Star Wars Unity!

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by TionneHawk, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm definitely there for Friday, just need a bed/couch for Saturday.

Poolio, you forgot to list Autumn as our OC Rep
  3. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    My bad..uhh that wasn't my post it was my less evil twin Chip.

4. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Todays the day kids. I can't wait
  5. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i won't be at wondercon folks
  6. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    DUDE!! You missed out kids, we all got to be extra's in EpIII!!!

I was sure LDV or someone would post the news before me. but I guess I left first.

That was 24 hours of Chaos fueled fun....sleep calls to me now like a siren in the mist.

7. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Pool. If you're lying. Damn you for lying! Pool. If you're telling the truth. Damn you for being in Episode III! :p :p :p

TJ
  8. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Holy Cow what a weekend!!!!!!! Oh man, you boys missed OUT!! I can't wait for some pics to be posted of all the fun we had.

Due to the tireless efforts to encourage PR by your faithful CR, LDV, and the always comedic efforts of Deapool, we may get a tour of the infamous Steve Sansweet museum of Star Wars collectibles! Yes kids, that's right. Sometime in June, possibly with the members of the SFFF, we may be going to see the mecca of Star Wars fans everywhere.

I can't even begin to talk about all the things we did yesterday. No, really, I've got a 10 page report to write that I haven't started yet. I'll post full details as soon as that's out of the way.

Much love for Mike Quinn, Mary Franklin, and Steve Sansweet!!!

*sigh* yeah, I missed seeing Tobey. Oh well, it was still a lot of fun. The feeling is mutual Dead, you are some of the best friends anyone could ask for. Special thanks to Devin for making sure I stayed awake for the drive at 1:30 am though I wanted soooo much just to fall asleep. I slept about 10 hours this morning. :)
  9. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Too much fun for words. I am soooooo glad I was healthy enough to make this trip. Sure I hurt like hell right now, and am dead tired, but it was so much fun it was worth all the pain.

Plus, it was wonderful to see such a great meeting of minds in Devin+Autumn. To see them immediately geek out on the history and origins of the lightsaber was beyond classic.

Autumn had a blast and was thrilled to meet all of you. As we discussed there, it looks like we may have a chance to spend some more time together soon (Endor anyone?) :)

Thanks for making both of us feel such a part of the action. Thanks to Ming for letting me crash on his couch, and to see his Shania collection ;).

For those in the Honor Guard, you missed some fun stuff with Tobey.
  10. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I still need to hear the tale of Devin's new pal he met on the transport to the Con.

And what's this about Endor Mr Kessel?

I say this I had a great time....24 hours of Mayhem. I actually slept for 8 hours last night and I can't remember the last time that happen....but I still wonder when I do get some sleep if I'm not running around the city calling myself Tyler.

you guys are the best friends a nut like me could ever ask for. I needed this weekend more then I knew.

ahh back to the real world the Depends needs a changing.

11. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    General Sithy, it was a weekend I needed more than I knew as well. And I knew I needed it pretty bad.

This talk of Endor is that the LA group has been planning a camping trip to The Moon of Endor, in Crescent City, over Memorial Day weekend. Autumn, whom everyone met at Unity, helped to organize it, even though she can't go with her pirating life these days. Anyway, a campsite for 50 has been reserved, and as I understand it, only about 15 have confirmed their intent to go so far. We talked to Devin about him possibly joining us, and of course whoever else who wants to geek out in the woods.

For more details, feel free to join the boards of my Southland Cohorts at www.liningup.net The Events forum has all the details.
  12. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greeting and salutations everyone.

This weekend was awesome.

I did get to see the Tobey experience and he was actually very very cool. He answered alot of questions, even the squeaking teens that took 15 minutes to ask their questions.

Also what was really awesome was Mr. Sansweet's presentation. And guess who was front and center guarding the stage where Sansweet was? Yep you guessed it, your CR and your's trully. And there were plenty of professional photographers so I am sure we will end up somewhere in a magazine. ;)

Never had so many people ask to take a pic with me in full Jedi gear. ;)

Another highlite of the day was dinner with the 501st and Steve Sansweet, and Mary Franklin (Lucasfilm) sat next to Tionne and across from me at Chevys at which time, Tionne and I manage to secure entrance to the Star Wars Mecca of collecting. Steve told us to come out to his house and he would be happy to give us a tour of his collection. I also mentioned props and so fourth and bragged about the over 3000 times viewing of ANH. That secured me an interview with Mary Franklin for Bantha Tracks which should take place next week. ;) Even Sansweet was inpressed with Tionne and myself. So SVRF is now on the map with Lucasfilm.

Yes Depends errr I mean Deadpool, the packages have been delivered and on their way.

More later, need to go to the store.

Will have pics up later on web site.

Cya
  13. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to stay for the dinner it sounds like it was a blast, but there was no way I could have handled it. I could barely make it down the stairs into the MUNI station, but I made it home allright.
  14. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very good to hear KR. LDV and I were a bit worried that when we returned to Ming's car at about 1:30 am your droid would still be there and we would have to call on the authorities to help find you.

Yes, I got to sit right next to Steve Sansweet at dinner and be in awe as Devin recanted his first 100 viewings of Star Wars. I even got the chance to mention my special FX makeup for the fan film. As he was leaving Steve kissed me on the cheek and wished me luck with it! Mary Franklin has also made me promise to keep her posted on our upcoming events so they can be posted in Bantha Tracks (which will be bigger, better, and also online very soon.) Much love for Hawkie!!! I'm still grinning from the experience. :D

I also did a short interview with a group doing an independent film project on this convention which will be put on the web as soon as it is complete. I'll make sure and post it here when it goes up.

SVRF, you guys have made it to the ears of all of the Bay Area.
  15. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Glad to know you made it home ok KR. Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw your bug was gone from the Muni station. But, besides keeping Tionne awake on the ride home, I paid attention to the shouulders just in case I saw your bug on the way home.

Also to end the evening, we got to see all the Lucas Awards for best Fanfilms for the last two years. All I can say is DAMN!!! AIN'T NOTHING LIKE SEEING PINK FIVE on the big screen! Also got to see Stargeeks. All I can say is, if George let that language go, then he shouldn't have a problem with all our blood and violence. ;)
  16. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I want to see all the pics.

Who was the silent woman with the 501st taking pics? Uhhh she was uuuhhh...Asian (ok look I hate all that PC stuff there I said it)

I have to finish my rolls of film off and get them developed and I'll scan them and get them to LDV. Cat took quite as well so I should have at least one in there for the caption of the week. (get your mind out of that gutter old man.)

It's about time The Rogues got infamous (that's more then famous right?)

17. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

The quiet Asian woman taking photos for the 501st is Karen Louie, our official garrison photographer (and wife of our XO, Ed Karl).

Photos should be up in a day or two.

Bob
  18. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I saw a guy in the Costuming bit wearing a Big Lebowski shirt, which I just purchased online, incidentally, but all this talk about PC language can't help but make me think of that movie.

Yes, my droid made it home safe and sound. I stopped in Cordellia for a bite and to stretch myself a bit. My lower back still hurts like hell if I do much more than watch TV, but all my other muscles just feel like I spent a hard day at the gym. Makes me feel good about future ventures out of Sacto (Do I hear Endor LDV?)

I really don't have many photos from the convention, sadly. I have a super small memory card, and I was saving for the Sansweet presentation (which I could't photo very well in the dark anyway), but here is what I have.

Wonder Con Weekend

BTW, the pic of the boat is Autumn's craft, the Hawaiian Chieftain. I know she really liked getting to know all of you and probably wouldn't mind hearing from you again during her extended stay on the Bay. PM or email me for her phone if you like.
  19. Thrawn_72 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am soooo jelous of all that went. I am glad that you all had a great time. I had to attend my sister's wedding this weekend. Can't wait to see the pics up on the new web site. Glad that everyone made it back safe.
  20. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good pics KR. Yeah, Steve Sansweet's presentation teased us a bit, didn't it? If you knew what to look for and what to listen for, you got a lot of information. It's all about reading between the lines.

I think a couple of those pics need to be rotoscoped. ;)
  21. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, you could say that :p

Well I was sitting with Chris and his fiancee during the presentation and he told me it was all Hyperspace stuff. Of course, I hadn't subscribed yet (just did a couple of hours ago), so I did not know, but I have to believe there was value in seeing it on a screen that size.
  22. Hand-Schaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone,

It was nice to see you all again. SOrry I semed a bit out of the loop lately - things have been busy. With being at the con just one day I hardly remember being there! TH - glad you made it to the dinner - Eva mentioned she felt bad about approaching me about it but I was carrying that aweful heavy tub and didn't have time to be very 'nice'. Anyway... glad everybody had a good time... can't wait to see all the pictures!
  23. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ahh thank TK. she took a pic of a very tired Deadpool leaning on the wall after I got out of costume. I wonder if I looked as tired as I felt.

24. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks H-S, I had a great time. Hopefully, I will have a full report up soon on the entire event "from a certain point of view". ;) Thought I am sure LDV's telling will be similar.
  25. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I wonder did anyone get a pic of my red face when Mike made me infamous?

takes alot to make General Sithly blush...but I did that night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.