FF:WA Star Wars : Ultimate Edition. Fact or Rumour?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Or all four versions maybe. The original original, the digitally remastered, the added scenes, and the tie-in version (if it's still a go-ahead)
  2. Clone_Magician Jedi Youngling

I myself don't see the diff between "original original" and the digitally remastered, there's no new footage between the two, and the only diff is sharper picture, and 5.1 digital sound.
    The videos were first released as pan & scan shortly after each film came out, well, a few years in the case of the first one, and in 1995 the THX versions came out, the only difference being that it was the first time in Australia that they were offered in the widescreen format, and with the THX spit & polish on the picture & sound.
    So really, if say the club was going to do a petition, I think the concentratiuon should be on the original versions with digital 5.1 sound, I can't ever see them ever again being put out with only 2 channel stereo sound as per the original theatrical releases.

Besides, I have surround speakers and a subwoofer, and I like to get use out of them :p
  3. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Point taken... :p
    I think the point I was trying to get across is that there are many versions of it, and just one of them shouldn't be released. If you're a decent person, you'd let the fans choose. But we all know that Georgy-boy doesn't listen to the fans.
  4. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh well he sure cut Jarjars screen time back in a big way for Ep2 :)
  5. Clone_Magician Jedi Youngling

6. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Well after the huge stink everyone kicked up about Jarjar, he still made an appearance, but in a much reduced capacity.
    If noone had complained, how much more of Jarjar would we have seen?
  7. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think he would of had much more screen time anyway, unless people actually requested it.

I don't really see anywhere in the film that he could have made any difference.
  8. Dingbat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I always thought the whole Jango/Boba Fett in Episode II thing was a bit of a reaction to Boba's popularity from the originals.
  9. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    From what I read in Empire Magazine, George didn't take out N'SYNC because of the fans, and he didn't reduce Jar Jar's screen time because of the fans. He couldn't put N'SYNC in because of some contract or something like that, and Jar Jar was meant to have a smaller part in this movie anyway.

Anyway, I was looking for the article I read that in, but couldn't find it, but I did find these...
  10. koRn_flakes Jedi Padawan

I thought Jango and Bobba fett were only in it cos of Bobba's popularity but I reckon they were alway's in it like that (back when he wrote then plan for the series he wanted) it is explaining why Bobba really want's to stop the Jedi order from ever getting power or wateva back........

The worst parts about special editions, Greedo and the freaking singing in Jedi, it looks ssoo cartoony, and an overall lame piece of music newayz
  11. Chilli Jedi Padawan

totally agree...

anyways... back to the topic...
    they may be making it now... apparently natalie portman is gonna be in Jedi.

That would realy suck.
  12. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    What are they going to do?? Add her in at the end with Yoda and Obi-Wan and Anakin???
  13. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Why does she have to be dead?
  14. koRn_flakes Jedi Padawan

i dun want to see N. Portman made to look old.....

the connections that these new scenes bring about better be REALLY smart(maybee unexpected, without changing, the story or wateva too much) or else they'll suck......

hhhmmppfff......

'don't make me bitch slap u George'
    j/k
  15. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Could it really survive with Padme running up saying "Surprise kids.. It's your Mommy"?? :eek:
  16. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't like the idea of Natalie being old in ROTJ. They should leave it the way it is or maybe kill her off in Episode 3.
  17. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    This website has an online petition to release BOTH versions of the Star Wars Trilogy on the Ultimate Star Wars DVD set. I think it would be better to have both version on the DVD's so you could choose which version you would like to view. I did enjoy the Special Editions more though except the Greedo shooting first scene.
  18. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    It's actually a petition to get the original version and the special edition version released, not the ultimate edition. Here's what they want...

We, the Star Wars fan community, hereby demand that the upcoming DVD editions of the Trilogy contain BOTH the Original Cinematic editions and the Special Editions.

In addition, if there is space, we suggest that fans of the Trilogy be able to see the following extra features included on the discs:

- deleted scenes from the films (including those in the "Holiday Special"
    and included on the "Behind The Magic" CD-ROM,)
    - trailers for both editions of the film
    - audio commentaries
    - "Making Of" features such as :
    - 1977 : The Making Of Star Wars
    - 1983 : Classic Creatures
    - 1983 : The Making Of A Saga
    - "Making The Special Edition" features as seen on the VHS editions
    - Test Special Effects shots
    - Screen tests with Kurt Russell, Terri Nun, and others
    - R2D2 Anti-Smoking Commercial shown in cinemas
    - Other Footage such as the Holiday Special, if this is possible
  19. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Asking George Lucas to include the holiday special will certainly make all the other requests seem a lot more reasonable. He's not exactly fond of that. :D
  20. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been going through the archives on Empire Online (the UK version of Empire magazine) and I found an interview with George about the amnesia R2 and C3PO have (no recollection of Skywalker etc) and right at the end of it they have a little snippet about Amidala being in one of the original trilogy...

If you count this as spoilers, don't read on... If you don't care, scroll down a bit... :D I'll also post a link to the article at the bottom, it has minor spoilers in it, but stuff that everyone has figured out already anyway... On with the article...

"Another nugget of news carefully extracted from the halls of Lucasfilm was that Natalie Portman will be contributing to additional scenes for the original trilogy. Apparently, while shooting Episode III, Lucas will be leading Portman off to shoot some footage for Return of The Jedi, which will make its appearance on the eventual DVD release. The fact that Padme is supposed to have died long before the events in Episode IV is surely not lost on Lucas so the possibility of misty-eyed flashbacks can't be ruled out."

You can read the full article here
  21. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I know the petition is about getting both the original version and the special edition version released on the one DVD set Fallen Angel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.