main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Star Wars: Unbound Fate

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 1 - Betrayal

Colcha Landing, 500 Republica, Imperial Center
    39:3:5 (4 ABY)
    2322 hours

A long wailing scream on a familiar face, attached to a body that was seen falling to it’s doom into a deep chasm as a maelstrom of force energy surrounded him. Kev-Mas Colcha, Emperor’s Hand was bound to protect this individual. This individual was the Emperor and the most powerful man in the known galaxy, but Kev-Mas was bound to serve against his will. So while these visions did cause Kev-Mas to stir from his sleep, curiously he was not compelled to act.

He was not, because the man whose will he was bound by to serve the Emperor WAS the Emperor. The Emperor who had just died hours before he received this vision in the Force. A vision that was delayed for reasons unbeknownst to the loyal servant, cause after all the Force works in mysterious ways.

However moments later the sounds of several explosions echoing across the city awoke Kev-Mas. News of what happened in the Battle of Endor had reached its capitol, and countless citizens became dissidents, wreaking havoc in the city center. However, the only news Kev-Mas had to go off of was the vision he had just received, and he was clueless as to what it meant.

Moments later Kev-Mas heard another explosion at his door, as a small group of stormtroopers broke into his apartment. “Stang! Why couldn’t they just knock?!” mumbled Colcha under his breath as his cybernetic eyes scanned the apartment in search of the intruders, switching between infrared and normal vision modes.

It was times like this that Kev-Mas was thankful that he slept with his clothes on in case of emergency, complete with armor and everything. Locating the intruders, Kev-Mas grabbed his lightsaber, clipped it to his belt and went to confront them. “You know, you could’ve just knocked…” he said to the troopers as he ignited his lightsaber. He still wasn’t aware of the fact that they were here to kill him or why they were, but they broke into his home and he wasn’t going to take any chances.

“It’s him! Blast him!” yelled one of the stormtroopers as he fired his E-11 at Kev-Mas, a bolt that was reflected back into his helmet, snapping his neck with the force of the blow. As the Stormtroopers began to take formation surrounding the Dark Jedi, Kev-Mas moved quickly to defend himself. He threw his lightsaber with an immense amount of force in a circle around him, cleaving the remaining 5 stormtroopers in two with incredible ease.

As the weapon landed back in his hands and he deactivated the blade, Kev-Mas attempted to open a channel to any nearby Forces. He got no response. “That’s weird…” he thought, looking at the window seeing a sea of fire in the streets below, “but I guess given the situation at hand it’s not too weird. They’re probably just… busy.”

Just then, Kev-Mas felt a presence in the Force. This presence was a very antagonizing one. It felt cold; bitter, harsh. Whoever it was they were not friendly, and they were approaching quickly.

“Hm…” Kev-Mas mused, turning on the holonet transceiver built into his cybernetic implants, “Seems like the Empire isn’t as united as I thought it was.”

“Rebel uprisings have erupted across the Galaxy. They are believed to have been linked to unconfirmed news of the Death of the Emperor and Lord Vader at the Battle of Endor reach the masses. The Empire denies any such claims, and urges all civilians to remain calm and return to their homes or face arrest…”

“Or not,” he continued as he shut off the transceiver. Kev-Mas knew how Imperial Intelligence worked, having worked FOR them on several occasions. This news was true, and quite obviously such news would cause several systems to fall out of line and Imperial Intelligence was trying to silence them in reaction to it. However, that still didn’t explain why a squad of Stormtroopers came after him, which was most likely linked to the Dark Side presence he felt getting very close. The presence which he was quite certain responsible for the approaching footsteps he was hearing.

“I take it you’re responsible for this mess?” Kev-Mas called out to the presence as he approached.

“Oh yes, I do apologize about that Mister Colcha, and I will send a team to clean it up as soon as possible. It’s just a pity you won’t live to see it to completion…” was the reply from the approaching figure, adorned in the ornate robes of the Imperial Inquisition.

“Are you threatening me, Inquisitor?” replied Kev-Mas, igniting his lightsaber once more and falling into his unique lightsaber stance, based off of both Juyo and Djem So forms.

Now Kev-Mas knew one thing for sure: the Inquisition wanted Kev-Mas dead, either because they saw him as a risk to inherit the newly vacated throne, or because they knew something he didn’t.

“By the name of the Imperial High Council, you are under arrest for crimes against the Empire,” recited the Inquisitor, in a judicious and pompous tone. As he ignited his lightsaber, you could almost smell the bureaucracy reeking from his mouth. “Stand down and your death will be... humane,” he continued, slipping into a classical Makashi salute.

“There are no crimes and you know it,” replied Kev-Mas with a determined look on his face, lunging forwards towards the Inquisitor, “You only fear my chances of claiming the throne.”

“I never took you for the talkative type…” replied the Inquisitor as he parried Kev-Mas’ blow and sent him flying with a burst of telekinetic energy, sending Kev-Mas flying into a structural column, cracking it on impact, “I see the talisman the Emperor planted in you has indeed failed after death.”

“I guess you’ve got something in common with it then,” retorted Kev-Mas, uprooting the column and hurling it at the Inquisitor with the Force.

“Your loyalty to the Empire is as fragile as your chances of victory,” replied the Inquisitor, catching the column with his own telekinetic powers, “surrender now and your death will be quick and painless.”

Kev-Mas then let out an ear piercing roar, shattering the fragile column to pieces and sending shrapnel flying at the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor leaped out of the way, but only to be met mid-air by Kev-Mas with a falling leaf technique, slashing from the air above him, in an attempt to crush him under his own weight. Makashi wasn’t known for its strength, rather focusing on finesse and agility, but the sheer force under Kev-Mas’ attack was unavoidable.

The Inquisitor used a Force Push to distance himself from the attack and fall into a blade lock. “I thought the Inquisitors were known for their combat prowess,” chuckled Kev-Mas jeeringly, “Apparently I was either wrong, or you’re one pathetic excuse for an Inquisitor.”

The inquisitor snarled as he aimed a kick at Kev-Mas, which he deflected with his own, sending him flying towards a nearby window. “I’m quite insulted, really. I would’ve expected the Empire to send a more capable opponent to dispatch me.”

Speechless and quivering in fear, the Inquisitor dropped his weapon then fell back scuttling towards the window. “On your feet, you miserable whelp,” commanded Kev-Mas, approaching quickly, “there is no honor in a mercy killing.”

“I bet you’re not even here on official business, are you?” continued Kev-Mas, swinging his lightsaber at the window, shattering it.

“That’s none of your concern,” mumbled the Inquisitor, rising to his feet.

“Speak up,” shouted Kev-Mas in order to be heard over the rushing Coruscanti winds coming through the high rise window, “I can’t hear you over the sound of your impending doom.”

“RAAAAAGH!” yelled the Inquisitor, belting out a torrent of electrical Force Energy at Kev-Mas, which he then blocked and absorbed with his lightsaber, absorbing the Force Energy for himself.

“Like I said, impending doom,” Kev-Mas added, sending an even stronger burst of Force Energy back at the Inquisitor, sending him flying out the open window to his death.

“I don’t even want the throne…” muttered Kev-Mas, reaching over to grab the lightsaber that was left behind, “politics irritate me.”

Kev-Mas then made his way to his private hangar where his ship awaited him. Knowing full well that the Empire would likely send more men after him, he needed to get away immediately. His ship had a cloaking device, and it would most definitely come in handy.

As he approached the ship, he sensed another presence. This one seemed smaller, but it was very likely they were attempting to mask their presence. Either way, Kev-Mas had to move quickly. Dashing up towards the boarding ramp, he was confronted by a tall, white haired man departing from it, gripping what appeared to be a walking stave.

“Going somewhere, Mister Colcha?” the man threatened with a smirk.

“Who are you and how did you get on my ship?” deflected Kev-Mas.

The man ignited a crimson lightsaber blade from the stave, and slipped into a combat stance Kev-Mas hadn’t seen anyone else use in over 5 years… not since his days as a Shadow Guard.

“The name’s Vincent Mikaru. How I got on your ship doesn’t matter, just know that I’m going to take it.”

Kev-Mas ignited his own lightsaber and slipped into a Juyo salute.

“Shadow Guard eh? Takes me back to the old days. Back when I was still a tool of the Emperor.” said Kev-Mas, lunging at Vincent.

“You too eh? It’s a shame I’m gonna have to kill a former comrade then,” retorted Vincent with a jeer, parrying the blow.

“It doesn’t have to be that way, you know,” replied Kev-Mas, stepping to the side and twirling his blade, “I could use some help escaping the Empire, and I don’t think you’ve got it in you to keep on fighting for it.”

“Why would that be?” questioned Vincent patiently, holding his pike at the ready.

“I’m pretty sure that after the Emperor killed off most of our brothers in the Shadow Guards that the last thing you want to do is keep on serving in his legacy when you have a way out of it.” reasoned Kev-Mas, standing his ground.

“What if I just want to go at it alone?” replied Vincent, pointing his pike closer.

“Because I know for a fact you’re not stupid,” Kev-Mas countered, sending a burst of force energy at Vincent, causing him to stumble a little bit but not lose balance, “You got into my ship. That’s not something any idiot could do.”

“And I could really use someone with your particular skills and abilities,” he continued, disengaging his lightsaber and extending a hand as a friendly gesture.

“Ehhh if you put it that way, I guess…” shrugged Vincent, disengaging his lightsaber and grabbing Kev-Mas’ hand, who then helped him to his feet, “but if you try anything you’re dead.”

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 2 - Holed Up

Wraith, cloaked in high atmosphere
    Imperial Center
    39:3:6 (4 ABY)
    0116 hours

Kev-Mas and Vincent stood over the conference room briefing table, flanked by several officers adorned in standard issue Imperial uniform.“Alright men, here’s the situation” said Kev-Mas as he addressed them, “In case you haven’t been paying attention to the holonet - which by the way, I don’t suggest you try until we figure out a way to access it discretely, the Empire wants me dead. And consequently, I’m going to offer you a choice as well. Either you stay here aboard the Wraith and help me escape… or you die.”Fortunately for Kev-Mas, not only did he still have the perfect ship to escape a planet swarming with former allies who wanted him dead, the crew was still very much on his side. They knew the situation but they had been through so much together and his fine crew had sworn their allegiance to their Commander first, and the Empire second. So when that Empire had turned against their Kev-Mas, where their allegiances had stood was without question.“Sir, we have indeed seen the news, but we’re not blind pawns of the Empire,” replied one of the officers in the room. He was a muscular, gruff looking man with gaunt features. He had a scar across his left eye and was showing clear signs of age, with his graying salt and pepper colored hair and wrinkled brow; it was obvious that this man had quite the extensive service record. “We know you better than anyone else in the Empire and we trust your judgment. If the Empire wants you dead, we want no part of that Empire. Our allegiance first and foremost, is to you.”

As he declared his allegiance, the rest nodded affirmatively.

“Thank you Captain Tersil. I didn’t have a doubt in my mind that you would all make the right choice,” replied Kev-Mas, “I’m glad to still have you all with me. I couldn’t do this without your continued service.”“Sorry to break up the party going on here,” interjected Vincent, ”but we should probably come up with a plan of action.”“Apologies, you’re right.” Kev-Mas nodded in reply. He waved his hand in front of his right temple and a holographic display popped up on the table in front of them. “So here’s the situation. Sensor scans have given us a rough indication as to the fleet makeup in orbit above us. As to be expected for Imperial Center, it’s big. However, due to recent events it is bigger than it normally is, and I’m pretty sure the planet is under a lockdown because of it.”“We are cloaked,” replied Vincent, “However, once I and the other inquisitor don't report back, the empire will immediately suspect something is amiss.”“And they’ll send bounty hunters on our trail,” answered another crew member. This crew member was dressed in a black officer uniform, indicating that he was a member of the Stormtrooper corps. He had sun scorched skin and black hair trimmed to Imperial standards with neatly trimmed mutton chop sideburns.“Exactly, Captain Vosk, Vincent,” affirmed Kev-Mas, “But it doesn’t have to be that way. We’re going to feign death, and I know exactly how. They won’t bother chasing after an enemy they believe to have already killed.”

“Consider me intrigued,” replied a female figure. This figure was tall and slender with shoulder length platinum blonde hair dressed in a red Imperial Intelligence officer’s uniform. “But is it tactically sound?”

“As far as my experience and knowledge of Imperial tactics, it most definitely is,” answered Kev-Mas, who again waved his hand in front of his right temple, replacing the existing image with a larger image of the Wraith. Kev-Mas pointed to the image, and began to elaborate.“The first step of the plan, is obviously to decloak and engage the enemy for a short time,” he began as the image changed to another one, “after that, we will need to end up in a missile targeting lock. I will attempt to slow the missile with the Force as we re cloak, then use the Force to cause it to explode and increase the size and intensity of said explosion. This will create an illusion that the missile had hit the ship and caused it to explode.”“You’re out of your kriffing mind,” replied Vincent calmly, “There would be no debris, we'd need something further.”“What would you suggest, Vincent” inquired Kev-Mas.“Isn’t there a corvette of the same class as yours in the fleet?” began Vincent, “If so, we could do a mind meld to combine our powers, and use it to convince it to disembark towards the planet and convince the Imperial Battlegroup that it is us. Then most likely the ship will be destroyed above the planet and all debris will burn up upon reentry into the atmosphere.”

“Clever… and we’ll escape without a fight.” mused Kev-Mas, “But first we need to see if such a ship is present. Lieutenant Gossen, do you detect one on your scanners?”

“Let’s see…” replied the female intelligence officer dressed in red, “Yes we do sir, the Crimson Lance at vector 259-1716.”

“Excellent,” smiled Kev-Mas, “Let’s do this…”

Moments later, Kev-Mas and Vincent sat aboard the bridge of the cloaked ship. The bridge was reminiscent of that of a Star Destroyer, only much smaller. The crew stood inside a trench area below Kev-Mas and Vincent who were deep in meditation atop a small observation platform in front of the viewport. They concentrated deeply and reached out to both the captain of the Crimson Lance and the commander of the battlegroup with the Force, weaving their deception in an attempt to make their escape, and then slowly slipped out of the trance.As they did, they were interrupted by Lieutenant Gossen.“Sirs, everything appears to be going according to plan. The Crimson Lance is moving towards high atmosphere and the fleet is moving to engage it.”

“Good. Break through into high orbit and prepare a jump to the Utapau system, but do not jump until scanners have detected the destruction of the Lance,” ordered Kev-Mas, as both he and Vincent rose to their feet.“Aye sir,” replied Gossen.

“Hyperspace coordinates locked in and ready,” were the words that chimed in from Captain Tersil, the ship’s chief navigation officer.“Uhh... why Utapau?” asked Vincent.“I’m getting reports that the Empire has lost control of the planet. We’ll seek asylum there in exchange for valuable intelligence data from the Empire.”With that, they got their signal to make the jump to hyperspace. “Sir, the Crimson Lance has been destroyed in high atmosphere. It worked.” informed Lieutenant Gossen.“Captain Tersil, punch it.” Kev-Mas ordered.

“Affirmative, Commander,” nodded Tersil as the ship lurched forward into the blue sea of hyperspace.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    This fanfic has since been revamped and expanded by a large amount.

Check it out here or here. All 13 chapters of it.