main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars UK Magazine - NEW ISSUE ***ROTS SPOILER ALERT!! ***

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by WookieeClash, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieeClash

WookieeClash Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    WARNING!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!

The new issue of the UK Star Wars Magazine (Sept/Oct #52) has just got through my letter box and its pretty cool this time!! The best thing is that it came with an art print from REVENGE OF THE SITH!! Its of a production painting by Ryan Church of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker with lightsabers ignighted in some kind of generator tunnel part filled with water. There are some electricity pylons with electricity bolts and some holes with water pouring out of the curved walls. Interesting thing is that one Jedi is holding a GREEN saber, I thought they both had blue (its impossible to tell which Jedi is which though). I think this was a free gift as a member of the UK Fan Club, so it wont be with the shop issues, best to subscibe I guess (you do get some good things). The A5 size card is labeled 'art card 1 - Connections Series #1' so we will be getting more. The reverse side has an old image of Vader and Obi-Wan from A New Hope battling on the Death Star.

Inside the 100 page main magazine are some cool new photos from Revenge of the Sith. I have not seen any images from the last American Insider magazine so I cant say if any are never before seen, but they are very cool.

- Mas Amedda leading a group of Red Guards out of Palpatines shuttle.
    - Ani and Padme kissing.
    - Obi kicking Ani off a platform.
    - Several images of the new Jedi Starfighter: one grey/yellow like from the preview game card, one red/white like the Ep2 one, and the other one grey with green paint work and white wings and red stripe (with R2 hitching a ride, must be Anakins?).
    - Bail, Obi, Yoda at table on the Tantive IV.
    - Palps locked in chair with Obi, Ani.
    - Wookiee 'team shot'.
    - Tion Medon with Lucas on set.
    - Ani on the Tantive IV (same door as the one Vader came through in ANH).
    - Junk with a crew member.
    - Obi, Ani, clapper loader man on set.

Most of the mag is obviously dedicated to the new Original Trilogy DVDs but there are tons of other features to do with Keira Knightley, the Expanded Universe books, and other stuff most likely to allready have graced the pages of the US Insider.

The downside is the magazine is £4.99. Whether or not this price is permenent or just because the issue is special is unknown. Overall though it looks like this is the best issue they have made yet, and is well worth buying. The magazine should be in the shops on September 2 , thats NOW.

Yoshee Edit: Changed title, just to be on the safe side. For future reference, can people please be sure to put SPOILER alerts in thread titles.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Its all on the OS anyway

But I'll still get the Mag anyway

3. Cheeky-Beak

Cheeky-Beak Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    WookieeClash

Get the insider from the US . You then get the pic's 2 months earlier (+ a lot more than the UK version) . Various oulets have the insider , if you ask . I know of a couple in Manchester alone .

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "Get the insider from the US . You then get the pic's 2 months earlier (+ a lot more than the UK version) ."

Not to mention the exact same interviews that's in the UK version...

Borders is a good place to get it from (Well, the one in Birmingham is, at least).

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I know Forbidden Planet has them both

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.