main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Star Wars: Uprising (A Tie-In to the Mobile Game, Post-ROTJ, New Canon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediDingo, Jul 20, 2015.

1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005

I, like most of you, am very excited about the Force Awakens. I am especially excited about the Journey to the Force Awakens and cannot wait to get my hands on the books, comics, and the upcoming mobile game that will help fill in the gaps between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

This Fanfiction is set within that time period and is meant to be a direct tie-in with the upcoming mobile game with the same name. I do not have any knowledge of how the game's story will play out, and I am only aware of the initial set up of the game. My attempt is to tell a story within the New Canon and play off some of the elements of the upcoming game. If you are not familiar with the game here is a trailer:

In the days following the Battle of Endor and the fall of the Emperor, The Anoat sector has been locked down by the Empire. With the Rebel Alliance on the other side of the Iron Blockade, it falls to the sector’s smugglers, freedom fighters, bounty hunters and gangsters to join forces and form an uprising.

Source: https://www.playstarwarsuprising.com

Now, I present to you Star Wars: Uprising! ( A tie-in :D ) Note: This takes place at the same time as the Battle of Endor
    Star Wars: Uprising
    Chapter One

As the Imperial Shuttle slide through the black of space, Agent Dustil Vex shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He sat behind the pilot and gulped as he looked over his shoulder at the growing planet below. Being an Imperial Security Bureau agent had subjected him to rigorous trainings like hand to hand combat, blaster training, integration, and more, but for whatever reason Agent Vex could never get used to space travel.

He could pilot if he had to, but if there was ever a chance to let someone else fly he took it. Usually he liked to stay in the main cabin of a ship when possible so he didn’t have to experience the small moments of panic as ships traveled into a planet’s atmosphere, but it would be silly to do so now. He needed to look strong, in control — like the ideal Imperial. The shuttle began to shake ever so slightly as they entered the planet’s gravitational pull.

Vex tightened his grip on his seat and then quickly relaxed, his dark eyes bouncing back and forth to see if someone noticed. No one did because it was only he and the two pilots ahead of him. His Stormtroopers were in the hold behind him.Vex closed his eyes and rubbed his head. He needed to get focused. A mission was about to take place. A mission that he himself had planned with the approval of Governor Adelhard. It was a mission to take out a potential rebellion developing on Ione.

It was a dangerous time in the Empire. The so-called ‘rebellion’ had engulfed almost all of the known galaxy and if Vex was being honest with himself, it made him nervous. Just about six months ago there had been a major battle right here in the Anoat Sector. The rebellion had set up a secret base on the ice planet of Hoth. Thankfully, Lord Vader crushed the rebellion there but still they fought. Vex had heard rumors of a rebel fleet massing at Sullust. A rebel fleet! The audacity.

Governor Adelhard, embarrassed that Lord Vader had found a rebel base right in his very own sector, had decided to take a very hard stance on any rebel activity from now on. Agent Vex was happy to be apart of that initiative. So he blocked out his fears and focused in on the mission. There had been several reports over the last few months of specifically sabotage on the Imperial base below. Tonight, Agent Vex planned on rooting out these saboteurs once and for all. He opened his eyes as the shuttle broke through the clouds and headed for the planet’s capital city.

Olivia Starstone, or just Livy for short, stood on top of a roof overlooking Ione’s capital city. The sun was setting, creating a beautiful mix of purples, pink, and some blue. Livy’s green eyes wandered the sky as she took it all in at once. On the outside it didn’t look like she was reacting all that much to it, but inside she was a swirl of emotions. Ione’s sunsets could rival Cloud City’s any day of the week. At least that is what her father always use to say.

“Livy, are we ready?”

The voice penetrated her thoughts and she forced herself to look away and turn towards the source of the voice. As she turned, her long, curly brown hair was whipped by a strong wind. The source of the voice’s heart almost leaped out of his chest. There she stood, looking like some sort of beautiful rebel hero and he was just squinting up at her like an idiot.

Dax Pava forced himself to look back down at his equipment and desperately hoped that she hadn’t noticed that he was practically gawking at her. Being seventeen and two years older than her, he should have been the mature and experienced one but sometimes he just couldn’t help it. Olivia Starstone was a goddess in his eyes. Of course Dax knew that he was permanently in the friend zone with her, but he didn’t care as long as he got to be around her.

“I don’t know, seems like you’re not.” She replied.

Dax clenched his jaw and pretended to shuffle through his backpack. “No, I’m totally ready. One hundred percent ready.”

He risked another glance up at her and caught her smiling. Livy looked over at the rest of her companions and put her hands on her hips. They were definitely an odd crew, but she trusted her life with these guys. Dax was the brains and one of the best slicers she had ever seen. Behind him stood a large humanoid Nothoiin with a dark gold skin, and a large hairless head. Under his combat armor was a mass of large, knotted muscle. His name was Gurb and he didn’t speak much, but that was his thing. He was the enforcer. Next to Gurb stood an old IG-100 MangaGaurd droid that had been reprogrammed by Dax. Dax had put in a protocol droid’s brain into the MangaGaurd, and the result was a very odd mix of etiquette and deadliness. They called him ‘Iggy’.

She looked at her team and kept her smile. She one day dreamed of joining the Rebellion personally, but until then she did what she could here on Ione.

“I do believe we should get a move on if we wish to obtain maximum impact, ma’am.” Iggy said, stepping forward.

“We are all clear on the plan?” She asked.

Everyone nodded. She grinned.

“Let’s blow some stuff up.”

Vex stood in the control room of the base, his hands clasped tightly behind his back. His eyes scanned the several holofeeds looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. On the center holofeed were three massive AT-AT’s parked in a row in the hanger bay. The bait.

A small smile tugged at the edge of Agent Vex’s lips. He had feeding the rebel cell rumors that the hanger bay doors would be wide open tonight for weeks. Through various sources he leaked when and where patrols would be, allowing a small window of time when the hanger bay would be virtually unguarded. The rebels thought that they had exposed their necks. They had, of course, but Vex was going to bring a blaster to the gut before anything could be done.

“Sir, all Stormtroopers report that they are ready.” A quick Coruscanti voice said over the comlink.

Vex raised his to his mouth, “Very good. Only a matter of time now.”

Then sometime on the bottom of the holofeed caught his eye.

“Here we go,” He whispered to himself.

Then, suddenly, the holofeeds went out. All of them. Vex’s gaunt eyes widened with surprise. He looked at the controller who looked equally confused.

“What just happened?” Vex demanded.

“Working on it, sir.”

Vex growled in anger into the comlink, “Be on the alert. They are here. I repeat, the rebels are here. Do not move until you have them in your sights.”

He stormed out of the room and down the hallway.

Livy scanned the hanger once again with her eyes before pulling down her goggles. They had been planning this for weeks. This would be their biggest hit to date. It would send a message directly to Adelhard. Ione is free.

“You’re all clear,” She heard Gurb whisper into the comlink in her ear. She gave him a quick glance. He was still located on the roof that they were on before, but he had a high powered sniper blaster aimed in her direction. He was going to take care of anyone that got too close.

“Holofeeds should be out now,” Dax said with some pride. Livy smiled.

“Good work.”

She glanced at the opposite side of the hanger at Iggy who stood cloaked in the shadows. She gave him a quick nod and started moving towards the hanger bay. She looked up as she entered and the sight of three AT-ATs took her breath away.

They were so massive! She stopped in her tracks for the slightest moment. Could she actually do this? Once she does this there was no going back. This was it.

She took a deep breath and tightened her fists. This was her ticket into the Rebel Alliance.

She moved forward, half jogging to the nearest AT-AT. Iggy was already at the furthest one, pulling out one of the bombs that Dax had constructed. She started to get out one of the bombs in her pack but stopped when she heard something.

All of their sources said this was the window. No one should be around.

Livy turned quickly towards the source of the noise. It was up on the walkway that ran along the edges of the AT-ATs. She saw a white boot hiding behind some crates.

Blast!

They were here. They were waiting for them. It was a trap.

She steadied her hand as she bent down and began to retrieve something from her bag. As she did that, she spoke into her com.

“We’ve been tricked.” She whispered.

“What!?” Dax asked.

“I’ve got a group of stormtroopers up on the catwalk ready to ambush.”

Iggy suddenly stopped and turned his mechanical head towards the catwalk. His voice then came through on the com although he never actually said anything out loud.

“She is correct.” He informed.

“Get out of there.” Gurb said.

“We should go,” Iggy agreed.

“One sec,” Livy said as she strained to get her blaster rifle from the pack very carefully.

“Hands up.”

Livy closed her eyes in defeat. Too late. She shook her head.

That’s okay, just a minor set back. I can handle this. I can handle this. She thought.

She stood up quickly and pulled her blaster out in one swift motion, pointing it directly at the catwalk above. Standing there was what looked to be an ISB Agent and a group of Stormtroopers behind him. He stood in his light green military uniform, his hands clasped behind his back, and his thin hair pushed back on his skull. He was tall, had sunken in eyes, and what seemed to be a constant sneer on his face. There was a large scar that stretched all the way across his jaw and up into his hairline.

“If you do not put the blaster rifle down, I will order my men to shoot. I would like to take you in alive if all possible.”

“I bet you would,” Livy muttered.

“Olivia, something is happening…” Dax said. He sounded very confused.

“Yeah, I’m getting caught.” She replied. There was sound coming out behind them, towards the city. Livy didn’t turn though, she kept her eyes on the Imperial Agent above.

“No, people are crowding the streets. Something has happened.”

That was odd. Livy frowned. She could hear more and more people out in the streets behind her. The Imperial Agent was no longer looking at her. His eyes were now focused on the streets as well. The Stormtroopers behind him held their blasters high but looked uncomfortably at each other. Livy risked a quick glance, but her blaster never wavered.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands were filling the streets. They were shouting something. It took a few moments for her to understand what they were saying but then she finally caught a few of the shouts. One stood out to her the most:

“The Emperor is dead!”

NightWatcher91 likes this.
  2. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    The next chapter should be coming really soon. If you enjoy the story please let me me know! If you hate it, please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk