main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Twelfth Night Or, What You Will

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zedd-Vega, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/sw/nmp2.png]

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?.

Twelfth Night Or, What You Will

?If music be the food of love, play on;?

That is how Shakespeare?s play ?Twelfth Night? begins. However a science fiction-like take will be made here today and in the coming weeks as this game comes to fruition and combines both elements of Shakespeare and Star Wars into a fantastic and epic roleplaying experience. The game itself will require discipline, and while the games duration will be relatively short lived, I hope it will prove to be a fun experience for those involved. I as game master and ?director? of this play (or roleplay if you prefer) will attempt to make the game as fun as possible for the players while giving them freedom with their characters while staying somewhat strictly to the story of Twelfth Night.

I have been gone on quite a long hiatus, and I am aware that new players must have emerged within the RPF so let me make this clear to all of you: characters will be chosen on an AUDITION BASIS. For those of you who don?t know this already, in a more simple and robust manner that means PM YOUR CHARACTER SHEETS TO ME FOR APPROVAL. Those of you who choose to post your characters will not only be denied any participation within the game, but you will be laughed and scoffed at as you won?t know what part would be suited to your character (nor will you ever know, I?ll just ignore the fact you posted a sheet and so will the accepted players :p)

As far as auditions go, not everyone will be approved. Even more so, don?t think you?re going to try for a part and get that part (you may end up getting the part you want), however I may see something interesting in your character and place you in another role. Don?t get upset and whine about it, just understand that it?s a game, and whatever the GM says (that?s moi) goes.

[i][u][b]THE AUDITION PROCESS[/b][/u][/i]

Listen and listen closely my roleplaying thespians: the process is relatively simple and comes in two parts.

Part one suggests that you supply yourself with a filled out character sheet as follows:
    [blockquote][b]Character Name, Age, Gender, Species, Division, and whether or not you are Force sensitive[/b][/blockquote]
    And send the sheet to me immediately via PM. Do not add or subtract any details from the sheet, that includes biographies and the like. The point of roleplaying is to run through a characters current life, not dwell on their pasts. For those who aren?t as attuned to this basic sheet as many would hope, here?s an explanation:
    [blockquote][i]Character Name[/I] - Your character?s full name. It will take the place of the character within the play that I set you to be. If your character is chosen to play Sir Toby Belch, then you would then be Sir (Insert Character Name here)

[I]Age[/I] - Relatively important and unimportant at the same time. You can be young sure, but those who play 13 year olds are likely to not be chosen to play the Count or Malvolio. Those who are ancient and decrepit are probably not going to be chosen for the part of Viola/Cesario either. Unless of course your species dictates that your age is that of an adult of your species, then it?s absolutely fine. See? Important and unimportant.

[I]Gender[/I] - In regards to a play that sports some gender confusion (especially in the case of Viola/Cesario), gender [I][u]is[/u][/I] important. Orsino is a man, Olivia is a woman, Malvolio a man, etc. I expect to see a diverse bunch of characters in terms of gender and not just the stereotypical ?all-male? dramatis personae. As much as I wouldn?t mind it as Shakespeare surely didn?t, I don?t think any ?slash? roleplaying would be accepted by players or moderators.

[I]Species[/I] - This isn?t as important as one would think, but still people tend to play hu

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ZEDD ASSIGNED/APPROVED

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

ORSINO
    SEBASTIAN
    ANTONIO - Trimaj
    VALENTINE
    CURIO
    SIR TOBY BELCH
    SIR ANDREW AGUECHEEK
    MALVOLIO
    FABIAN
    FESTE
    OLIVIA
    VIOLA
    MARIA

ANTONIO

Character Name - Riddley Xantera
    Age - 37
    Gender - Male
    Species - Defel
    Division - Smuggler Attendant/First Mate
    Force Sensitivity - Nope

:snoopy

3. DarthAnakin101

DarthAnakin101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    ZEDD ASSIGNED/APPROVED

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

ORSINO
    SEBASTIAN-DarthAnakin101
    ANTONIO - Trimaj
    VALENTINE
    CURIO
    SIR TOBY BELCH
    SIR ANDREW AGUECHEEK
    MALVOLIO
    FABIAN
    FESTE
    OLIVIA
    VIOLA
    MARIA

Sebastian

Character Name - Tyune Sunkiller
    Age - 24
    Gender - Male
    Species - Human
    Division - Jedi Knight, without an apprentice
    Force Sensitivity - Yes

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    ATTENTION ALL WHO HAVE SENT IN CHARACTER SHEETS:

I need my potential players to forgive me, as in my hectic schedule I have lost track of the character sheets that had been sent in to me as well as the scenes I had planned for said characters. As such, I would like to ask you kindly to resubmit your sheets if I have not yet approved one, and if I have approved it, please post it ASAP! I will be working with auditions all weekend, and if you have need to contact me I will be online and available to be PMed.

Again, I ask forgiveness in being so careless with the character sheets, and hope this will not derail the work we've put into this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.