main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Trilogy on DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I needed some place to discuss this.
    Seeing that we are locked in here and most of us will still be here when they are released I thought I would create this thread so the house guests can discuss the DVDs also.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20040916/img/20040916_8_bg.jpg]
    This comes from the official site

I have heard about the cleaning process and the changes. I'm real excited about all of it.
    I really don't care that they are changing things.

I'm real excited that they put Empire of Dreams on the DVD. I have yet to see it.

I only wish they also added "From Star Wars to Jedi the Making of a Saga" But I'm not all too worried that they did not put it. I own that one on tape.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20040916/img/20040916_9_bg.jpg]

-Seldon

2. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    There are a lot of whiners out there complaining about saber colors and stupid things like that -- don't listen to them. These things look absolutely beautiful, especially ANH. I still don't like many of the SE changes, but to see these films with this quality should give you chills. Now I just can't wait for the HD versions.

I can't wait for my set to show up Tuesday morning.

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I agree! From what I've seen, the cleanups are beautiful. I can finally pack up the laserdisc player because the O.T. was the only reason It hasn't been in mothballs for the last several years! :D

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    The screen shots I have seen of the sabers, CGI and ghosts all look great.
    I have no complaint and can't wait till Tuesday.

-Seldon

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Some people aren't happy with Temeura Morrison revoicing Boba Fett's dialogue. And apparently Luke's lightsaber when he practices aboard the Millenium Falcon has been changed to green just for that scene. Odder and odder.

Doesn't bother me either way, my set is already winging it's way to my letterbox courtesy of the good people at EzyDVD.com.au, pre ordered for the bargain price of AU$69.95

"Shop for DVDs the Ezy way.
    EzyDVD.com.au
    Now with free postage!"

(* This post written and endorsed by EzyDVD.com.au)

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    All I know is I watched the Special Features disk today and man oh man it is beautiful. I'm so glad my dad bought the thing for hdtv for the dvd player. And moments like this make me glad I work at Blockbuster, getting the movies early.

Oh and for anyone picking their copy up on Tuesday, the bonus disc is also an XBOX demo disc where you can try out Battlefront before renting or buying it. Also if you do rent it and you rent it at Blockbuster each time you do you get enter to win a Star Wars Entertainment package which includes: Dueling Lightsabers, Star Wars Trilogy on dvd, A T-Shirt, some other stuff that I can't remember. All I know is I'm so renting the game on my boyfriends account just for a shot at winning the lightsabers.

~PK~

7. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    [image=http://images.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/cg09142004/Cloneborg.jpg]

The changes to the DVDs are really not that bad and will enhance the viewing.
    Look how clear and clean this screenshot from the DVDs is.

Looks great!

-Seldon

8. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I really like the added scene in ROTJ where George Lucas pisses on Sebastian Shaw's grave.

AYBABTU

9. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    You mean the bit with the eyebrows, or the whole "Get a good look at Hayden's hippie hairdo 8 months before ROTS comes out" thing?

I wonder if the casual fans will even notice?

10. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    It only has limited release until just before Christmas (in Australia anyway) so I doubt the majority of average viewers will even get it.

And I'm not sure about the Hayden ghost, there may end up being something in Ep3 that necessitates him being there instead of Shaw. I'll wait until Ep3 to pass judement on that scene.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I will not be buying it, mostly because of adding Hayden to ROTJ. I already have the OT on DVD thanks to a friend that coverted the laserdisks to DVD, so I'm not really missing out on much

12. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    Anybody gotten theirs yet? Mine are one a USPS truck somewhere between downtown Nashville and here.

13. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I'm going after mine during my lunch hour.

AYBABTU

14. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I think I'm supposed to get mine today...it was a pre-ordered birthday gift from Amazon, so who knows when it will show up...more interested in finding out when my Heritage cards will be shipped; that's also supposed to happen this week, but I usually get those shipment notifications the day after the package arrives.

15. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I bought it but have no time this week for it. Too much work. I saw bits of it. The new Emperor scene, the end of ROTJ and the beginning of ANH. Looks great.

-Seldon

16. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I saw TESB tonight. It confirmed my reason for loving Star Wars in the first place. Along with THX 1138 these are the best films Lucas could ever produce. A work of genius. These two movies give me such a respect for the mind of George Lucas. Contrary to what modern critics will say, he is a genius.

-Seldon

17. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I watched the Audio Coms.

Now not only do I dislike Ben for his terrible editing in AOTC, I also find him a terrible bore. Every time he began talking I would zone out. I could care less where he collected a sound. I want to hear about the damn story.

Kersh was very engaging and probably the most interesting of the speakers. GL was very insightful, I enjoyed his spider/web metaphor in ROTJ. It beats the old puppet master metaphor of Palps which has become a bit trite.

I was suprised ROTJ director was not part of it.

And finally I was thankful the computer geeks had nothing to say, they are the most boring people in the universe and the reason for why the prequel special features are so damn terrible. Who cares what they have to say? I sure don't.

-Seldon

18. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I still haven't seen the DVDs. My video store doesn't have them. My parents aren't gonna let me buy them. Ugh.

19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
  20. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Money. They're not going to waste it on movies.

21. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    I was suprised ROTJ director was not part of it.

Being dead made him difficult to book.

22. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Sorry I did not realize that. He looked like he was only in his 30s or 40s during the filming of ROTJ. I had no idea he was already dead.

Terr do you have cable? You can always use the argument that they will waste money on many channels of TV rather than spend some money on films you like.
    I don't know how much that would help.

-Seldon

23. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    Just FYI, he died in '87 of a heart attack.

24. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I'm glad you told me.
    I feel sort of bad now because while I was watching Empire of Dreams, I kept thinking "what a jerk...he can't even say anything about his own film."

I guess that clears everything up.
    What a shame that he will never see the PT.

-Seldon

25. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "What a shame that he will never see the PT."

The SW fan that was killed at Columbine is the reason I remain as spoiled as possible about the prequels...never know when some jerkoff will run a red light on you while on your way home...that's at least one less thing to be pissed off about upon my return in poltergeist form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.