main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Star Wars: Uprising project

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Yes. I can now choose any of the factions to be my primary. Kouhun, Nobles, Rebels, etc.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  2. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I'm guessing GrandAdmiralJello will be switching to the Nobles?
    [​IMG]
    I finally got to use it![face_dancing]

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, they're the best-dressed.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

ATimson and Cracian_Thumper like this.
  4. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Well, I finished the present forward-going end-game material, including the fight-100-Assault Missions after-quest. The rewards were great (a ton of silver faction coins, lots of credits, holodiscs, and a TIE pilot chestpiece!), but now I'm back to leveling up gear so I can up my point rating so I can qualify for the next Force missions. Onward!

LelalMekha likes this.
  5. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Also: I just kicked about 10 or so members from the DurosLiterati cartel - they were those who haven't logged in for over 200+ days. Figure they are just taking up space. So, if you're playing, or even want to get started and join a cartel, and contribute to the overall cartel score and stuff, there's now some free slots. Join us!

LelalMekha likes this.
  6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I hope that, one day, I'll be able to play again. :confused:

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh hey, Taalcon, I saw you in my game thing! Did you win something?

You have three pieces of Imperial officer gear, looks like. I'm jealous. :(

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I don't know? Maybe because I finished the endgame stuff? Maybe because I'm the cartel leader? I don't know what the mechanics of what player characters show up hanging out in the social areas, or if it changes. Heh!

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How do you leave your current cartel?

I figured it out!

I finally can join our cartel!

Taalcon likes this.
  10. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Welcome!

11. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Hey, our Cartel is presently awarded 'Minor Influence' in the Hoth System. Nice!

my kind of scum and LelalMekha like this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, we all know that battles on Hoth are a Lit forum favorite.

Taalcon likes this.
  13. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello everyone...bsmith7174 here

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still alive. Sorry I haven't been able to update or post anything for a while. I've been working on a laboratory move at work and it's been sucking up all of my time. It's starting to wind down though so I am going to continue working on the Star Wars: Uprising project!

14. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Good to hear, mate. I've been getting back into the game after getting frustrated by crystal mining.

How is it so easy to get some crystals but not others so I can actually upgrade my items, game? AND WHY IS IT TAKING ME FOREVER TO FIND A GOOD BLASTER!?

15. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Finally got disruptor grenades dropped from the Abednedo dealer. Woohoo!

16. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    How many holo disks did you select?

17. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    30. I almost always do 30.

18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I was so excited when the disruptor grenades dropped for me. And then I proceeded to continue to get my butt handed to me repeatedly by that lightside boss until I just gave up on it altogether.

19. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    3.0 was released last night. Lots of cosmetic and structural changes (stacking material!), Raids are about to be A Thing... and now there's ... LANDO missions(?)! Yep - Lando is now a side-quest giver. Not sure exactly how that fits into the story if at all, and may just be additional evidence into the "No, Of Course Game Sidequests Aren't Canon" discussion, but, hey, it's LANDO!

Also, new in-game animations, lots of new loading screen art, some new vanity gear kits, and apparantly enhanced and more dynamic cut-scenes for the story mission dialogues (don't feel like making an alt to see them).

20. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    What's the continuity problem with the Lando missions?

21. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I guess Lando, who literally did blow up the Death Star, physically being on Burnin Konn inside the Iron Blockade giving out missions doesn't really seem to make sense to me in regards to not only the premise in general, but his appearances in Shattered Empire, etc?

22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, I mean, it's not necessarily contradictory unless he's already busy elsewhere in the timeline. Maybe he managed to slip into the sector just in tile for the lockdown. Given his past connections to Bespin, he might have wanted to take part in the insurgency.

23. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Although a key part of the story is obtaining the intercepted holo transmission from Leia about the DS destruction, and making it available to the populace. If Lando could have just dropped in with a copy . . . unless Lando plays a role in the story missions, I'm going to consider it non-canonical flavor and there for fun, and not try to put too much work rectifying it. Because everyone loves Lando :)

Do we even know the timeline of Shattered Empire? Lando is off at one of the Battles of Naboo in charge of the fleet in there, if I remember right.

24. Fiannawolf

Fiannawolf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2015
    I just started today and got to level 9. Sending minions...I mean crew out for materials is quite useful. Plus the collector in me is going to go nuts trying to complete that armory thing. Oy.

25. RemusPo

RemusPo Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2016
    I don't see what the problem is with Lando being on Burnin Konn in Uprising during the Iron Blockade. We already know from the first Aftermath book that he was fighting against Adelhard's forces on Cloud City during the Blockade.