Tucson Star Wars Trilogy Unaltered DVD release planning

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedirevan1, Jul 24, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if there has been any type of event set up for this anywhere? I know the release date is September 12th. Just wanted to check and see if anything was or is planned for this?
  2. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Ill call around! Im sure if Joe at Gamestop gets any copies he'd want us back.
  3. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Cool! Let me know if there's anything I can do. :)
  4. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    If Gamestop doesn't get any copies you think Suncoast might be up for doing something?
  5. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Suncost is a no go 'cause you can't wear anything that hides your face in the mall.
  6. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    oh yeah, forgot about that mall rule. :(
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    we tried suncoast before.. the mall rule really did us over though.. we should check on Best Buy and Wal-Mart first. and go from there..

what we need is a team of people.. perhaps three to go from store to store and ask to speak with the manager and take along our scrapbook, and a DVD and our thoughts and convince one of them to join with us in a cooperative community effort to support something like the foodbank on the first day of selling the Set. I am up for this if anyone else is up for driving... I have had my driving privelidges revoked by the family for the time being.. and no.. I did not wreck the car, but I took a spill on the ground the other day and Jake's parents are concerned I am not healthy enough to be out driving around. I don't know that I agree.. but I do respect their feelings, so until Jake and I can get the truck fixed I have no way of getting anywhere.

please call me if you want to be a part of this team, and we can set up a day or days to do the running around town.. I am trying to get online, but with everything going on currently.. hard to get my turn on the computer.. right now as I speak, Kirby is itching for her turn.
  8. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I was talking to Cat (my first mistake! :p) and we kinda crunched the numbers, and we are possibly looking at 10 appearances from now through October! So i gotta ask, do we really want to solicit businesses for this release? My concern is this, we don't want to get burned out, and burn our Phoenix and Sierra Vista friends gas. Some of us have torn down costumes not thinking there would be another event for at least a month, and now, Michele and I have been contacted by both TMC and UMC for childrens ward visits! And we dont have the toys for it, so we'd have to do a toy drive. UMC wanted us the same week we sent out the email! As far as we figure it, if we did every appearance on the calendar (which Michele is graciously making), we'd do

DVD release
    Toy Drive
    UMC appearance
    TMC appearance
    Howloween
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Frank and I are going to Rob's B-day pary for an appearance
    Any DSG events (St Joes is this weekend butt hey only allow four people)
    Short Film Appearance at the Loft

Personally, after looking at this, Id like the extra time to work on the backdrop, and poLish up the Vader. What do you guys think?

Sorry jediRevan, Im not trying to dump on your idea, I love it, but there's just so much going on!
  9. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Its cool. The charities and kids should come first. Besides, its not like George needs our help to sell his movies. [face_laugh] Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me. I'll get with Morgan and Brian, and see what they are available for.
  10. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    we can always have a get together on this day and watch the releases at someone's house if anyone is up for doing that, even make it a working party, as far as working on backdrop or something such as that, then watching the movies after.
  11. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    I bought them on Tuesday. I didn't think they were all that great, but at least I can now say I have five different sets of the OT! But now that I watch them, I realize why everyone was so blown away by the SFX of Star Wars back in the day (when I wasn't alive). I have seen other movies that came out in that time, and they are really crappy quality compared to ANH.

On the other hand, the LEGO SW II game is INSANELY AWESOME!!!

I LOVED the first one, and this one is even better. I am HOOKED!!!

Seriously, its "good clean fun", and the whole game is just a great. There are a whole bunch of SW jokes, some of which are a little too kid-y, but there are also some pretty funny things that you can do. I seriously recommend this game to anyone that can get it fore their console. I have it for Xbox, and I could not be more impressed. I beat it pretty easy (although it might not have been that quick, seeing as how I played for like 6 hours a day the last few days), but as is the format for LEGO SW, to beat the game 100% required a lot more time. It really doesn't end.

PLUS, if you had SW Lego 1, you gan buy an extra feature in the game that lets you use the characters from number 1 that you have unlocked (I don't know if it would work with like a PS2, GameCube, etc because they don't have a Hard Drive)
  12. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    We should have two tv's set up right next to each other playing the OT and the revised editions simultaneuosly!
  13. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I just got Lego StarWarsII on the 360 (I love trade in credit..when you have no money) and its cool. I liked the first one but this one is just as great if not better. Mike tells the truth of it, good times.
  14. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course I promised Austan that I would get it for him and so far I have played it more than he has! I love the Chewie/stormmy combo! LOL!
  15. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I have a question that I can't figure out. Does anyone know how to open the door in the Cantina that looks like a Jabba face on top? I beat all the episodes, but it is still locked. I can't figure it out. If anyone has gotten in, could you PM me or something?
  16. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did anyone get these versions?
  17. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1

Yes. And the only highlight for me was Han shooting first.
  18. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    =D= Great answer [face_dancing]
  19. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1

Why thank you kind sir [deep bow] :)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby