main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Star Wars Trilogys This November!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that the original and prequel trilogy's will be released once again to dvd (not Blu-Ray) this November 4th. These will each be 6 disc sets so maybe we will get some extra features we haven't see before, like maybe the deleted scenes, or 1st offcial release of the holiday special?! Post your thoughts. pv

2. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    I seriously doubt the HS will be on there. George suposedly hates it and doesn't want it ever to be reproduced... or at least that is what I read somewhere.

I would like to see the SW. Droids series released out on DVD. It's similar to the HS cartoon only more recent. I looked up some episodes on youtube and for a saturday morning SW cartoon it wasn't too bad. Especially considering the time it was made. I know my kids would love it.

As for a 6 DVD set, that would be great. Any more info on it? Maybe I can keep any new ones away from the kids... they've litterally worn out my old set!

3. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    Cool!

I wonder what the new box set price will be?

4. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    THe sets will be $50 a piece, but Amazon already has them for preorder for only $35.00 bucks. Also, the Clone Wars AS will be hitting dvd on Nov. 18th, so November will be an expensive month. pv

5. TK-Chris

TK-Chris Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2008
    I'm pretty sure Droids came out on dvd a couple years ago, animated Ewoks too.

6. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    chris, I believe they relesed a "full length" movie based on about 4 episodes from the series on DVD from Droids. But not the entire series. but I might be mistaken...

7. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    As I've read, there are no new features, but I could be wrong, and I could really care less. I think I've seen everything there is to see that exits regarding Star Wars, a lot not released, unless Lucas pulls something completely out of his behind. And, yes, somewhere I have all the droids. But rest assured it will be up on YouTube anyway, so I say save your money unless you just want something that looks nice sitting on the shelf, which it seems to look like it will be.

BTW, the Droids DVD was 8 episodes edited together to make two features. I find any of the episodes very hard to watch today. Almost as bad as the Holiday Special. And, really, do we need a release of that? I think a high quality release would make it suck expodentially more. I don't need to see Harvey Corman in drag digitally remastered. Think about it.

Now if he put Han shooting first and made Jabba look 100 times better in Episode IV or even took that scene back out then I'd buy it.

Of course you don't want to miss Disk 6 in the new Prequel Trilogy set which includes an animated short starring Jar Jar Binks and the Gungan Quartet, blowing those stupid battle horns from Episode I. So be sure to pick that up. Yes, I'm making this up. I hope.

8. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    SM, your probably right. And I agree whole heartedly about the IV scenes. He should go back and digitally unmaster them!

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Talked to Sansweet at DC and he said this is a straight re-release with no added features whatsoever, sigh. pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.