main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars TV Series and its actors -- Possibilities...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Andurias79, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andurias79

Andurias79 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2007
    First, please excuse my English I'm a little bit out of training so some awful errors might appear.

I was asking myself about an option for the actors. Beside the professionals it might be a nice idea, if some castings will be done for fans. So that some of us will have the chance to be part of the story. Of course, the characters will be small roles, but it would be fun, if some talented fans take place in the series. And it could be also a very intenational thing. From the USofA over Europe to Asia, Africa and Australia. There SW-fans all over the world. And although Lucas wants to produce most of the Series in Series some Countrys might give a new and nice landscape for outdoor scence.

What do you think about this Idea??

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't think so. Lucas will, IMO, go with a mix of established actors and mainly up and coming actors who he can hire on the cheep. ;)

If "fans" were to get any roles, they would just be as extra's.

3. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm sure the S.A.G. would be thrilled with this idea.

[face_worried]

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Lucas doesn't have much to do with the S.A.G himself though. ;)

5. Mungo

Mungo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2007
    Lucas basically told the S.A.G. to go **** themselves.

6. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    Extras don't have spoken lines... So no. Sorry. unless of course Kevin Smith gets a part or something like that.

D_M_S_L

7. Andurias79

Jun 20, 2007
    WEll, so most of you don't think that this is a possibillity...
    Ok, but may be I didn't found the right words. I DON'T think of
    minor characters that appear in more than one or two episodes.
    I Think about small roles with less than 10 scentences.
    I Don't know the english word for it in german we call it "Komparse" or "Statist"
    E.G.:Think about the typical Star Trek Scenes: A new face appeares says "hello" to Captain Picard,
    Borg attac, the new face dies.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Like a walk-on/cameo?

I agree it would be cool if there were a contest to win a walk on role or something along those lines, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. It's possible they might have an open casting call if they have a big fight scene and need extras with specific skills like certain types of martial arts, though. They did it for AotC so they could get realistic-looking extras to fight in the background of the arena scene.

9. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    [face_praying]

10. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    No. No no no no no. I love Kevin Smith, huge fan of his films. But no. Man can't act. Even if he had one line. Unless he's in a heavily made-up alien costume in the background of one scene. It'd be like when they have WWE wrestlers guest star on Smallville, it totally takes you out of the show.

11. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Precisely. I can't watch anything Kevin Smith is in and not just see Kevin Smith in a movie. He doesn't make me believe in the character he's playing. It's the same with Tom Cruise. Every movie he's in, I don't relate to the character and instead just think, hey, that's Tom Cruise onscreen.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Now that'd be cool.:D

13. Mungo

Apr 30, 2007
    He needs to play Silent Bob on the TV show. [face_laugh]

14. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I think we could theoretically see Jimmy Smits, Daniel Logan and Temuera Morrison make appearances.

15. Andurias79

Jun 20, 2007
    Yes that's exactly what I mean. walk-on/cameo... Thanks DarkLady for increasing my word power. ;)

16. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    I'd like an Angelina Jolie type to play Asajj Ventress, although no Jedi/sith will be on the show live-show prolly.

17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Cameo's by Jimmy Smits, Anthony Daniels....heck just about anybody from the movies would be cool. The timeline is between EP3-EP4 so a number of possibilities exist on that front.
    Also I think we will see jedi in some form in the series. They'll be in hiding and maybe even have hung up there lightsabers, but they'll be there in some shape or form.

18. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Now all we need to do is find someone to convince Angelina Jolie to play the part [face_devil]

19. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    I'd like an Angelina Jolie type to play Asajj Ventress, although no Jedi/sith will be on the show live-show prolly.

Im pretty sure thats not true as one of the main characters is speculated to be Quinlan Vos

20. Josue

Josue Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2007
    When will star wars TV show come out? Which will come out first? animated or live one?
    Is the Yodo on the top of this page an example of how the animated show will look?

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    The animated show will be first - Next year infact. The live action series is coming out in 2009, we think.

And yes, thats how Yoda will look in the animated series.

Have you seen the trailer for the animated series at the OS?

22. Josue

Josue Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2007
    no i haven't seen it, and still can't. Your link won't work. and, oh, i thought the aniamted series would look all kiddy cartoony, like jimmy nuetron with big hads and lttle bodies.

23. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Straight off, I think cameo roles for fans is a great idea. And the S.A.G. is not a factor, as noted above, due to Lucas' fall-out with them over his refusal to play credits up front in his movies, as the S.A.G. requires. Lucas lost out on a few good cameos for the PT because of that. Gary Oldman as Grievous comes to mind.

Second, I hope that some fresh actors lead of the new live-action series, just as Hamill and Fisher were picked for ANH. Oh, one or two stints by an established actor would be nice, like a guest appearance by Jimmy Smits as Senator or Wayne Pygram as Tarkin would be nice, and season cliff-hangers involving more central saga characters would be a fantasy come-true. But we need to know the 'in-between' story, what happened during "the dark times."

Lastly, I really, really, really think it would be incredibly ******* awesome to have Mark Hamill narrarate the opening of each epidsode as post-OT Luke, telling stories to younglings and padawans about what happened before his time, before "The Return of the Jedi." This would be a nice tip of the hat to continuity while rewarding Hamill for his Star Wars type-casting fate as a live actor (his voice career, however, has done very well).

24. Andurias79

Jun 20, 2007
    I agree with you. Only thing I hate about both the animated and the live action series is...
    that the release in Europe will be a hlaf year later than in the US. I neeeed Star Wars so badly... I hope that I can watch it by IPTV little earlier...

Mellow Greetings.

25. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    thats what illegall downloads via the internet are for :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.