main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Trilogy: Musical Edition at MIT!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Kaylle, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    Star Wars Trilogy: Musical Edition
    - Book and Lyrics by Rogue Shindler and Jeff Suess
    - Orchestrations by Stephen Peters
    - Based on the "Star Wars" films, "A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi" by George Lucas
    - Music based on works by John Williams, Andrew Lloyd-Webber, Stephen Sondheim, Claude-Michel Schönberg, Elton John, Frank Loesser, Cy Coleman, Danny Elfman, et al.

Imagine the original three films of the Star Wars saga re-told as a musical satire. Co-written by a member of MTG, the show combines original lyrics set to the tune of Broadway favorites to tell the tale of Luke Skywalker's first steps "into a larger world." Crooning smugglers, tapdancing stormtroopers, and Jedi ballads, Star Wars Trilogy : Musical Edition brings new comedic value and fun to Star Wars as only a musical can! Come join us in putting on a world premiere!

Some of you probably already know that MIT's Musical Theatre Guild is performing Star Wars Trilogy: Musical Edition this fall. We performed the first act, A New Hope, in January of 2003 and again at Celebration 3; this time we'll be doing the entire Original Trilogy. We also recently performed at the charity opening of the "Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit at the Museum of Science.

SWT:ME opens November 11th and runs Nov. 11th-13th and 16th-19th. If you plan on coming, you should reserve tickets now! Tickets are disappearing fast and we don't expect any to be left for purchase at the door.

We are also looking for people willing to serve on run crew, set crew and costume crew. These people would be backstage during performances helping people get armor on and off, move set pieces, keep props organized, etc. If this is something you think you'd be interested in helping with, please email sw-trilogy-dir at mit dot edu for more information.

It's shaping up to be a really great show if I do say so myself. I hope everyone who's interested gets a chance to come by and see it!

Kaylle

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    This sounds pretty interesting. I do remember hearing something about this at C3, but wasn't able to get in the show. I think I might have been waiting in lone for the bloody store. lol

I will definitely see what I am doing both of those weekends and will try to attend. Thanks for the link and update.

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You should go see this! My best friend is on the crew and just told me about this. If I weren't in Northern California I'd be there every night to cheer her on. So see it for me and tell Cristina Thomas that Bridget says "hi". :D

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Kaylle

I gave you guys some free publicity on the official site's Massachusetts board. Break a leg! :D

(For those of you who are wondering why I told them to "break a leg", I was actually wishing them well...it's the traditional way to do so in the theater.)

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Break a leg!!! Sounds like fun! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.