main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Star Wars: Uprising project

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 18, 2016.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello everyone!!!

(Yes, I'm still working on the Uprising story guide)

But I wanted to post today because I found something that I think has a lot of potential on the Star Wars: Uprising subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsUprising/comments/4tpy18/help_with_website/). The user, casuir, is working on a website that I think would be a great resource for the community. If there's anyway we can help him out that would be fantastic. I already offered my help when it comes to canon/characters/locations/etc, but I'm afraid I'm not much help when it comes to things like item stats. If there's anyway we can help him out I think that would be great!

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Taalcon vanity gear?!

Do tell.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

I'm not sure what's all out there yet, but I've seen a loading screen of AT-AT pilot gear.

The new raid missions are kind of cool - it sets up a progression/web of time-sensitive missions one can go on to unlock Legendary gear etc. For those at XP cap / End Game waiting on new story mission content, the raid mission tree is a decent bone tossed our way, with some nice rewards.

I've noticed they'd made a lot of the missions from the previous build harder - a lot more missions have bosses, and this was the first time I had purchased the Imperial Mercenary Monday Mission and been unable to complete it and reap the benefits, because the trio of bosses destroyed me.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh great, as if bosses weren't hard enough for me :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Taalcon likes this.
  5. Fiannawolf

Fiannawolf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2015
    Just hit 15 today. Got some blue and green crew members already. Along with a nice blue rifle/helm. The item collector in me is going crazy.

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Apparently, there is an art book about the game, whch is aptly named The Art of Star Wars: Uprising.
    But it doesn't seem to be available anywhere... wierd. A pity. It would come in real handy.
    [​IMG]

Gamiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Oh cool.

8. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    A Google search gives next to nothing about that book though. I know it's genuine because it's referenced on the blog of (n)cubate, an art studio who worked on the game. And apparently, someone sold a copy of it on ebay. Aside from that, nothing...

9. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Maybe a trade book for some awards consideration or something?

10. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Karabast! Had I known about it back then, I would have bought that copy from eBay! Apparently, the book does contain exclusive information, such as the name "Allanar N3 light freighter."

BigAl6ft6, vstarvan and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well apparently Michael Dashow is a very very oddball: http://www.michaeldashow.com/about.html

His Facebook page (updated more frequently than his website) includes some stuff, sometimes Star Wars related (random fan stuff like Wyyrlok's girl or what looks like Wyyrklok's girl), but apparently he stopped working as senior art director at Kabam the publisher, so I imagine that has something to do with this book never quite getting off the ground. He certainly doesn't mention it on his site or FB. But. He's worth keeping an eye on -- perhaps he'll upload something eventually.

Also Gamiel this guy's totally up your alley of random.

12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up, Barriss_Coffee. Maybe I'll embolden soon and actually ask him about it.

13. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Sorry about the double post, but I've got news. I asked Dashow, and he answered pretty quickly:
    "The book was made for the game's team and partners (ncubate worked on the game) and wasn't made available for sale to the general public. I'm no longer at Kabam but I received my one copy. I have no idea how many extra copies they printed or what they will do with the leftovers now. Ken Capelli - mentioned in nCubate's blog - is the game's current Art Director and might know if there are any remaining copies. Good luck!"

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If you get a copy, I want scans of Imperials and/or nobles :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

15. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    If I manage to get a copy (but I wouldn't hold my breath), you'll all be sure to see things.

16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
  17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm not surprised. The grinding got a little bit too ridiculous too early in the game.

DelRiego likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Those games cost a lot more then you'd think to bad we won't ever get to liberate the system. Not like that was going to happen.

19. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm frumious (both fuming and furious). Although I'm slow and mediocre player, I was taking this game seriously and liked it much for its contributions to the worldbuilding. Come one, at least 4 chapters were planned!

my kind of scum likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If you ignore the grindfest and cash grab aspects, there's a fun story-driven mobile game in there. That's the sad part.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I hope Wookieepedia has been taking good notes about that worldbuilding! There's an awful lot of canon lore in there that will disappear once those servers go offline... :_|

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm really bummed about this. Sure, I had finished the main story and hit level 100 and wasn't playing it as much (couldn't finish that saber mission to save my life...), but I still logged on at least once a day plus I was enjoying the new raids. I will particularly miss the crew management/missions as I was still really enjoying that aspect of the game.

This is what I really dislike about the digital age (I know I sound like a dinosaur with this rant) - the fact that all of this work and such can just disappear... I hope that someone will catalog all of the lore somehow. Especially all of the crew members that you could get. There were some interesting lore bits in some of their descriptions.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  23. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's hoping they find a way to carry the plot forward in some other detailed medium. (Seriously, someone commission Alexander Freed to write an Uprising novel!) I'm going to be really disappointed if this amazing setting and plot goes untouched for years, only for them to just give up and mention Adelhard's fate as a throwaway line in some sourcebook a decade from now.

24. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I say a series of underground Holonet reports, or journals from members of the Uprising. A medium that allows The Smuggler's identity to remain undefined. Don't pull another SWTOR!Revan. Do it JJM KOTOR-comic style.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Now, I'm pretty sure NOTHING will happen. -___-