Star Wars Trivia

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And the correct answer is...........An elaborste spy system set up by Palpatine using vibration-sensitive ch?hala trees that translated the vibrations into coded messages for the Imperial elite to decode. Delta Source was located in the Grand Corridor of the Presidental Palace in Imperial City on Coruscant, which links the Council chamber with the Assemblage auditorium. When Delta source was discovered, It had still been sucessfully spying on the New republic for years.

Congrats to Darth Lucanas who answered the question correctly and earns 3 Bank Points! Nice job.

Standings after Question #14

Idarii - 29.0
    DarthLucanas - 29.0
    Jeffbacca - 25.0

Bank Points: 18

2. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
  3. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Question #14: Name all the Jedi and Padawans involved in the mission on Ansion.
  4. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And the correct answer is...........Obi-Wan Kenobi and his padawan, Anakin Skywalker
    Luminara Unduli, and her padawan Barris Offee.

Congrats to Jeffbacca who answered the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #15

Idarii - 30.0
    DarthLucanas - 29.0
    Jeffbacca - 27.0

5. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Question #16: How many horns does Darth Maul have on his head?
  6. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And the correct answer is...........10

Congrats to Idarii who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #16

Idarii - 32.0
    DarthLucanas - 30.0
    Jeffbacca - 28.0

7. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    DAILY DOUBLE!

Thats it! Its DAILY DOUBLE! time!

Please PM Trivia_Dude how many points you want to wager for this question! Once all PM's are in, I will read the question. Remember, you can wager up to seven points! Good luck!

DAILY DOUBLE!
  8. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    i would have had to retire my icon if i had failed that last question...

*waits anxiously for the daily double*
  9. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Question #17: Who was the only person to beat Han Solo in a duel? Where were they born and how did they die?
  10. Trivia_Dude Jedi Padawan

One contestant has yet to reply. Hurry, you have until 9:20 PM EDT today to answer.
  11. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    To help me out in the future, if you cannot answer a question, please PM Trivia_Dude that you do not know the answer. That way the game can speed up a little, and I will know everyone has gotten a chance to see the question.
  12. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And the correct answer is...........Gallandro is a notorious gunslinger that operated in and around Corporate Sector space. He was born on the backwater colony world of Ylix. Gallandro tracked Solo down to the Tion Hegemony planet of Dellalt. There, Solo was in pursuit of an ancient treasure belonging to Xim the Despot. Gallandro accompanied Solo on this adventure. At the last moment, prior to the discovery of the hoard, Gallandro and Solo had their long promised duel. Gallandro bested Solo, injuring him in the arm. However, Gallandro was then killed by cleverly concealed automatic blasters protecting the treasure.

Idarii, your answer was: his name is gallandro. his was born on ylix, and died when a ship's anti-weapons system open fired on him.

That is correct and you wagered 7 points.

DarthLucanas your answer was:

Incorrect and you wagered 5 points.

Jeffbacca, your answer was: Han solo was defeated by Gallandro, who was born on his home planet of Ylix. Gallandro died right after the duel with Han Solo. They were on the planet of Dellalt. They were in the pursuit of an ancient treasure belonging to Xim the Despot. Gallandro was then killed right after besting Han, by a concealed trap protecting the treasure.

That is correct and you wagered 5 points.

Standings after Question #17

Idarii - 39.0
    Jeffbacca - 33.0
    DarthLucanas - 25.0

Wow! Things have really taken a turn for our players. Idarii has widened her lead with a bold wager. DarthLucanas has some ground to make up now. There are still 18 Bank Points so anyone can still win. Nice job contestants!
  13. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Due to a death of a close personal friend's family member, and I will be in South Carolina this weekend, the trivia questions will be on hold until sometime on Monday or Tuesday. I'm sorry but real life is demanding my attention for a bit.
  14. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    we understand, ed. take your time.
    you have my condolences.
  15. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Ed I am sorry to hear that news about your friend's family member ,my condolences also.

Take care if you need us buddy we are here for you.
  16. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks everyone. Though I am upset over the loss, my friend is the one that needs the kind words. So unless you object, I will pass those words on to him.
  17. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Question #17: Wierd Al Yankovic has made to parodies of popular songs in which he changed the subject matter to Star Wars. Name the two original songs he parodied, the artist that peoformed the song, and the new song name he gave it.
  18. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And the correct answer is...........American Pie by Don Mclean, renamed The Saga Begins. & Lola by The Kinks, renamed Yoda.

Congrats to Jeffbacca who was the first to answer the question correctly! Nice job.

Standings after Question #17

Idarii - 40.0
    Jeffbacca - 36.0
    DarthLucanas - 26.0

One contestant tried to tell Trivia_Dude he was mistaken in the amount of songs Weird Al had parodied. Trivia_Dude desided not to punish that contestant, instead the other two contestants were awarded an extra point.

19. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    The first to answer this next question correctly will have a shot at 5 Bank Points.
  20. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Question #19: What criteria did Vader use to determine that Luke was as powerful a Jedi as The Emperor had forseen?
  21. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for the delay, my life is going in 500 different directions right now. To the best of my abilities, I promise no more delays.

And the correct answer is...........Luke had constructed his own lightsaber, showing his skill were complete and he was indeed powerful.

Congrats to Idarii who will now play for 5 Bank points Nice job.

Standings after Question #19

Idarii - 41.0
    Jeffbacca - 36.0
    DarthLucanas - 27.0

If Idarii answers her bonus question correctly, she will have a commanding lead on the field. Good luck!
  22. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And now Idarii will play for 5 Bank Points!

Idarii, for 5 Bank Points, From whom did Leia obtain bounty hunter Boushh outfit and identity from, and where did she first use the disguise?
  23. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    i acknowledge receipt of the question ... but i wasn't sure if i was supposed to answer here or via PM, so i responded via PM.
  24. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    And the correct answer is...........Guri in Imperial City.

Congrats to Idarii who answered it correctly and earns 5 Bank Points. Nice job.

Standings after Question #19

Idarii - 46.0
    Jeffbacca - 36.0
    DarthLucanas - 27.0

Bank Points: 13
  25. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, lets use up the rest of those Bank Points! The first to answer the next question will play for 13 Bank Points!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.