main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars TV Series in 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    if they could pull off the same level of detail they had with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and maybe even more, that idea may work. at the very least, youd be leaving the possibility for voicework from OT actors without astronomical requests for salary...in theory anyway...

2. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    The new tv show should be artoo and threepio sharing an apartment and call it the droid couple. Force ghosts will make cameos occasionally. Frank Oz will play their mean landlord, and Mark Hammil will be the building's janitor.

3. jedijcm

jedijcm Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    i thought theforce.net said they would have more info this week but it looks like we wont

4. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    A Star Wars T.V. series? All I can say is it's about time! With all the crap on T.V. these days I need something worth looking at. And Star Wars is definitely something worth looking at. Let's see, if they're doing I series, I'm hoping it will be live-action and set between Ep3 and Ep4 or set after RotJ. Here's my plan:

If the series is set between Ep3 and ep4, you can either focus on Vader and his crew or focus on the beginning of the rebellion through the eyes of a rebel soldier( maybe around the age of 20, 25, or 28). If the series is set after RotJ, I say you do a series revolving around the NJO. The NJO is a big thing right now, so if they do something after RotJ, this would be the best bet. Now here's the plan, since the Solos and Skywalkers storylines and adventures are described in the books, focus the show on the adventures of a jedi master( around the age 30, 32, or something) and his apprentice that didn't appear in the books. They can eventually have the Skywalkers and Solos appear but only on a few episodes. There were alot of things happening all across the galaxy in that series so this might work.

Either way, I'm finally glad that Star Wars might finally appear on T.V. Finally T.V. will be worth looking at again.

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    my thread is cool

6. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I think it can work. We have or had (in disgust for SCIFI) Farscape which was a great show. I have heard the rumors that Wayne Pygram who played Scorpius was gouing to be Tarkin in Episode III. He could also play him in the series. (Unless Farscape comes back for more than just a miniseries). Pygram would be perfect as Tarkin.

7. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I can't wait to see how this turns out. I am so excited to find out.

8. mafiaman

mafiaman Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2004
    I wanna see the series pre-EP1

even better starting around the time of Exar-Kun.

the first struggles of Jedi Vs Sith order

9. DarthBullGates

DarthBullGates Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Star Wars end up like Star Trek???

You mean with beautiful big chested women like Jeri Ryan and Jolene Blalock instead of flatchested ones like Carrie Fisher and Natalie Portman? Why would tv cause that?

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL. I too don't know if the star trek "planet / crisis of the week" scenario would work as well as a continuing story arc type series.

Maybe it could follow x-files lead (and the clone wars cartoon to a certan extent), and have a balance of standalone stories with a continuing story arc.

11. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    Personally, I think the show should be animated, Clone Wars-style. Do stories in the "Tales" sense-one or two-episode stories from all times and plaaces in the star wars galaxy. That's what I wanna see. If it is for sure live-action, I just hope they do it without the lameness of just about any SciFi series I've ever seen. SciFi sucks on TV. Hopefully Star Wars can up the par.

12. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm not to sure about a TV series. I don't know if it would be good or bad.

13. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I'm thinking either do something along the lines of being based off a Imperial warship during the period before Episode 4r, maybe with a Jedi hunter of some sort, and giving us the Imperial point of view of the battle. Or they could go back and mine the Exar Kun era for some really heavy sci-fantasy storylines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.