main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Star Wars TV series - If its true, what era would you like to see it in?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, Apr 30, 2004.

?

Star Wars TV series - If its true, what era would you like to see it in?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Between TPM and AOTC and about Anakin growing up training as a Jedi

9.1%
  2. Between ANH and ESB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Between ESB and ROTJ; kind of a shadows of the Empire thing

9.1%
  4. NJO post saga series

18.2%
  5. Other

63.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    ^^^obvious dig at the Star Trek series'

Hum-bug...Sci-Fi on TV has come along way. I can just see Chris Carter (X-files) writing really creepy stories involving the "seedier" side of SW, as VelvetDragon put it.

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I've heard rumor that it is betwen the trilogies and deals with the Empire and the hunt for the Jedi, but that mainline characters like Tarkin and Vader will either not be in it at all or only very rarely and only if the story really calls for it.

The rumor goes like this:
    It is a time of desolation, yet a time of rebuilding. The Jedi have all but been vanquished and the Empire has been born.
    This is the story of what happens between the Star Wars trilogies.
    With new characters and places to be seen and discovered, the Star Wars galaxy continues to grow.
    Follow the exploits of amazing new heroes and villians alike, in this all new, live action series based on the Star Wars movies.

Okay, so that's from a well known site, but I don't know how true it is, so I don't want to "out" them if their wrong. But it does follow along with what alot of us want to see. (Maybe too much, and it's some fanboys dream-yeah, I'm one too so I can say that)

-Sal

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Actually, a series to bridge the trilogies isn't a bad idea. Especially if they keep the main characters such as Vader and Tarkin as fringe characters that only show up once in a blue moon. The only problem I see with the series is... well, I simply have little faith that they can execute it. If they want to make it a strongly written series, they really need to bring someone in that knows how to make good episodic television. The other thing is they should probably do a 13 episode season like most cable shows do. Maybe then they can keep the writing tight as well as give it string enough production values.

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Sal,

I have heard those same rumors and I really hope they are true. I'm having difficulty keeping rumors and confirmation straight at this point but at least part of that has been confirmed.

I think the series will go over extremely well and even the trekkies will be watching it. But I can only hope that it is well written and in a serious tone i.e. no Jar Jar.

New characters are fine but I'll beg the writers to make at least one of them a Trandoshan.

5. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    You love your Trandoshans. :)

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Much as I love SW, given their track record with TV... the plotlines... *shudder*

Maybe I'll volunteer to write scripts. For free. Just because...

7. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Actually, from what I hear, Lucas is going to put that "10,000 monkeys on 10,000 typewriters" theory to the test.

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Renata, I too would volunteer to be a writer for the series. In fact I've been contemplating (for about two years now) writing a SW novel as soon as Episode III comes out. Naturally it would be about a wannabe Sith Lord that the Emperor used to track down and kill Jedi and also to test Vader's strength and loyalty, and his name was... Darth Stalker.

The only reason I've waited is I need to know what happens to certain people in Ep III before I write 18 chapters thatr would be made obsolete because of a scene in the movie and have all that time and effort completely wasted.

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I hear ya Stalker. There's going to plenty of fanfics after EPIII.

I've already got a story plotted out, but am too waiting to see what transpires.

Mine deals with an unlikely pairing. An Ithorian Jedi Master and a female Twi' Lek Bounty Hunter/Assasin.

The characters are actually me (the Ithorian) and my finaceé (the Twi'Lek) as we perceive our selves to be within the SW galaxy.

She's even given me some ideas on the story. (It's great to have a lady who enjoys the same or similar things as you do!)

Besides she collects X-Men figs, Muppets and Simpsons, so she completely understands my SW toy addiction... er Hobby, yeah that's it, Hobby...

-Sal

10. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    This is kind of why I'm not crazy about the idea of a TV series - all our imaginations are much better than anyone who'd actually write the show, and we all have our own ideas about what will happen. Sometimes, it's best just to leave things alone.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'm inclined to agree with you. As much as I want to see SW endure on either the big or small screen, if not done right, it's going to go down the tubes really fast.

Rather end it than have a mockery of it "running" about.

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    NJO...I want to see the Yuuzhan Vong

13. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    :mad: @ Stalker

It's TREKKERS...

14. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    /\ yes dear, whatever your people want to call themselves. It could be Trekologists for all I care :p

15. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I would like to see a TV series (maybe in the style of "Young Indy" TV movies) that focused on the era between Episode III and ANH. Show the Rebellion in it's early days...and why a few of the Imperial leaders felt they were a legitimate threat.

Could you see them casting extras...from groups like 501st and Rebel Legion? Many of them have costumes that rival movie quality as it is...talk about reality TV!!!

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I highly doubt they would cast from the 501st and Rebel Legion, nice pipe dream though! [face_laugh]

Hollywood is run by unions, and they would have to use union people only in a TV Series.

17. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Now, if everyone could run out and get a SAG card....

18. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Chances are it wouldn't be filmed here anyway...probably in Canada. Cheaper there...

19. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Okay, if this is going to be between Eps. III and IV, I guess it won't be "Rogue Squadron" (although maybe if this series is a hit, we're talking SPIN-OFF and we'll get Rogue Squadron.)

Here's something to contemplate.......

"The Young Han Solo Chronicles" :D

* See Han Solo at the Imperial Naval Academy!

* Find out how he gets his Correllian Bloodstripe!

* Watch as Han risks it all to free Chewie!

* Smile as Han beats Lando at a hand of Sabaac to with the Falcon!

Okay, so maybe none of this will be in it, but Lucas has forbid anyone else from portraying in EU work anything to do with Han's parents, most of Han's time at the Naval Academy and his rescue of Chewie. I thought that he was saving those things for Ep. III, but maybe some of that will pop up in this new series.

I'd still rather have "Rogue Squadron," but I guess this series would have potential if Vader, Chewie and Tarkin (as played by James "Spike" Marsters?) make occasional appearances. I just hope that they don't have too many Jedi types running around like in so many of the fanfilms. They better give us a good chunk of the new, fledgling Rebel Allicance as well as smugglers and spies, too! Throw in some EU characters from that era (Thrawn, Hal Horn, Talon Karrde, Prince Xizor, etc.) and they'll be in good shape.

I still think they need to get Mike Stackpole and Timothy Zahn to Exec. Produce the series......

20. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    "Tarkin (as played by James "Spike" Marsters?"

Now that isn't a bad idea, isn't Angel going off the air anyway!?!

I highly doubt there would be a Young Han Solo series eventhough you did make it sound interesting.

I still wish it would be animated.

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, Angel dies next week....Not him, the TV series. well maybe him. I have been keeping myself away from Angel spoilers.

It was rumored last year that Marsters was going to play Tarkin in EPIII, though that was quickly disspelled.

Too bad. He would have made a good one. IMHO

I could see him taking the part for a TV show.

And VERY good idea for a "Young Han Solo series" (that's why it won't get done...sigh) So who could be cast in the part of Solo and later Lando?

Jamie Foxx would be my pick for Lando.

I can't think of one person that could do justice to the role of young Han though.

-Sal

22. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, only River Phoenix could have pulled that off, but sadly he's gone.

Wait, how about Hyde from That 70's Show??? He's got the perfect attitude to be Han.

23. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Zar...since when has it been Trekkers???

Even at the convention that I was at...it was Trekkies.

I believe that the best Han would be Harrison Ford. :p

Especially in an NJO era TV show.

24. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ We have a better chance at seeing Jedi-Satimber's bare naked ass exposed at the Picnic than we do having an NJO TV series. ;)

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    how do you figure that Jeff?

I show no one my arse, except the doctor and my female lovers. That's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.