main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Star Wars Trivia

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Who laid the ground work for the Rebel Alliance's military structure?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. Dark-Olsson

Dark-Olsson Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    So it seems there are some good Star Wars trivia players. But i dont think anyone of you can win over me :D

Or can you? :eek:

Join quakenet on any IRC program (like www.mirc.com), and join up in the channel #sw-trivia and play with many sw fans online with over 400 questions!

Some times are the bot down.. but mostly its on! COme! :D

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Thanks for stopping by, Dark Olson. We've got some serious trivia folks here who I'm sure will take up your friendly challenge.

4. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks, but I don't need to prove myself in the SW field. Especially if there's EU - a lot of which (thankfully) has been negated by the prequels. Also, in some of our questions, we've found there to be "no definitive answer" in some instances.

5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I will come check it out, once I get my computer up and running again at home, with a cable connection! :D

6. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Any takers?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

7. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I THINK its General Jan Dodonna, but I am not sure. I dont have time to even think straight up here right now, I am so busy. :( Thats just off the top of my head.

8. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Close but think back before A New Hope... when the Alliance was a pledge of a few brave like minded individuals.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

9. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Dodonna was still supposed to be "Imperial" when the Alliance military structure was already developed.

I wanted to say Commander Willard, but I don't think so.

Probably, going by EU, it would be that Garm Bel Iblis guy. I just never cared much for the books he was in.

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Blast. I think thats who it was.... Garm Bel Iblis.

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Even though he really doesn't "exist", yes.

12. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Nor does Luke, Han, Vader, Leia, or anyone else from the SW universe. What's your point?

13. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Lol, and I thought this was an easy one... Mon Mothma credits Bail Organa for the underlying military structure of the Rebel Alliance. ( Taken from StarWars.com )

I differ to who ever gets another question up first.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

14. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Entropy, not in film or Lucas-himself-sanctioned = not exist in SW universe, and probably already overruled by a prequel. Another example is Uncle Gundy/Bundy(?) from the Droids cartoon. Were 3PO & R2 his & his family's property or did Capt. Antilles & his successor keep the droids between trilogies?

That's why I had "exist" in quotation marks. Something from a lame Zhan novel (or worse - and yes, there are even worse ones like Crystal Star) doesn't merit the same credibility as what I've witnessed on the movie screens since the 70s.

15. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Joe-da wrote: Something from a lame Zhan novel (or worse - and yes, there are even worse ones like Crystal Star) doesn't merit the same credibility as what I've witnessed on the movie screens since the 70s.

Then by all means, don't bother reading them. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, the constant complaining and snide, condescending comments are annoying and insulting to those of us who do enjoy EU stuff.

16. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Ne jabba no badda. Like I don't have to hear anti-Jar Jar & prequel stuff.. :) But no one cares about the feelings of a wampa. I'm used to it.

That's the way it's been from school on - anyone could & would say anything to me & they expect me to just take it (not that I always did). But if I ever said anything, everyone would get offended. It got to the point where I said foo-foo it - I'm just going to say what I'm going to say anyway. So I'm still somewhat in that mentality. It's engrained in me. Sorry about that.

No, I read the post-Jedi books back then because there was no other Star Wars stuff. I'm stuck with them unless someone wants them for a low, low price...

17. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    So what you're saying is that because you feel offended by anti-Jar Jar and anti-prequel people, you feel justified to down EU people? Wouldn't it be more logical to attack the problem at its source and go after those groups instead of a completely different group of people?

Look, I'm not telling you what you can or cannot say, or that you're not entitled to your opinion. I'm just letting you know that I find the constant harping on it annoying and your obvious contempt for all things EU and the people who like it offensive. It's especially bad in this thread because it often comes off as whining because someone has posted a question that you can't answer.

To quote Rodney King, "Can't we...awwww...all just...ouch...get along...ohhh that hurt!"

18. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    only a sith deals in absolutes.

19. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Next question, por favor....

20. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Food for thought... wouldn't every movie after the release of the Original Star Wars aka A New Hope be EU as well? I mean EU stands for Expanded Universe... each movie, comic, novel, game, etc. has expanded on this universe... or is this just a semantics argument at this point? ;)

New Question: How is Qui-Gon Jinn different from other Jedi?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    He is a student of the "living Force," while the other Jedi believed in the "unifying Force?"

22. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Master Eddie-wan Kenobi is correct... you are up old friend. :)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

23. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    What sector of the Outer Rim Territories is Dagobah located?

24. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Sulis system I believe... I still wish they would have kept Yoda's arrivial on Dagobah in Sith.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

25. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Close so I'll give it to you, Lodreh. According to the Databank(Yes, I cheated) its Sluis. But close enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.