main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars TV series: FROM THE ADVENTURES OF YOUNG LUKE SKYWALKER!?!?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cappy97

Cappy97 Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    From what I gathered, it's just on the 20 year period between E3 and E4 not necessarily the first 20 years of Luke's life. I think it would most likely focus on Darth Vader and the Emperor building the Empire. To me, that would be interesting considering all the different types of characters that could come into play...

2. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    He could just be giving a spoiler for one of the plots about Luke's shoes. "I hate sand. Its rough, course and gets everywhere"

3. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    (Music and opening crawl)

STAR WARS-THE TV SHOW!

We join our hero, the young Luke Skywalker, on the planet Tatooine. After over 80 episodes of bargaining with jawas, flying aimlessly along Beggar's Canyon, and getting yelled at by Uncle Owen, our hero has finally embarked on the journey of a lifetime! He is attempting to make the hard journey to Tasche station to pick up the coveted power converters! Without these converters our hero will...somehow be as bored as we the audience are....

(Fade to show)

Doesn't sound like a great concept to me. Although I interpret the interview to mean that the show will merely take place during the years Luke is growing up on Tatooine, and not necessarily focusing on him. That seems to be the general belief (or at least hope)that I have read. Still...without Luke as a subject how are we going to answer the age old question of what life is really like for a moisture farmer on Tatooine.... Something to think about.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'd feel better if I could see the exact quote, but yeah, I think whoever said that just meant that it's about the 20 years during which Luke was growing up. First of all, to the average reader, that alone is probably new information; second, to Lucas, that's pretty much the only thing happening in that period. We here on the Literature boards just have a different perspective than, you know, the "normals". :)

5. AnakinsGirl

AnakinsGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    Haha. The "normals". They have no idea what's really going on.

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Why the caps title, Charlemagne?

Knowing Aust, we'll get it at some late night time slot, like all the other "lesser" fantasy programs.

Guri forbid they break up the police, med and legal dramas. Should have made it CSI: Skywalker.

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    CSI: Mos Eisley would be a fun show. CSI: Coco District.

Anyway, I really doubt they'd give a Star Wars show a crappy time slot. It'll probably be on at 8:00, because A) the kiddies would want to watch it and B) It's Star Wars, which means it's lucrative as hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.