main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Star Wars Ultimate Edition?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Seems that there are rumors floating around that there is going to be an ultimate edition of Star Wars after Ep 3 comes out. Listed are some things that are going to be changed/happen, and others are still just rumor. Thing is to figure out which is which.

Here they are so you can decide for yourselves...

[b]Episode IV: A New Hope[/b]

01. The Imperial March has been added to Darth Vader's first appearance on Princess Leia's ship.

02. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's Theme plays in the background and then it turns into the Imperial March as he talks about Vader.

03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.

04. There's a new scene which has been shot during the filming of Episode III in which the Emperor dissolves the Senate.

05. In the Cantina, the Duros (green aliens guys) have been replaced with Neimoidians and some aliens from the prequels have been added.

06. The bleeding arm on the floor in the Cantina has been replaced with a non-bleeding arm because it's now canon that lightsabers cauterize wounds.

07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored.

08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.

09. In place of R2 wobbling down the stairs to the Falcon's hangar, a CG R2 navigating the stairs like he does in Attack of the Clones was added.

10. The white boxes around space ships have been removed and new CG shots have been added.

11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.

12. When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well.

13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.

14. The Death Star's paneling and computers have been slightly altered to show similar displays to those in the prequels.

15. The words "Tractor Beam" with Aurebesh lettering.

16. More stormtroopers have been added to the Death Star.

17. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.

18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.

19. The Death Star plans that are taken from R2 have been updated. When the Rebels are reviewing the Death Star plans they look similar to the plans we see in Attack of the Clones.

20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.

21. There's a new scene (shot during Episode III) where Darth Vader goes to Coruscant and lands his ship in the same building Count Dooku does at the end of
    Attack of the Clones. Except now the building is all fixed up and it is now Palpatine's palace. He meets with Palpatine to ask for forgiveness for his failure and inform him of a new potential who is strong
    in the Force.

22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.

[b]Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back[/b]

01. The taun-tauns are now CG.

02. The battle of Hoth is much more epic. We see the Imperial ships land on Hoth and release AT-ATs. The AT-ATs have been sped up a bit. There's a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers featuring new ships and vehicles.

03. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for the older Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.

04. The white boxes around space ships have been removed.

05. The slug monster is CG.

06. Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor. The conversations between Vader and Palpatine is now longer and features a few connections to the prequels.

07. Yoda's face is now animated in CG allowing more expression of emotions yet his movements remain the same. Also two de

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I just hope they offer both the original/unedited version along with the newly remastered CGI version. A 6-disk Star Wars box set! *wipes drool from face*

3. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I don't really agree with a lot of this and some of it sounds ridiculous. Why would George completely change Star Wars. All I want is the original trilogy in it's original version the way it was meant to be seen. I don't like the fact that George has to do everything in CG. I read some news on fanforce awhile back that said they had enhanced the lightsaber's in the battle between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in a new hope. I think they made them brighter and enhanced the glow around the lightsaber's.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, that's George for ya. For example, why would he have Greedo first?? He not only ruined Han's reputation as a pirate/smuggler, but the special effect of it is just horrible. If he had any sense at all, he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I think that after ESB, there was only one thing on GL's mind... money to made with merchandising (re: Ewoks)

5. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I just found out yesterday on the holonet news that they had a interveiw with George Lucas. If you go on there they give you a link to the interveiw but they had a small portion of it to read. George denied that they were coming out with a Star Wars ultimate edition. When I read this I was releived that they weren't going to change Star Wars. He also denied that they were going to do episode's 7-9. He also stated that the bad acting in episode 2 was done on purpose for the style. I had to laugh when I heard this. Those were just a couple of things he talked about. They have had several stories about the original trilogy coming out in 2004 and they're from a very good source. It's supposed to come out next September and I really hope it's the original version and not the special edition.

6. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    OK, I been following this thread for a few days now and kept quiet. So, here's the scoop that I know:

1) George denying any Ultimate Edition is crap. Plain and simple. He actually displayed a version to a group of people recently (i forget where) but he *IS* making one. One with all the stuff listed above? No. (whew!) DJ's news about the lightsabers being redone is true. George also changed the scene where Luke is staring at the sunset. Now instead of 2 suns in the sky, one is sinking below the horizon and he addeed some clouds to the sky too. (Yuck.)

Anything else right now is just rumour and ALL the stuff John listed is being hyped by ONE person who is sending this fabricated list to every online news source hoping to have his 5 minutes of fame. (on the Net, you get 5 minutes, not 15, ever notice that?)

Now, there IS a Star Wars DVD coming out next September from what I heard. And, much to ALL our dismay and horror and childhood dreams, George "I rape my own films and claim they're supposed to be butchered classics" Lucas is going to release the Special "Olympic" Editions (anyone figure out I hate the Special Editions yet? :p) just like he said he would earlier this year. Hopefully our voices will be heard and he'll release a limited edition "Original release" DVD set that we grew up with. I happen to prefer the flaws of the original film.

Hey, George! If you wanna make a film better, digitally replace every actor who plays Anakin Skywalker with a REAL actor! Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christenson (or whatever his name is) suck!

OK. I'm done for now. Breath! Whew! Wow, I'm better now. really!

8-D

-Cephas

7. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I second Cephas.

Good Day....

8. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    John, if what you are saying is true, (you guys are all going to hate me for this) HALLELUIAH! I know you guys don't like most of this stuff but most of it sounds like great additions. What's the deal withthe removal of the white boxes? Probably has to do with the hand-removalism that runs rampant throughout the movies. One thing they shouldn't do is the duel of the fates during the Obi-Wan/ Vader fight in Ep 4. That had kind of a French Connection-like feel to it and that should be kept the same.

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    When I saw the list myself, I agreed with some of the things that were listed, and thought it might make the originals a bit more visually cool. But like Cephas I've learned that everything that comes out of George's mouth you have to take with a grain of salt. Why? I think it all started back when he began filming on the Phantom Menace, when asked if he was going to do Ep 7-9, he DENIED that there ever was a planned 7-9! Lucky for me that I kept some of the magazines that came out in the late 70's and early 80's where GL himself states that SW is a NINE episode story! LIAR! :mad:

On a brighter note, nice to see you posting again Andrew! Welcome aboard!! :)

10. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Sorry I have been silent lately. I just haven't gotten around to smartgroups where Rik posted the news on us getting this forum.

I wouldn't even listen to George right now because the only thing you'll get out of what he says is an encrypted message that doesn't mean anything and it will give you a massive headache. They should release an 8 or 9-DVD set with the original version and the "Ultimate" version and then 3 more DVDs for the bonus material. If he does do a third trilogy (Which he must do because the Emperor died way too easily), does anyone know what that would be about? Thrawn should definitely be in it.

11. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    You know that George is going to do episode's 7-9 because as soon as he thinks about all the money that he can make off of merchandising he'll do it. There was a rumor going around on the holonet news that he would get his buddy Steven Spielberg to direct the next trilogy. Steven was originally supposed to direct Attack Of The Clones and I think that it would have been a better idea. When George denied that he was doing episode's 7-9 he joked about Harrison Ford being 70 years old.

John said on smartgroups that it might be based on the solo twins but in the books around that time it's about the remnants of the empire and the cloned emperor. Grand Admiral Thrawn would definitely have to be in the next trilogy. I have a really cool idea though. You could make it like the Dark Empire series where luke gets sucked into the darkside and becomes the emperor's weapon and his friends have to stop him. Boba Fett makes his return in the Dark Empire series too. That would kick major ass.

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I don't know if anyone else caught this, but when I read about the Ultimate Edition, there was also some talk about doing some SW for tv, either an animated feature or something live action possible in 2006. I haven't heard anything else pertaining to this, had anyone else heard anything?

13. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    I heard somewhere that "The Clone Wars" on c-toon network was a trial to see how successful Star Wars on tv would be and if it was good enough they would make a half-hour cartoon series.

14. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the live action show was a 2 hour holiday special starring people from the first three films?

LOL

:-D

-Cephas

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Please... PLEASE, DO NOT force me to watch anything like that again!! Arrrgh!! I'd rather be burped up by a Sarlaac than have to sit through another Holiday Special! :_|

16. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I found out in one of the insiders I'm not sure which one it was but Genndy is a big fan of Han and Chewie and he'd like to do a cartoon on their adventures.

17. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    I think if they do a half-hour (or hour :) )show it will definitely be between episodes 3 and 4.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's a very promising update on the release of the OT on DVD.

OT on DVD

19. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Everyone check out the poll they are taking on the home page! I ask you all right now, would it not be Incredibly COOL!!!!! [face_shocked] :)
    What i'm referring to is if they played all 6 movies back to back in the theaters when ep 3 comes out.

20. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Yeah Andrew, I think it would be cool and I think it would give some of the people who don't like the Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones a chance to see those movies in a new light.That's how Return Of The Jedi was because people didn't like it when it originally came out but over time I think people have changed their minds and now they love it. Personally, I really liked the Phantom Menace. It had some really good things in it especially the lightsaber battle between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul. Attack Of The Clones was okay but I felt that it was missing something perhaps it was the fact that George killed off Darth Maul.

21. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    I could see why people didn't like ROTJ at first. I've watched EP1 again a few weeks ago and it seemed strangely better than previous times watching it. I think the case could be that as these movies age, they get better. You're right about EP 2, DJ. Jango Fett was the replacement for Darth Maul as the really dangerous second-in-command. Dare-I-say Darth Maul was more formidable than Jango was. Now if only they could make a video game based around Maul like they did for Jango. I had an idea similar to this poll a few months ago. My idea was that when EP 3 came out, then all the New England FanForce groups could arrange a private screening and watch EP 3 after watching EPs 1 and 2 somewhere and then go back to those meeting places to watch the classic trilogy.

22. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    That would be awesome if they came out with a game for Darth Maul because he's my favorite character.In my opinion Darth Maul is the best character they've come up with ever. When I first found out that they were coming out with a game for Jango Fett I thought it was awesome. I still haven't gotten Star Wars Bounty Hunter but I plan on getting it sometime. Best Buy had it for $15.00 dollars but I don't know if the offer is still good. I like your idea to get all the fanforce chapters together to watch episode 3 and then watch the other movies.

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    The one problem I had with Episode One regarding Darth Maul was: besides the fact that he was fighting the Jedi, how did we know that he was a bad guy? In my opinion, I think that it would have been cool to see him attack someone while in Mos Espa or something, just to show how evil he was.

But I certainly agree with DJ, he is one of the coolest characters in the SW universe!

24. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    One thing for sure...the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS will having some kind of marathon showing at CANTINA, right before the midnight showing, that's for sure! Count on it...THEN we all go to the midnight showing...I don't think Chris (Andrew's Mom) would have a problem with that...in fact, she'd probably join us!

Hey! I got it! We watch Ep I + Ep II starting at 5:30 PM at CANTINA...that's roughly 4.5 hours, and takes us to 10:00 PM. At 10:00 PM we drive over to the midnight show in Londonderry (of course, we'd have to get the tickets when they become available a week prior...this is an important, key part of the plan!). We watch Ep III, then head back to CANTINA for IV, V + VI. This is a disturbing plan indeed....Bwwaahh hahhh hahhh hahhh!!

25. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Your right Andrew it would've been a good idea if they had done that to promote Darth Maul as a sith. Hey Rik, I'd be up for that but I have a couple of questions. How would we get the tickets in advance. Do you know if episode 3 would be starting on a weekend because if it starts during the week I don't think I would be able to do that. If it does start on the weekend Jason and I will be there with bells on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.