main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA STAR WARS TV SERIES FILMING HERE.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Young_Kenobi, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young_Kenobi

Young_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2001
    My name is Brandon Hillock and i live in San Diego CA and i am 20 years old and can't spell for the life of me. so bring on the ridacul:)

i have been a star wars fan seens i was the ripe old age of 1. my falmily would just sit me down in front of a tv with it on and i would not talk or movie untill it was over then i would cry untill they rewand it and played it aging. Then i would just go back to siting there with my mouth open and drul coming out.

19 years later> I am an actor here in San Diego and have an agent. I have done work at the old globe theater and have acted in 3 indy films so i think i am ok at it. (But like every actor that is around the same age) i relly relly wanted the part of Anakin Skywalker. I almost movie to LA on the small 1 and 15 chance that I would get it. But we all know how that turnd out. But I think that Hayden was perfect for the role and i dont think i could have done better.

But I fond all was not lost becuse one month ago I was cast in a tv sieres pilot called Jedi Apprentice. It is a sieres baced on the past of Obi-wan Kenobi ( who by some meracel i was cast for) it starts out right when he leves the tempel at the frash age of 15 ( But with a shaved head and no facel hair i can pull off 17 mabey 16 so I guess that was enough for them. i mean padma goes from 14 to 24 beetween ep.1 and 2 and looks the same age and Luke was "17" in a new hope( But Hamill was relly 20) so there you go.) So i didn't get Anakin no, but sence i am Obi-wan Kenobi i get to kick his ass when I am older!

If anyone even relly cares about this and wants to see more let me know and i will put you on my mailing list when i take pics when I start filming in mid jan-02.
    I cant say much about the story but if you like the idea the first ep.( witch will be 1 houer and 40min. long) is baced on the first two books i think) the resin i know all this is becuse they made the big mustak of casting a FAN!( its kind of hard not to)

2. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Prove it.

3. darth_kalel

darth_kalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Dude,
    After painfully reading your post, I can?t figure out if you are suffering from mental illness or just an idiot. You have to be at least one to expect readers of TFN to believe that Lucas is filming a Star Wars TV series, in of all places, San Diego. (I love living here but, the only good show ever shot here was Simon & Simon.) The reasons this is impossible are as follows:

1. GL would never start a project like this while he was finishing AOTC.

2. GL would never do this, Period!

3. TFN would have heard rumors about this project months ago, because preparations must be made and a lot of people would have to know about it.

4. There are too many reasons to list. (Maybe others can reply with some good ones.)

It's crazy people like you who give decent hard-working, fanatical geeks like the rest of us a bad name, and make people think we're all nuts. If you're young Kenobi, I'm Simon the Killer Ewok. Good Day.

4. darth_kalel

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh, and one more thing. You obviously figured out how to use the computer. Why can't you figure out how to use spell check?

And furthermore, I did strike you down and I am more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

5. Boba_Tids

Boba_Tids Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    Given that Episode III isn't even near completion or started, I highly doubt that Lucas would be involved in the establishing of a TV series, especially about an important character like Obi Wan. Maybe a cartoon show about Ewoks or Gungans that wouldn't hurt the Star Wars name, but a Dawson's Creek meets Star Wars type show will not work. I can just see the TV show's name now:
    Kenobi's Creek
    Kenobi the Sith Slayer
    That Jedi Show

I better stop with the lame names now.

6. Prelude_Dread

Prelude_Dread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    pi·lot (plt)
    n.
    6. A television program produced as a prototype of a series being considered for adoption by a network.

You do understand that Young_Kenobi called this a PILOT. He NEVER said it was being produced by LucasFilm nor had ANYTHING to do with him. When the film is finished, like with ALL pilots (Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was piloted in the same way), it will be shown to the execs that would give it a yay or a nay to go into production. Young_Kenobi never said it already had this ok, just that it was being made and he was fortunate enough to have the contacts at LFL to be able to get it screened in front of Lucas and his exectutives.

7. Young_Kenobi

Nov 6, 2001
    I am sorry that you two are angered by my post. i never said the series is being filmed in san diego i just said that the pilot was, and I was just offering pics from the production and possibly looking for some new peeps to invite to the screening at the spreckles theater down town on broawdway.( maybe you have heard of it?)

i didn't write this post to rub it in everyones face, i just thought I'd let the san diego fans know that there is something going on in san diego that has to do with star wars.

if this makes you so mad that you feel you have to insult me and make fun of my problem with spelling then i suggest you should stay off this thread, because it's probably not very healthy for you. now i say once again if there is anyone here in san diego that WOULD like pics or a seat at the screening at the spreckles theater post here OR e-mail me and i will put you on my mailing list.

brandon hillock

p.s. on second thought, i didn't realize that you posted here, Mr. Lucas under such a screenname as Darth "Kalel" (that IS superman, right?). You're right, it's a horrible idea, they really should have run it by you first, many apologies. I guess I'm out of a job...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

8. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    lol... that was scathing!

9. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    they couldnt even do a pilot b/c GL is so anal(rightfully so) about the rights to SW. and this would have been reported somewhere first. get a life.

10. darth_kalel

Oct 23, 2001
    Hey Kenobi,
    If your one of those manic depressive kids who's gonna kill himself or shoot up a school because I was mean to you, I'm sorry. If you're involved in a fan film, that's great. We all like fan films. Just don't get lost in the fantasy of something it's not.

11. Garli Pesan

Apr 13, 2000
    Let's all remeber that most of the stuff on the internet isn't true. It's like bar talk.

12. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Also, if you are one of those kids who shoots up their high school and then kills themself....save us time and skip the school part.

13. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Damn, you guys are mean.

Really, I understand, being able to anonymously type messages on a board makes it ok for you all to be outright rude.

Learn some manners.

14. Garli Pesan

Apr 13, 2000
    I don't think anyone is being mean. I just think at this point people are wary of lies on the internet.

15. Blind-Jedi

Blind-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2001
    Lets let go of all this meaness people. Lets wait till we see it before we judge, it could turn out great.

And in regards to Brandon's spelling.....yes, he can't spell worth Bantha poo do....but hey, it's not that he didn't warn us! :)

16. Chuckles00012

Chuckles00012 Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    give him a break

17. Young_Kenobi

Nov 6, 2001
    That really sucks that most of the san diego board (males)consist of little 10 year olds who are relly relly jealous of what I am doing. I can see why you consider this a fan film, yet it's a much better idea, and is actually a much better reason to do a star wars film as opposed to "Oh, look at me! I like star wars. I am going to make a little film just like it, because I like it so much". This one has a GOOD reason to waste time and money. So you go right ahead and tell the 82+ people that are involved with this production that it is just another "Fan Film" and nothing more. I am sure thay will agree with you. I really have no reason to lie to anyone. If you chose not to believe me that is your perogative. (Am I using too big of word's for you 10 year old's out there?) So for the 3rd time If you want info about the film's progress then post here. If not then you can take you wonderful spelling ass's to another post.
    Thank you to the one that actually supports me and those who have become my friends here.

18. Kavic

Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    First of all Darth Kalel is a dick, for absolutely no reason what so ever he jumps all over Young Kenobi. You may choose not believe him but I don't see why you have to rip on him so bad. As far as lying about a TV series and GEORGE LUCAS (NOT GL)you have absolutely no way to argue your point. If you know anything about Television Pilots (See Dread's post for definition) then you would know that someone creates an idea for a TV show and films a pilot. He then takes his PILOT to all of the Major Broadcast Stations i.e. NBC, CBS, ABC, UPN whatever and they all bid for the show. To the winner goes the TV series. Now in Young Kenobi's case he is only taking it to ONE studio and they will either say sure we will make it or no get the f#@^ out of my office. Now Young Kenobi's hopes may be a little high and we all know that most likely his idea for a TV series will be denied, but this does not mean that he is a liar nor does it make his film a FAN film.

19. darth_kalel

Oct 23, 2001
    Kenobi, Maybe I was a little bit rude. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. In your first post you made what you're doing out to be some official thing that we all should get excited about. I just wanted to know if it was a Fan Film (or whatever you want to call it, but Fan Film is the generally accepted term) or if you were just crazy. I see that you are actually doing something kinda cool, now that you have totally explained what it is. In the future you should communicate more clearly. I'm sure a lot of people were who just read and don't post might have been mislead. Anyway, break a leg.

Oh, by the way, I'm not 10, and most of the other people posting are also older than that.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I can't wait to see it! :)

21. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    this is interesting.... i heard a couple months back about some kind of trilogy being filmed from the books here in sd but i dont think it has anything to do with this..... nice to see sd still slingin it out for tv shows... not much has been filmed here in awhile.... anyone thinkin about acting or makin a movie should check out the sd film comission theyll send you this big book full of rentals, lighting supply, sound equipment, everything you need really... i got last years when i was workin on one of my many short film projects.... its pretty useful when you lookin for equipment and dont know where to start....

22. Young_Kenobi

Nov 6, 2001
    Sorry kalel but I told you I can spell so what makes you think I can explane somthing. ;)
    But I do promise I will make you and everone elts here in diego prod.

Thanks value, as a matter of fact I have used the film comission to find many locations already. and yes this is the same progect that you herd of some months ago.
    We have spent alot of time in pre-prodution
    to try to make suer that it looks its best.

23. CorruptJedi

CorruptJedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2002
    hey young jedi, when you get pictures I want to see

24. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    whens the premiere? id like to check it out before the sd con.....

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah me too! Can you tell us a "little" about the plot line of the story? Or are you going to get all secretive like George Lucas about it? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.