the DVD, game, and soundtrack

Throughout the night, take lots of pictures, mingle, see old friends, make new ones, and most of all, HAVE FUN!

"This will be a day long remembered!"

MTFBWY!

Please try to get there before 9 pm to get your raffle ticket, and to pre-purchase the DVD, and have a chance to eat!

23. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Man, I'm bummed I'm missing this event :( Hubby doesn't want to drive into SF and somehow I don't feel all that safe walking to the Union Square Garage alone after midnight.

Oh well, it's probably my fault for not getting my Leia costume done (then I could have probably guilted him into having to come with me).

I hope someone posts a report and photos of all the cool costumes! I know there were lots of great ones a few years ago at the Metreon.

- Kay Dee

24. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Great event everyone, I think we all owe Matt a beer and mucho thanks from being the driving "Force" behind this one! You da man! AND As always Chanel is very proud I'm sure.

25. cryovader

cryovader Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    First of all a huge thank you to everyone who came out to make last night a success !

Special Thanks to Matt, Dale ,Tarra, The SF Fan Force, The Virgin Megastore staff, The members of the GGG, Mike Quinn, ( someone please forward this to him ) and anyone else who I might be forgetting, all your hard work & planning these past few months were definitely worth it !

Sorry I left early, but after losing part of my costume, and injuring my right ankle, I decided to call it a night before something else went wrong.

I know lots of pictures were taken, Mary Franklin has asked me to send her pictures of the event to post in Bantha Tracks, so can everyone PLEASE send me your pictures, (I don?t care how many, or how big they are) , to :

ihiebert@bmcd.com or cryogenesys@gmail.com

I can also setup accounts on our GGG server to upload if need be.
    We will also post all of the pics to our gallery server as well.

Thanks again,

Ian Hiebert
    Commanding Officer
    Golden Gate Garrison
    501st Legion
    TK-1559

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.