Star Wars Trilogy DVDs

Discussion in 'York/lancaster, PA' started by Jedipete33, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey everyone, I just would like to tell everyone that the trilogy dvds release date is drawing closer but if you can't wait until then then you can get a sneak peek at the documentary on the dvds tonight. Tonight A&E will be airing a shortened version of Empire of Dreams at 8.
  2. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    When I first heard about the documentary tonight, I didn't realize that it was from the DVD set and was planning on taping it tonight, but as you say there is no need since I will be buying the set on the 21st!
  3. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Great - thanks for posting this info. I hadn't actually known that this would be on tv.
  4. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    Also if your looking for the dvds cheap I'd suggest going to FYE. You can get it for $35 after rebate and you get a free poster.
  5. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you have to reserve it at FYE to get it at that price? Also, what is the price before rebate?

Is anyone else upset that Lucas didn't release the original trilogy as they were when they first came out in the theaters?
  6. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    I am!!! I always assumed that the original would be released with some kind of option to add the special edition additions in if one wished.
  7. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I would even deal with buying 2 sets, one of the OT as it was in the theaters and another set of these "Ultimate" Editions (as some are calling them). I must admit that if that was the way they were offered, I wold buy the OTs first and wait until my budget allowed for the second set.

Has anyone considered that Lucas may not actually be done with these movies and that he may do further changes in the future?
  8. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    You have to reserve the set at FYE to get the poster but you should get the rebate just by buying it without reserving it. I believe the set is $55 without rebate.

About the original movies on dvd I'm not too upset. It's George's vision and he can do what he wants to. Still we may see the originals down the road, you never know.
  9. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished watching the A&E special, and I must say that if I didn't have to get up in 6 hours, I would throw Star Wars (not the SE version) into my VCR and watch the trilogy straight through!

'Night!
  10. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked up my set of DVDs today from FYE and it stinks! The rebate requires you to cut out the UPC symbol on the bottom of the box! If I had known this I would have gone elsewhere for it!

I went with the ANH poster, though I must say that I was caught between it and the ROTJ one.

11. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    Your right that stinks!, but isn't there any other way to get the rebate? Can you just photocopy the bottom of the box? I didn't get to buy mine yet so what do you think I should do? I already reserved the dvd at FYE.
  12. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    The guy at the store said at least 3 times that I had to cut out the UPC symbol and send it with the rebate coupon and the receipt.

I have decided that if I can return the set and get all my money back (I know that means returning the poster too), I will and buy it elsewhere. If I can't return it, I will cut out the UPC as gently and precisely as I can and then cut a piece of the same card stock and use wide clear tape to hold it in place.
  13. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I was able to take it back and got a full refund. I did have to return the poster, though I am not feeling any loss over that. I am probably going to buy the set at Costco tomorrow or if I find a better deal online I will go with that.

14. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    I went by Toys'R'Us and found out that while the price is $49.99, you get a $10 gift card with the purchase of the set or the Battlefront game. So, if you shop TRU the card really makes the price of the set $39.99. So I went with the set there.

If I had any belief that Battlefront would have run on my computer I probably would have picked it up as well for another $10 gift card!
  15. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    Well I went with the trilogy dvds at Walmart. I got them for $44 and got a bunch of free stickers. I also picked up 2 of the 3 dvd commemorative figure sets.
  16. Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Master

star 4
    I pre-ordered the Trilogy at FYE and got a free poster because of my pre-order... Unfortionatly you had to pick between three posters each from each episode... Grrr... I got the ANH poster in the end. HAHAHA

I need to return my DVD set though because there is a skip on the ANH disc.. right when Ben picks up the helmet for Luke to put on for training in the Falcon.
  17. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Doesn't it bother you to have had to cut the UPC symbol out of the bottom of the box to get the rebate?

I have just started Star Wars, though I will likely have to turn it off before too long to watch some other TV programs, but I'll probably see the rest tonight after my wife and daughter are in bed...though it'll have to be quiet...
  18. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey anyone discover any hidden content yet? If so How do you access it??

19. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    There's supposedly a hidden "blooper reel".

On the Bonus Disk, go to the Galleries Menu page and type in 1138.

You'll get a 5 minute blooper reel, with one of the highlights being Boba Fett shooting an ewok.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
  20. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    As far as I know that is the only hidden thing on the dvds.
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hey all!

I just want to chime in and say that I picked my set up at Best Buy for $42.99 and I got a free Insider issue with my purchase. Not bad if you ask me.

Anyway, I only watched ANH so far, but I plan on watching the rest tomorrow. So far, the set is incredible. The picture quality is great and since I never saw the films in widescreen before, it's like watching a whole new film.

As for Easter Eggs, the only one I've discovered is the blooper reel. It's the weakest one out of the Saga, but it's still something to check out.
  22. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    Man I am angry at GL! Why did he have to change Boba Fett's voice. He sounds horrible in ESB. Especially the scene where Boba Fett says "As you wish." when we first meet Boba Fett. errrrrrrrrr!
  23. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    While I haven't had a chance to see the "new" ESB, I knew that would be a change that I would really hate!

Though, I thought you said that Lucas could do anything he wanted to the Trilogy because it was his?
  24. Jedipete33 Jedi Master

star 3
    He can but it doesn't mean I have to like it. But other than that I like all the new changes and little touches they did to improve the movie. Like how when the emperor dies he has a bigger explosion.
  25. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I hated that change. Actually I was annoyed by several of the changes. I have a friend who was so mad, he threw the entire set into the dumpster and never went to fish it out even after he had cooled down!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.