main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Trivia

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by ondiv, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Sithspawn! It's not my fault....it's that once a minute rule!

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    yeah, I don't seem to have that problem. :D

3. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Skalen..I also do not know you, but you seem a decent person as well. As far as Handy goes, his comments toward me were unwarranted and not very nice. Its one thing to be a smart a** to be funny in general, but to be one at the expense of another member is not right. And thats what he did.

Now if you take a look above you will see I have apologized publicly for my posts in response to his; I even tried to ease the tension by commenting on his screen shots (which are quite good).The sad thing is that he responded to something I made a simple mistake on, and then tried to make me feel like a complete idiot about it, and not only that I was trying to be funny when I made the mistake in the first place.

So whatever, I apologized to him and I meant it. By the way thanks to everyone for NOT sticking up for me, but rather backing up Handyman by saying what A great guy he is. I hold no grudges on such things, and if he does not post anymore here..it is not on my back anymore.

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I don't mean to derail this anymore than what's happened, but is it possible to continue this over PM's that way we don't take away from the Trivia game.

It is meant to be a fun game that challenges everyone. I don't think anyone ment to offend anyone over something that was missunderstood. If it is possible I wish for the topic to be dropped.

Thank you

5. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Whoa... Jowebee... pal...

Go back and read my unedited responses again. I wasn't trying to make you look or feel stupid. If you took it that way, once again, I'm sorry. That was not my intenteion. :(

As Mary said, this is just a friendly game of trivia. There's nothing at stake here but fun and we don't want to loose that.

Now... Back to the last trivia question. Good job, Mary! :D

Luke actually got two blows in on Vader. Here are some images. I had to actually make screencaps of these because I couldn't find any on the Net. ;)

The first blow Luke got in was when he kicked Vader off the Carbon Freezing platform...

[image=http://www.alpinegarrison.com/images/screencaps/ESB-luke-blow1.jpg]

The second blow is where Luke hit Vader on his shoulder armor with his lightsaber while dueling on the exhaust catwalk. Here's a couple of caps in the sequence...

[image=http://www.alpinegarrison.com/images/screencaps/ESB-luke-blow2a.jpg]
    [image=http://www.alpinegarrison.com/images/screencaps/ESB-luke-blow2b.jpg]
    [image=http://www.alpinegarrison.com/images/screencaps/ESB-luke-blow2c.jpg]
    [image=http://www.alpinegarrison.com/images/screencaps/ESB-luke-blow2d.jpg]

Enjoy! :cool:

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    And here I thought she meant who struck first. That's what I consider a blow. yeah, I know my fighting styls. I'll stick to dancing with swords.

7. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Hey Handyman,

Glad you decided not to jet. I say we forget the whole thing if thats agreeable ?

Anyway, as usual nice pics..these ones are especially sweet !

8. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    I believe thats another .5 for Handyman !

9. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Jowebee wrote...
    > I say we forget the whole thing if thats agreeable ?
    Hey... No worries, mate! ;)

10. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Question # 15

How many moons circle Yavin, according to the Death Star's orbital schematic?

(sorry, I'll post the scores later, I have to run)

11. Jowebee17

Aug 16, 2003
    Interesting question.....that scene that shows the moon orbits is quite quick when played at normal speed. The question is the last remaining orbit, is that the moon they are on or the projected orbit of the Death Star ? I was always wondering about that.

But I seem to remember seeing the name Yavin IV somewhere as the name of the moon they were on.

So my guess is 4 moons.

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Mine is 8 moons. Course I'm going off of EU stuff and I'm too lazy to fast forward my videos. :D

13. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Is it seven?

14. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    I found that scene and it is 4 but what the heck, I'll say 5 anyway

15. Jedi_Angell

Feb 23, 2004
    Hey! On that Bespin Question Mary and I posted at the same time, 2:50, it's a tie! But I wanted to got to the Toshi Station and pick up some power converters.....whaaaaa!!! Come on I got stood up on Saturday, I need a pick me up.

16. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    *bends over and picks Angell up*
    How was that Riley?? ;)

Okay, sorry for not doing this earlier, but I have been soo freakin' busy this weekend, I wasn't even home yesterday :p (really, from midnight to midnight I was there a total of two hours, those being 4-6am) Jowebee got question #16 correct, and Marold got # 15. Unfortunatly since Handyman wasn't the FIRST correct answer he doesn't receive the half point for the screen shots. (Does that make sense? The half point is tacked on if you are the FIRST correct answer, you get a bonus for putting a screen shot).

So anyway, here are the current standings (I went back and counted to be sure)

Jowebee-5
    Handyman-4.5
    Jedi_Noghri-3
    Anmer_eyes-2
    Skalen_Fehl-1
    Jedi_Angell-1
    Marold-1
    Everybody else-0

The post schedule will change slightly as I am now working nights instead of days. Starting TUESDAY the question will be posted at 9am, 1pm, 10-ish pm. Depending on when I get my 'dinner' break at work is when I'll post an earlier evening one and I'll let you guys know that Tuesday morning.

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Come on I got stood up on Saturday, I need a pick me up. You were invited over here, but you didn't come. :p

18. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    On a slightly off topic note, I always wondered about this scene where Luke strikes Vader on the shoulder, but instead of Vader losing his arm or being completely sliced in half across the shoulders/chest area, mere sparks fly off. This leads me to believe that Anakin loses the same arm again, this time at the shoulder instead of just the forearm when he battled Dooku. I suppose in Ep. 3 Anakin loses a lot of appendages, which is the reason Obi-Wan Kenobi told Luke that Vader is more machine than man, twisted and evil.

Perhaps Luke "pulled a punch".

19. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Thats what I was thinking Skalen, Luke pulled the punch. But I really like your therory on Anakin losing the arm again, only higher up...

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Or he could have lost it like he lost the battle of the first Death Star and the Emperor was ticked off so he cut the whole arm off. hmmmm.

21. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    After seeing that scene frame by frame, I came to an interesting conclusion.

The way luke was swinging, he should have actually taken Vaders head clean off. In one frame Lukes saber is on top of Vaders shoulder and under the edge of his helmet. Basically resting on Vaders neck. By how fast Luke was swinging he would have had no prob decapitating Vader. However the next frame has a brilliant flash of light and luke is pulling away. But by how they have vaders shoulder armer cut, he would have just been singed across his shoulder.

Also, he did yell in pain when he was hit so I'm pretty sure he still has his upper arm.

I guess you can see exactly what I'm talking about from Handymans Pics :)

22. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Dude, you were watching it frame by frame...? We need to get you out of the house more.

23. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Wha? You are not a real geek unless you actually do watch frame by frame scenes now and again to pick something out, lol. I've done that many times. :D

24. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    um...there is a really good chance that there won't be any trivia questions on Monday. I'm working a 14 hour shift...I've asked someone to take care of the trivia and if he says yes then there will be questions at the normal times...but if not, then there won't be until tueday and you all get a day off :D

25. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I hate to be picky, but it's Amber, A-m-b-e-r.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.