main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Trilogy Radio Dramas

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediStryker, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey All,

I was curious about something. Yesterday I saw the Star Wars radio plays for sale on Amazon.com, and was considering buying them. But then I noticed that it looked like Mark Hamill was the only one to act in them.

I haven't heard them before, but I have known about them for awhile. I was wondering what you all thought of each of them? I'd really like to get them before I go on vacation next month if they're any good.

Thanks. :D

2. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    The radio dramas are great, especially Star Wars. They fill out large chunks of storyline that aren't covered in the movies, including Luke on tatooine and Leia on Alderaan, along with Leia's torture at the hands of Vader. The voice acting is good and the extra dialogue sharp.

I haven't heard the ROTJ radio play, so I can't comment, but ANH and ESB are well worth it.

3. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    That sounds good, JediBendu. I'd like to hear some more opinions, but so far I am becoming sold on getting the trilogy in their audio version. :D

4. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    Hey...The Radio Drama's Are great. They are all exceptionally performed and i enjoy them just as much, f not more than the movies (with the exception of ESB) They are a bit pricey but well worth it.

5. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I agree with the others, the radio dramas are great. In the ANH drama the scenes of Luke (Wormie) with his buddies, and Leia with her adopted father are priceless. In the ROTJ tape, Han and Leia talk about the possibitity of her saving the metal bikini. We didn't get that in the movies.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I have the first one. It's pretty good. Mark Hamiel and Anthony Daniels are both in it.

7. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I think Billy Dee does Lando in ESB or RotJ. . . or both, or neither. :p

8. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    BD Williams is in ESB, as is Hamill and Daniels. Only Daniels is in ROTJ though.

Well, I guess I'm convinced. Thanks, guys!

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Billy Dee is in first 2, correct.

This series is some of the best star wars related merchandise ever, and imho do the the movies more justince than the movies themselves.

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I like the radio dramas. I got my star wars one at a store @ Mall of America 7 years ago. I still have it. I actually got it 50% on sale. :)

Then I got Empire and ROTJ (though one of the ROTJ tapes had a small crack in the plastic case). ROTJ had "ARICA", if you know who that is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.