main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Star Wars: Uprising project

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I have a Dropbox repository. I can't say everything is in there, but still a lot.

2. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    As predicted on the last page of comments following the ending of Uprising...

As per Empire's End - Adelhard did eventually get his comeuppance, begging for a Lando adventure now in this time period to finish the story off

3. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm a bit upset that it all comes down to Lando, though. No mention of the Uprising heroes whatsoever.

Dr. Steve Brule and Mia Mesharad like this.
  4. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    This is one thing that I have been unable to find in its entirety. Like you said, the crew missions contain decent lore nuggets. I would like to include a section dedicated to that in my project, but I have been unable to locate a verified complete list. One person I think that could help would be the mysterious "casuir" (that's his/her Reddit username) that created this website: http://swuprisingguide.com/
    Based on their work, they've obviously been able to mine data from the game somehow and I suspect they could (or already have) mined all of the crew run mission data. I've tried several times to message them and ask for their help on Reddit, with no response. I'm not sure if there is a way to find an email address associated with that website that I could try to contact? That's a little beyond what I know how to do.

While I'm replying to this thread, I'll just mention that I plan to have Chapter II finished and uploaded within the next 3 weeks!

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Or what kind of fancy outfits they were wearing.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks, Lelal. That's a generous offer but my Dropbox is already filled up with work stuff that I can't get rid of. :(

It's a shame that Crew Runs aren't as available as everything else, but I'm glad to hear you're making progress on this project. Keep up the amazing work!

7. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I may be getting somewhere with getting all of the crew run mission information...stay tuned

8. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Bad news guys...

My contact at Kabam replied to my inquiries and said "a part of the deal of shutting down the game was that we had to return all assets to Lucasfilm and guarantee they were destroyed on our side. Lucasfilm is really serious about protecting IP! So if there's any run for this it's through contacts you may have there. Sorry we don't have the content to share! Best of luck."

Looks like that little nugget of Star Wars lore may never be fully uncovered. Alas, I will continue my Uprising project with what we have.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I did give you access to my Dropbox repository now, did I?

10. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Yes you did. I thought the issue was that we are unable to verify that every crew mission is in there, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Correct. Since I can't determine how many crew missions there were in the 1st place, I can't tell what percentage of the total mass lies in my repository.

12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Just wanted to say thanks again for all the effort to preserve Uprising's lore. bsmith7174, you're doing some amazing work for the fan community here. If you have a Paypal account I'd be happy to throw a few dollars into the bsmith7174 Beer and Mortgage Fund to show you some thanks, or send you a gift card for your preferred coffee house or something. [:D]

Jedi Princess likes this.
  13. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    That's very generous of you but I'm doing this simply to help out my fellow fans. Not looking for any sort of payment or monetary reward. People reading/printing/using the final product is the only reward I want :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not surprising really at least to me. It leaves the character up for whatever (although they will probably won't ever get used again.)

15. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Just wanted to post my email thread with my Kabam contact just in case someone here has a Lucasfilm contact who could help out. I certainly don't. Worth a shot I guess.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The trouble isn't having a contact -- LFL is pretty open to talking with fans -- it's that this request will probably have to be handled at an official level and involve lawyers and other people who have a say in approving releases.

I mention this because I once asked somebody if LFL could post an image of something in one of their guides, and this person basically said "oh if you only knew how many steps it takes to get these images released."

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Hello again everyone!

Quick update. Sorry, but I didn't meet my goal of completing the project this month. Work and wedding planning have been pretty busy. Nonetheless, I did get a sizable chunk completed.

You can find the latest version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sQbvXiFAa8bWJrZXNMU3JJZWM

The project weighs in at 229 pages right now and I still have a decent bit to finish up!

I want to give you all a more reasonable timeline for me to finish this...Look forward to the completed project in April!

Thank you everyone for your patience and I hope you enjoy the update in the meantime.

Take care!

18. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    Hey, any more luck with this project? It's looking really really good!

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Some of the designs and concepts looked interesting. Some were like take offs of knights of Ren but redressed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    This project is awesome. Has anyone done this for Star Wars: Commander?

21. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Not to my knowledge. The problem with Commander is that there are two possible paths (Imperial or Rebel)... But why not? I've actually been toying with the idea of doing something similar.

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm currently playing through Commander on the Rebel path so I can help as best I can with info for that game if anyone wants to do a project for that game.

LelalMekha likes this.
  23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Good to know! The other "issue"' with Commander is that it's much less "in-universe" than Uprising. In the early stages, at least, a lot of dialogues are basically thinly disguised gameplay instructions.

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Admittedly yes there isn't as much story as in Uprising but there is still some story there. The first few chapters are about the Rebel forces on Tatooine getting caught up in fighting between Jabba and his rivals. After that there is some missions where you help Kekit the leader of a Jawa tribe fight off some Tusken Raiders and make some deals with him. At the point I'm currently at the Rebels are attacking the Imperial Garrisons on Tatooine and the Imperial officer Kosh (I think so anyway I'm not sure of his exact rank) takes revenge by striking at your base.

I haven't even left Tatooine yet so maybe it gets more complex but there is a plot that flows nicely and I believe all the units in the game are Canon so there is some info we could compile.

LelalMekha likes this.
  25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Grievousdude Oh yes, it definitely should be chronicled somewhere. You never know, the game may disappear without a trace, as it happened with Uprising... I'm going for a fresh game start right now.

Grievousdude likes this.