main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Star Wars: Unlimited Power

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dark Ferus, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Note- this is not connected to my previous fanfiction work about a better version of the prequels
    Also, more content will be added to this post.

Part I: Revenge of the Sith

"It's over, Anakin!" Obi Wan Kenobi shouted from the lava bank he was standing on. He had been fighting his former apprentice, now the Sith Lord Darth Vader, for hours, but he was nowhere near tired. He would rest once he had done his duty. He had let go of his feelings for his old friend and knew that this would enable him to win.

"You underestimate my power!" snarled Anakin Skywalker from below. Obi Wan could now sense nothing but darkness in the younger man's heart, but he would still rather negotiate than deal the inevitable blow, not out of sentiment, but because he generally preferred peace.

"Don't try it," he pleaded, finally giving in to human, non-Jedi emotion.

"Don't worry," replied Anakin with hate, "I won't kill you too quickly." Rather than jumping up as Obi Wan expected, he suddenly unleashed a torrent of lightning at Obi Wan, who was not prepared to deflect it.
    The Jedi Master screamed in pain as Anakin sent lightning into him on the lava banks of Mustafar.

"Your powers are weak, old man," Anakin taunted as he walked up the bank towards his fallen opponent, "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I am the master." He screamed in rage as he continued to electrocute Obi Wan, who could not hold on much longer against Anakin's extreme power.
    Obi Wan looked into Anakin's eyes, searching desperately for a trace of his old friend. He merely saw fire and abyss. I'm sorry, Padme, he thought, The man you love is dead.
    "You were my brother, Anakin!" he howled as Anakin fired one last lightning bolt at him, "I loved you!" Anakin merely bared his teeth as Obi Wan breathed his last.

On Coruscant, Yoda jumped from a chute in the Senate building into Bail Organa's waiting speeder.
    "Master Yoda, are you hurt?" asked Bail in concern.
    "Only my pride," sighed the green Jedi, "Only my pride." He had not only failed the Republic, but also the galaxy. It was his own fault of course. He could not match the power of Darth Sidious because he had been too confident in the light side. Now, his faith was broken.
    "Hurry to Mustafar, we must," Yoda rasped, "In danger, Senator Amidala is."
    "I'm on it," Bail replied, accelerating the velocity of his speeder. They sped on towards the landing platform, where Bail's ship awaited.

R2D2 and C3PO had already taken the unconscious Padme onto her starship, laying her to rest in a cot.
    "I don't know what to do," fretted the golden protocol droid, "The senator is badly hurt. We must find Master Anakin." R2 beeped urgently.

"Leave, now?" replied the indignant 3PO, "Without Master Anakin?"
    R2 beeped again.
    "Dead?" asked 3PO, "Oh my!"
    R2 whistled in anxiety.

"Medical attention?" Threepio said, "We don't know where to go!"
    R2 beeped.
    "Bail Organa! Of course!" Threepio exclaimed, "We have no time to lose." He hurried to the cockpit, with R2 trailing behind.

Anakin stood triumphantly over the body of the dead Obi Wan. Obi Wan deserved to die, he thought, the Jedi brought this on themselves. He began to hike back towards the landing platform, where his loving wife awaited. Wait, he thought, he had choked her, would she love him after that action? Would she still have faith in him. Anakin reached out in the force, and could no longer feel her presence. She had left the planet. Anakin looked back at the body of his old friend and master. With his feelings of triumph, and anger, Anakin felt something new, something that vaguely felt like remorse. Anakin quickly dismissed it, and headed back to his starfighter. At least R2 would be waiting.

Emperor Palpatine awaited the return of his apprentice on the landing platform of the Senate, accompanied by Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, and Grand Moff Tarkin. The danger he had sensed had been nothing, Obi Wan Kenobi was no match for Lord Vader's destructive fury. However, he sensed something else, danger for himself. Of course, he knew that Vader's power eclipsing his own was inevitable, but he sensed that Vader would soon seek to kill him. Palpatine's heart briefly filled with fear, then it went away as Vader's Jedi Starfighter came into view. He felt a great deal of anger in the boy, more so than when he had left for Mustafar. Part of the anger, Palpatine knew, was directed at him. Palpatine had planned all along for Padme to die, and it was perfect that it happened at the hand of Vader himself. Vader's quest to save Padme had failed. He was now under Palpatine's control.
    Palpatine smiled as Vader got out of his Starfighter and knelt.

"Master, my mission to wipe out the Separatists was a success," Vader reported, his tone suggesting none of the emotion Palpatine knew he was feeling.

"Well done, Lord Vader," replied the emperor, "Our mission is complete. We have saved the galaxy together."

"Yes my Master," Vader said as he stood. I could kill him now, Vader thought, nobody could stop me. Then he realized, Once my master is dead, I will have no way to increase my power. As he followed Palpatine and company back into the Senate, he decided, I will wait until I have my own apprentice, and Palpatine cannot teach me anything I do not know, and then I will cut him down.

Vader could hardly wait. If only his patience matched his power.
    Next: Part II: The Force Unleashed

Iron_lord and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Interesting take! I'm interested to know what happens next. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I'll probably post later today.

4. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Unlimited Power Part 2: The Force Unleashed

Darth Vader was on a mission of his own. Although he had been sent by his Sith Master, Lord Sidious, to assist the clones in the siege against the Wookiees of Kashyyyk, the battle was only a distraction to Vader from the Jedi Knight hiding near this jungle. As he approached the beach where he sensed the Jedi, Vader cut down all Wookiees in his path. Darth Vader was still a young man, and had the good looks of Anakin Skywalker, but he was a different man. A more powerful man, which meant a better man to Vader.
    Finally, Vader reached the shore, where he knew the Jedi was hiding. Sure enough, he saw a hooded figure emerge from one of the many houses in the trees, flanked by two Wookiees. The furry aliens carries large crossbows. They both fired at Vader, who deflected the bolts back at the Wookiees, killing them both.

"Dark lord," shouted the Jedi from above, "Whatever you are looking for, you won't find it here!"

"You cannot disguise yourself from me, Jedi!" Vader replied, holding his red lightsaber at the ready. The Jedi jumped down from the tree to face him. From under the hood, Vader recognized the face of Kento Marek, a Jedi who had left the order long before the Jedi purge began.

"Anakin Skywalker," Kento said, recognizing Vader right away, "You had such potential. What a shame that you are wasting it on the empire. Kento ignited his blue lightsaber.
    Suddenly, Vader felt another force sensitive presence, stronger than any he had ever felt besides his own. He reached out in the force, grabbing Kento's neck and squeezing.
    "I sense someone far more powerful nearby," he said, "Where is your master?"

"The dark side has clouded your mind," gasped Kento, struggling to breathe, "You killed my master years ago."

"Then you will share his fate," replied Vader, raising his saber. Before he could deliver the killing blow, the weapon flew out of his hand. Vader turned to find a young boy holding it, fear in his eyes. Vader sensed not only power in the boy, but also an opportunity to train an apprentice of his own. That was necessary to be a Sith Master once he had disposed of Sidious.

"Run, Galen!" Kento shouted, fearful for his son. Galen merely stared at the dark stranger, who stared back with yellow eyes. Vader used the force to crush Kento's throat, then studied his son, who backed up as he raised the ligtsaber.

Suddenly, a group of four clone troopers approached from the jungle, blasters aimed at the boy. Galen Marek looked at the clones, then at Vader, who without hesitation, snatched his lightsaber and cut down all four clone troopers before they could react.
    Galen gazed at him in awe.

"Come with me," Vader commanded, walking back into the trees, "More will be here soon." Galen saw no option but to follow. As he walked behind the dark stranger, Galen wonders what his future had in store.

Years passed, and Vader trained his secret apprentice, known only as Starkiller, in the dark side of the force, and sent him on many missions to hunt Jedi. Over the years, Starkiller succeeded in slaying many Jedi without detection from Darth Sidious, including Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus, and most recently Shaak Ti.

Now, Starkiller joined his master on the bridge of the Executor, Vader's command ship. Several Star Destroyers were approaching.

"The Emperor's fleet has arrived," said Vader.

"You have lured him to us?" marveled Starkiller, "when do we strike?"

Before Vader could answer, the door to the command bridge opened, and Darth Sidious entered. Starkiller backed up in involuntary fear as Vader knelt.

Finally, the Emperor spoke, "You have forgotten your place, Lord Vader. By taking this boy as your apprentice, you have betrayed me. Now destroy him, or I will destroy you both." Vader stood and faced his master.

Starkiller looked between them, bracing himself or the worst as Vader ignited his blade and turned to his student. Vader then looked back at the Emperor, whose deformed face was covered by a deep cowl.

As Vader walked towards Sidious, eight of the Emperor's Royal guards entered, aiming their staffs at Starkiller, who activated his weapon to engage them in combat.

Darth Sidious met Vader's lightsaber with a bolt of lightning from his hand. As Vader continued to advance, Starkiller cut down each of the guards, then went to join Lord Vader. Realizing he had more of a challenge than anticipated, Sidious retreated back to the hanger where his shuttle awaited. The two younger Sith pursued him, until the Emperor stopped in the docking bay. He fired more lightning at Vader and Starkiller, who each blocked lighting with their own lightning. Sidious force pushed Starkiller back, and drew his own blade. Vader swung at him, cutting through the wrists before Sidious could block his lightsaber. The dark lord fell to his knees, defeated by his own apprentice.

"You have underestimated me from the start!" shouted Vader, his emotion making headway, "You used me, and lied to me, and never expected me to overpower you." The truth was, Sidious had long known that Vader was stronger, but had been too blind to see just how much power Vader had in the force. Now, Sidious would no longer be able to escape the inevitable fate of all Sith, death at the hand of his student. Just like his own master, Darth Plagueis, Sidious had been bested by his apprentice, and was no longer needed for Vader to gain power. Sidious knew howeve, that Vader would also fall to the Sith tradition.

"This boy you call your enforcer will turn against you," he taunted, "his power will eclipse yours, and you will be nothing." Sidious' words meant nothing to Vader. His fear was as plain in his voice as in the Force.
    Without a moment of hesitation, Vader cut through the fallen emperor's neck. At last, Darth Sidious was no more.

Starkiller bowed at the feet of his master, now the ruler of the galaxy.
    "At last," he said, "the universe is yours."

"I have a task for you," Vader said, "You will find all of the Empire's enemies, and rally them against me. Then, together, we will crush them and no one will be left to stop us."

"As you wish, Lord Vader," Starkiller replied. He stood and left the room.

Vader stared down at the decapitated Sidious, then at the stars outside. Time had affected Vader's appearance, his hair now graying and his eyes as yellow and haunted as ever. Vader's face had matured, and he was much paler and thinner than twenty years ago, but his strength in the force was as great as it had always been. Vader reveled in his power, but deep down, he knew he would never be satisfied. He had never forgotten his love for Padme, and longed for her everyday. She was dead, he knew, along with their child. Vader had nothing but the Sith, and the galaxy at his command. For all his power, it would never be enough to give him what he truly wanted...

Next: Part 3 An New Hope

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You had Obi-Wan killed, left Vader unharmed by the lava & unwanted amputation, had Starkiller trained & the Emperor got assassinated.

[face_nail_biting]

I wonder what happens next in your AU. Here on the boards you always find the best stories.

6. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Unlimited Power Part 3: A New Hope

Emperor Anakin Skywalker had now ruled the galaxy for three years, with Starkiller enforcing his will. Anakin had abandoned his Sith name, as he no longer needed it. Many across the galaxy still remembered him as a hero of the Republic, and he had great popular support, especially after slaying the evil Darth Sidious.
    However, not all supported the Empire under Anakin. Many systems were in the rebel alliance, including Alderaan, which Anakin had just destroyed with the Death Star following the capture of Princess Leia. With a central rebel power gone, all systems would bow to him.

Anakin and Starkiller stood alone in the conference room. Many officers and moffs loyal to the prior Emperor had been executed. Now, Anakin had no opposing parties in the empire.

"A small freighter has entered the Death Star," reported Starkiller, "There were passengers, but our scouts cannot detect them."

"They are trying to rescue the princess," concluded Anakin, "and bring back the Death Star plans." He reached out with the force. He felt a strong presence in the light side. No.. It couldn't be! But then, there was no proof that he had died.

"Master Yoda is here," Anakin said, "I will deal with him."

"We can take him together," replied Starkiller excitedly.

"No, I will face him alone," Anakin said, "You will make sure that the princess is secure."

"As you wish, Emperor Skywalker," replied Starkiller. He bowed to his master and left.

Yoda was not the only force presence Anakin felt. He could feel something else, almost calling him. A more familiar presence was on board, one he somehow could almost care about. Whatever it was, Anakin needed to get rid of it fast. He hurried out of the conference room, ligtsaber at the ready.

Yoda waited in one of the many corridors of the Death Star. He had used the force to remain undetected, and now that he had enabled Luke and Leia to escape with their allies, Han Solo and Yoda's old friend Chewbacca, his only purpose was to confront Darth Vader once and for all. He had separately trained both twins well in the Force, and now they were nearly ready. Yoda knew Vader would find him eventually. Though Vader now called himself Anakin, Yoda knew that man was dead.

At last, Anakin Skywalker stepped into the corridor, lightsaber drawn. Yoda ignited his green saber and glowered at the taller figure. Anakin had aged since Yoda had seen him last, on Coruscant right before the Jedi purge. His grey hair was thinning and balding, and he was much thinner and with more pronounced wrinkles. Skywalker wore a black cloak not unlike that of Sidious.

"Master Yoda," sneered Emperor Vader, "We meet again at last."

"Win you cannot," Yoda warned, "More powerful than you can imagine, I will become once you strike me down."

He leapt up to attack. Vader dodged, then hurled lightning at Yoda, who retreated towards the docking bay. Yoda had to stay alive long enough to teach the children one last lesson.

Once the duelists reached the hangar, several storm troopers guarding the Millennium Falcon noticed the Jedi battle and went to assist their Emperor.

"Master Yoda," a young voice cried out. Anakin and Yoda turned to find a strange group consisting of an unfamiliar boy, Princess Leia, a Wookiee and a smuggler Anakin vaguely recognized.

Yoda made eye contact with the two youngsters, telling them to on. Suddenly, Luke drew a blue lightsaber and charged Anakin, who force pushed him back. Leia and the smuggler, Han Solo opened fire, while the Wookiee held off storm troopers. Anakin turned to block the blasts, and narrowly avoided a strike from Yoda.

Starkiller suddenly appeared, followed by more storm troopers.

"It's over Jedi," he snarled, activating his red saber.
    Yoda suddenly deactivated his weapon and turned to Starkiller.
    "Young one, for so long has Vader exploited your abilities. Look inside yourself. Known it to be true you do."

"I don't know what you're talking about," replied Starkiller angrily .

Anakin fired lightning at Yoda, who simply absorbed it with his palm and spoke to Starkiller.

"Killed your father, this one did," said Yoda, "Come with us, you can." Leia and the rebels looked at Starkiller uncertainly, then at Anakin.

Starkiller did not want to believe the green Jedi, but could not detect the lie in the force. He closed his eyes and thought back to his earliest memory. He was walking behind Vader, Vader had just saved him from a group of clones. What happened before that?

Suddenly, Starkiller raised his hand, sending a shot of lightning at Anakin, who immediately deflected it.

"You killed my father," he shouted.

"Back to the ship, you must flee" Yoda told his companions.

"But I-" said the blond boy who had yelled Yoda's name.

"Luke, come on!" exclaimed Leia, pulling him along after Solo and the Wookiee.

Yoda said, "Join me, you must, young Galen. Too late it is not."

"Don't listen to him," said Anakin, "The dark side gives your power!"

Starkiller looked at Yoda, then at Anakin. Without another word, he sprinted to the Rogue Shadow. He could not serve Lord Vader anymore, and would not join the light side. He needed to get away from it all.

"After him," Anakin ordered nearby stormtroopers, keeping his eyes on Yoda. He would deal with the boy later, but had more important issues to address.

Anakin turned to the blond boy, reaching out in the force.

"I sense great potential in you," he said, "What is your name?" Anakin felt a very familiar presence...

"Join you he will not," shouted Yoda hoarsely. In a blur, Anakin drove his lightsaber through Yoda's heart. The Jedi Grand Master fell the the floor dead.

"No," shouted Luke, swinging at Vader with his blade.

"Luke, there's no time!" shouted Leia.

"Come on!" exclaimed Solo pointing his gun at Anakin. Chewbacca the Wookiee roared. Luke glared at Anakin in hate, then ran after his friends to the Falcon. Anakin did not order pursuit, they would lead him to the rebel base.

It was only back in his throne room that he realized the truth. He knew exactly now why Luke's presence had felt so familiar. Letting him go was a mistake, he thought, this was more important than finding the rebel base. What was done was done, but Anakin would not allow his son to die without joining him first.

Next: Part 4: Revenge of the Jedi

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I wonder which path Galen will chose here!

8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Ib
    didnt have time time finish that section. I will tonight. And thank you.

9. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Unlimited Power Part 4: Revenge of the Jedi

Luke and Leia Skywalker, newfound siblings, stood together alone in an Ewok village on Endor.

"Leia, do you remember your mother?" Luke asked. "Your real mother?"

Wondering what had come over Luke, Leia thought as far back as she could. She vaguely remembered a woman, saying something to the Jedi Yoda. What had she said?

"Just images really," Leia finally answered, "Feelings."

"I have no memory of my mother," Luke said, looking at the Endor night sky. Ewoks and rebels could be heard chatting in the distance.

"Luke, what's troubling you?" asked Leia. She wanted to help, to make it right.

"My father, Anakin, is here, on his moon." Luke had long known the truth about Emperor Skywalker, and been determined to rekindle the Jedi hero within his father.

"Run away," Leia encouraged, "Far away."
    "No, there's more," Luke said, putting an arm around Leia, "It won't be easy to hear, but you must.

"The force is strong in my family," Luke explained, "My father has it, I have it, and my sister has it."

Luke looked into Leia's eyes as she took in the truth, the meaning of his words. Her mouth opened in shock and horror. Not only was Luke her brother, but Anakin was her father.

"You have that power too," Luke said, "In time, you'll learn to use it as I have."

"But why must you confront him?" asked Leia, tears in her eyes. If she lost Luke... She had suffered too many losses. Her planet. her mother and father, her culture, she had almost lost her Han.

"Because there is good in him," Luke spoke with passion, "I have to try to bring him back."

Brother and sister held each other for an eternity, until that awful time when they had to separate, possibly for the last time.

Anakin Skywalker awaited on the shield generator hangar. As he watched the ATAT carrying Luke approach, he sensed victory ahead. However, that was not all he sensed. He sensed a choice, a choice between victory and power. How could the two be opposites, he wondered.

Luke exited the walker with two stormtroopers and a commander. He gazed calmly at his yellow eyed father, who smiled back gloatingly.

"This is the rebel that surrendered to us," the commander said, handing Anakin the boy's lightsaber, "He was armed only with this."

"Good work, commander," Anakin said, "Search for his companions and bring them to me." The commander bowed and went back into the walker.

"So you have come to me," Anakin said, "I have been expecting you."

"I know, father," Luke replied tonelessly.

"So you have accepted the truth," boasted Anakin.

"I have accepted the truth that you were once a Jedi Knight, and husband of Padme Amidala."

Anakin impulsively activated Luke's blade. He sensed no fear in the young man.

"That life no longer has any meaning to me," he snarled. His rage at the mention of Padme subsided as he turned the weapon off.

"I can feel the good in you, the conflict," Luke pleaded, "Come away with me."

Anakin closed his eyes as he remembered what had happened on Mustafar, twenty-three years ago. Padme has begged him to come with her, and abandon the Empire. Anakin had regretted every day what he had done.

"It is too late for me, son," Anakin sighed sadly. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, Yoda had once said.

"Not so fast!" shouted a voice. Anakin turned to find Starkiller standing behind him.

Anakin drew his own blade and activated it.

"You killed my father, so I will kill your son!" Starkiller said, grabbing Luke in the Force. He leapt down to the forest floor, dragging the choking Luke along. Anakin jumped down after them.

Starkiller waited for Anakin, choking Luke with the force.

"I have been waiting for this moment a long time," he said, "It is time for justice!"

"Father..." gasped Luke, "Help me..."
    Starkiller activated his blade.

Anakin fired lightning at him, forcing Galen to drop Luke. Luke reached with the force fornhosnoen weapon, then activated it to attack the newcomer. Starkiller ignited a second lightsaber, charging both Anakin and Luke. Together, father and son dueled against the vengeful Starkiller. The three force users made their way into the generator, continuing the three way duel.

Eventually, Leia, Han, and the rebel soldiers reached the generator, where the duel was taking place. Leia had sensed danger and hurried as fast as she could to help.

As Han and the rebels held off the stormtroopers outside, Leia ran into the generator, where she found Luke and their father dueling against who she recognized as Galen Marek, Darth Vader's old apprentice.

"Leia!" Luke cried, "run!" Leia aimed her blaster at Galen and fired. Galen stepped out of the way, grabbing Leia with the force.

"So, you have a twin sister," he taunted, "If you will not join me, perhaps she will."

"Never!" screamed Luke, and with his father, he charged. Starkiller parried Luke's attack, thrusting his blade backwards. While Luke was distracted by Leia, Starkiller struck at Anakin, who was too slow to defend himself. Galen's blade cut into his stomach, forcing him back.

As Anakin lay on the floor, Galen continued choking Leia as Luke watched.

"Both of you would make powerful allies," he said, "We can kill this monster of your father and free the galaxy."

"We will never join you!" yelled Luke, advancing. Galen hit him with a strong blast of lightning, sending Luke to the ground.

"Then you will pay for your lack of vision," he said. He fired energy at both Luke and Leia now, causing them to twitch on the metal floor.

So it all comes down to this, Luke thought. His years of training, his devotion to the rebellion, his faith in the good of his father had all been for nothing. Now, at least he and Leia knew the truth about each other. It would be up to Han to win the battle now.

As Leia struggled against the dark energy consuming her, she thought of how she had almost lost Han forever, then just gotten him back. Now, he would find her dead at any moment.
    I'm sorry, Luke, she thought, you tried to find good in our father, but he is too far lost.

As Anakin watched everything unfold, he considered everything that had happened. For all his power in the force, he knew that none if it would be of any use, not now. He was too injured and too evil. But then he realized, if he were evil, he wouldn't care about saving Luke and Leia now that they were no use to him. He did want to protect them both, Anakin realized, and only love could do that. Just like how only love could have saved Padmd, not any amount of force power.

It was love for Luke and Leia that caused Anakin to stand, to summon his lightsaber. His desperation to save the ones he loved once again drove him to take action as he leapt in front of Galen's lightning, deflecting it back. Galen retreated and turned to face Anakin.

"You've taken everything from me!" he roared, firing lightning at Anakin. Anakin knew he couldn't hold it off long, but would be able to save the twins. He held his weapon in front of him, sending Galen's lightning back at him. As he fell from the impact, Galen force pulled Anakin to him as lightning ripped through his body.

Anakin felt the lightning hit him as. Galen held on to his neck. Both men screamed as the energy surged through them. If Galen was going down. he was taking Vader with him. At last, both Sith stopped moving, and breathing.

Luke and Leia stood and looked over to the body of Anakin Skywalker. His eyes had turned from yellow to blue, and in death, he appeared much the way he had as a young man, before being corrupted by the dark side.

"I know there was good in him, at the end," Luke said after a moment of tense silenc, "That's why he was able to use the last of his strength to help us."

"I felt it too," Leia admitted, "You were right about him."

Brother and sister held each other a moment longer, then went out to join the fight.

The end

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    He saved both of his children from his former acolyte. Sniff! A happy ending with a bitter note to it. Thank you!