main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars TV series chatter

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Post here any rumors, wishes, etc you have for the forthcoming live action TV series for Star Wars...

I just finished reading this article which states that Lucas has said that Daniel Logan (aka young Boba Fett) may be in the series. I think that would be very cool to see!

There were also rumors at CIII from things said at George Lucas' talk that this TV series would be similar to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles series. So KS and I were thinking that they might try story arcs that were the adventures of young Luke and Leia. Might be interesting. I didn't mind the YIJC, but that's probably because at the time I thought Sean Patrick Flanery was cute. :D

~Doc_Bev

2. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm actually worried about where this TV show may go! YIJC sucked I hope that the Star Wars TV show is much better.

Young Like & Leia would probably suck! I would rather see a little older 20's something story about Boba Fett.

3. JediMasterShawn

JediMasterShawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    (Sorry for the long absence. I've been and still am busy with finals and what have you. I hope to attend some meetings and events this summer, though).

Anyways, I've never seen the YIJC, though from what I've heard, I'm glad I haven't. I'll certainly watch the show, though if it deals with a young Luke or Leia, I'll be a bit turned off. Bounty hunters and Imperials will be fine for me.

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome back to the boards JMShawn! Make sure to check out our upcoming events thread to see if there's something coming up that you're able to make it to.

~Doc_Bev

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah YIJC had a few good things going for it, but after a while I lost interest and did not watch the show all the way through. I understand what they are thinking though if they do something like it. I can see that working maybe. I hope its not the same main characters though everyweek. They could have single episode stories for different people and then longer continuing stories for others maybe. They should mix it up on both sides. Even if they limit it to the time period between trilogies there is still a lot of potential there. I would love to see the beginnings of the rebellion and rebel spies and stuff, eventually.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just read this (original article)...

~Doc_Bev

About a week and a half ago I received an email stating that our articles on the upcoming Star Wars television series were now out of date due to the fact that the TV adaptation will NOT be out, or even beginning production, within a year; unlike what the first reports from Lucas had stated. We had already reported that Lucas didn't plan to go into full-blown production on Star Wars television till 2006 or 2007... but 2008?

Star Wars TV in 2008
    I find it hard to talk about films that come out in 2007 let alone TV shows that are expected in 2008, but then again we are talking about Star Wars here. After being alerted to the change of release date by 'roy', I decided to see if anybody else had reported on this but came up short. So, more hoping than anything, I decided to treat the email as an uninformed joke. However, I do have my latest issue of EW, and there is a tiny little column called 'Fever Chart', that states the same change of release date for the Star Wars series. In the 'Fever Chart', this quote is ranked second from bottom [the closer to the bottom the worse the news]:

The live-action Star Wars television series won't arrive until 2008. Rush not, George.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Was just reading this little rumor...

~Doc_Bev

Return of Han Solo?
    Posted by Filmfanzine
    Thursday 21.07.2005
    According to a scooper, the forthcoming Star Wars Tv Series may be centered around Han Solo and Chewbacca. Harrison Ford won´t return thou..

We don´t know who will play the cocky smuggler yet, but Peter Mayhew has signed to wear the gorilla costume again.

It's possible that the series will focus on the period of the Separatist invasion, when Han Solo was living on the planet Kashyyk, where he was being raised by Wookies.
    (Sounds a little like Tarzan, doesn´t it?)

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    This article didn't do anything to boost my excitement for the TV show that's for sure...

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Was just reading this interview with Sansweet via a link from rebelscum. Sansweet mentions the upcoming show and the possible CIV.

~Doc_Bev

10. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I cant access that site from work *sobs*

I dont have internet at home yet........so I guess I will have to be patient.... *sighs*

11. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Sweet article!

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Strawbary - here's some snippets from the interview that include stuff about the TV show and CIV.

~Doc_Bev

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, IL
    August 5, 2005
    Interview by Chris Spice (Darth Spice)

THE INTERVIEW
    At the Wizard World Chicago presentation from Lucasfilm, I was lucky enough to be granted an exclusive interview with Steve Sansweet on Friday morning. In the aftermath of the summer of Sith, we are all wondering, ?What is the future of Star Wars?? Steve was kind enough to give us all a little fuel for our collective fires?

So TV shows will be the medium in which fans will get their Star Wars fix?
    I would say probably not only TV but interactive through Lucasarts, online through Hyperspace. I think certainly the Expanded Universe will continue, that?s been very, very popular among our fans. Who knows what the next medium will be, perhaps when high definition discs come out, and other types of interactive games with combinations of discs with the Internet, I think we?ll be there. I think Lucasfilm has been frustrated over the years by the inability to get the whole company in one place. Lucasfilm owns one thousand acres in Marin County in Lucas Valley (not named after George) it?s very difficult to develop anything in Marin County. It took 8-10 years of process, not building, but just to get the approval to build Big Rock Ranch, which was on the property he?s owned since the mid eighties. After you go through that and you struggle with everything it takes to get something like that built in a city that was really the birthplace of movies in the U.S., not LA or Hollywood, but the Bay area. It was a vision that George had to make San Francisco the entertainment capitol of the world, as far as entertainment goes.

You mentioned the Expanded Universe, with the popularity things like NJO (New Jedi Order) and the like, is this where the television shows will be going?
    No, the TV shows will take place between Episodes II and III and deals with the period of the Clone Wars. What?s happening on other planets, politics and skullduggery and such. I think it?s going to be very much an action show, but with a good chance in a 30-minute show there will be story arcs and characterization that will fill in a period that has been talked about for so long and have only seen a little bit of. The micro series did a lot to spark interest in that area, but we will continue in a somewhat different yet exciting fashion of television.

Other than the upcoming DVD, what do we really have to look forward to?
    What would you like to see? It?s not just us going out there and putting things up, it?s more like: what would our fan base like to see? Is there something in the toy and collectible category? Is there some area that we haven?t done a lot on in the books? At some point we?ll be doing a live TV series too. As video games and technology progress, one of the most exciting things I can think of is a real VR interactive Star Wars game. It?s been started and hoping it is a direction we can continue to go.

Will there ever be another event such as CIII?
    CIII was a huge undertaking, worked on it over a year. We knew we?d get a lot of people but quite frankly I didn?t expect thirty-two thousand. I kept asking the convention center what the capacity was and they never quite answered me until that Friday afternoon of the show when the said ?maximum capacity? at which at that time we had to stop selling tickets. All that said it was a fantastic experience; I know certainly there were problems with lines at the shop that I thought we had resolved, which clearly hadn?t. I had people at the show say when are we going to have C IV? I guess there is that interest and desire, so to make the answer a little shorter we do have a 30th anniversary coming up in two years, that would be an obvious time to celebrate the entire saga. We?re looking at it very carefully right now, and we?ll see whether we have the ability, whether we think the fans are really interested in

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Newest news...

Star Wars TV Series Now Hiring
    Scribes sought for upcoming show.
    by Stax

September 15, 2005 - IGN FilmForce can exclusively report that Lucasfilm is seeking screenwriters for its planned TV series based on George Lucas' Star Wars film saga.

Keeping with Lucas' penchant for security, the show will be scripted at the bearded one's secluded Skywalker Ranch. Work will commence this January. Lucas and his colleague Rick McCallum will produce the still untitled show.

The series is slated to run 50 hours and will be a mixture of live-action and CGI. Principal photography will begin in 2007 with filming to take place in Australia.

While the show will apparently revolve around imperial bounty hunters, there could be other directions taken. The series will take place after the Empire has risen to power.

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oodles of information in this article.

Stuff about the TV series is towards the very bottom.

~Doc_Bev

15. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Great article! Also really enjoyed the info on the "Young Indy" Series coming to DVD, and (at last!) the real, definitive info on the "Ghost of Qui-Gon chats with Yoda" scene from RotS that was omitted from the film, and why...!

Starting to get jazzed about both the new animated series as well as the live action show. Can't wait!

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Lucky Brits get to watch all 6 movies on TV.

~Doc_Bev

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  18. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Spike hasn't shown Bond in ages. AMC owns it, just like Trek before that.

Hopefully for times of Thanksgiving/Christmas, they'll do marathons.

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh, really?
    I thought it was just last holiday season that had the "12 Days of Bond" with all the annoying stereotypical male programming commercials - I guess I just associate that with Spike. But, I guess I was wrong. I forgot that AMC now runs commercials now too. *sigh* I wish my TIVO was fixed so I could watch "live" TV again. I refuse to watch live TV unless I can fast forward through the commercials. :p

~Doc_Bev

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just saw this article posted over on the RS message boards - it has a little bit of news about the animated and live action series.

~Doc_Bev

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
  23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Some recent news...

the first CG-animated "Star Wars" TV series slated for 2008, a live-action "Star Wars" series in preproduction, a new video game from LucasArts tied to the 30th anniversary of "Star Wars" that will be released in fall 2007, the release of the original versions of the first three "Star Wars" films on DVD singles in the fall and a new Lego "Star Wars" video game based on the original trilogy, also scheduled for fall.

~Doc_Bev

24. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    unlocked and bumped per CR request

25. Darkside4life

Darkside4life Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2006
    Looks like it went from one Live action TV series to two TV series, one for Cable (rumors are HBO) and one for network TV. Plus a 3D animated verison that is set to take place during the clone wars.

Also I heard a rumor that Kevin Smith had aqiured the rights to produce and direct another feather film trilogy from one of the EU's books, has anyone else heard this rumor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.