main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Star Wars: Uprising project

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 18, 2016.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello everyone. I have been working on this project to get the story of the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising written down so that others who cannot play the game can still enjoy the story.

This is what I have so far just to give you an idea of what I am talking about: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7sQbvXiFAa8bWJrZXNMU3JJZWM/view?usp=sharing

Is this something that anyone is interested in? Should I continue with this?

Looming forward to your thoughts and feedback. Thank you.

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That's absolutely great! I try to keep Wookieepedia updated with Uprising material, but we're too few editors and new content keeps coming. (Not to mention that there are tons of non-Uprising new material...) That initiative is much appreciated and might come in very handy!

3. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Superb! something that i think a lot of fans would appreciate and something i would print off and put in my canon material.

4. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    That would be nice. I wondered if there was an ongoing story, or if it was more of a setting for you to do various repeatable missions.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is a really great idea. I'm interested in the story of Uprising, but the gameplay is too much of a repetitive grindfest to get into.

Kylun likes this.
  6. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    This is excellent! I'd follow along if you kept updating this, for sure. I like the way you've got the PDF formatted and everything, too. Nice and clear. You're doing the Force's work, bsmith.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    bsmith you're awesome. This looks like some seriously professional screenwriting here. I like the inclusion of the mission description screenshots too.

8. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Excellent job, definitely looking forward to updates. I haven't played the game in a while, but the game has alternate paths you can take now, right? So it'll take multiple playthroughs to get everything?

EDIT:
    bsmith7174, Are you typing this up on Google Docs? If so, you can share the document directly with us so we can use the same link whenever it's updated.:)

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    vstarvan I don't think there are alternate paths... for now. Granted, there are Light Side and Dark Side missions, but you can do both at this point.

vstarvan likes this.
  10. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    You should, though you should call it whatever it was they used to use in Star Wars novels. (Which may have actually been "dramatis personae", but I don't feel like walking the five feet to my bookcase to make sure).

12. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Does anyone know exactly how they do it in the Star Wars novels? I don't know off-hand.

And while I'm posting...the pdf has been updated a bit since last time. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sQbvXiFAa8bWJrZXNMU3JJZWM

13. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    It was indeed usually "Dramatis Personae", generally listing characters in alphabetical order with a brief description of their species and role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Thanks! Working on adding that in now

15. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello everyone...quick update. I've gotten to the Level 19 (out of 80+ so far...) story missions. I've also added the Light Side Missions (complete) and the Dark Side Missions (mostly complete). Just a warning, the Light and Dark missions are pretty far ahead in level so beware of spoilers for the main story. Also there is now a table of contents and dramatis personae. Hope you're enjoying it so far. Let me know how you think it's coming along.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sQbvXiFAa8bWJrZXNMU3JJZWM

I recommend downloading it and reading it in Adobe. Some of the formatting gets messed up in the in-browser preview.

16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    That's a laborious task you've tackled there, bsmith7174. If I weren't busy moving to France, I might offer my help--which I may still do in the future.

17. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    For someone that really struggles with games like this, the light side and dark side missions i assume they arent strictly canon. i understand some have force powers but this is fan service?

18. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Until now, I don't quite new why those missions (both LS dand DS) couldn't be canon. You can definitely follow both paths, and we have no reason to assume that the Smuggler can't be in the gray zone of the Force.

19. ErikBridger

ErikBridger Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Nice! Perhaps you can include some of the art work of screenshots? Anyway, great project. thanks.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's fairly clear the whole design impetus of this game (Iron Blockade etc) was to avoid needing to make the specifics canon.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  21. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    You don't really have "options" anyway. The story missions are the same for everyone. We just don't known the name, race and gender of Rookie One the Jedi Exile the Smuggler.

Kylun likes this.
  22. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

"There are stories about what happened."

23. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Do we have any idea of the size of the Iron Blockade (measured in Star Destroyers :p )?

Also do you get many familier locations from the movie on both Cloud City and Hoth?

24. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Holonet news Anoat system: "Another series of five brutal attacks on mataou's stormtrooper garrisons today. Many damaged hutt security droids were found nearby. A large gang on burnin Konn was also eliminated. All this was caused by one perpetrator."
    -my exploits every day

25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I look forward to the books touching on this years down the road. "One of Kylo Ren's victims was a mysterious unnamed Smuggler who had escaped from the Iron Blockade."