main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Star Wars: Uprising project

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Congrats my friend. You have done a great deal to keeping this game in our memories. :)

AV-6R7, BigAl6ft6 and bsmith7174 like this.
  2. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Shelish from Star Wars: Uprising gets an entry in the new Dawn of Rebellion FFG book :)

Picture courtesy of Nathan Butler

3. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Did anyone happen to save the pics/info from swuprisingguide.com before it was taken down...?

4. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Since people have been asking...here are all of the crew/battle runs I currently have saved. Anything highlighted is incomplete. Some things I have the title but not the description, and vice versa. Some descriptions are incomplete. It's a longshot but if anyone happens to have any missing info please let me know and I'll fill it in.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Happy Dapp remains perhaps the goofiest name for a crime boss in Star Wars, at least in canon.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm hard pressed to think of a goofier one even in Legends. Ploovo Two-For-One is in the ballpark, but I think ultimately Happy Dapp owns the "goofy name for a crime lord" space, hands down.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I know it's been a few years, but I haven't forgotten about this game. It was a great Star Wars story and I hope there are plans in the future to bring it back to life somehow, be it a comic, book, or video game.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was going down memory lane and I wanted to say hi to my fellow Uprising fans.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    A good concept recycle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I kinda think that might just be a coincidence, because "stormtrooper... with a cape?!?" is a pretty general concept, and the helmet styles aren't really related. It's pretty cool either way, though.

Daneira, BigAl6ft6 and Gamiel like this.
  10. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Bumping my own thread... I haven't been able to find more information (crew runs, flavor text, etc.) to 100% complete this project as I originally envisioned it. But I am working with someone who can dig through the game's files to hopefully find what I need.

Also, if you are just now discovering this thread for the first time or have any more information that I'm missing please let me know!
    Here is the current state of the project:
    SW Uprising Guide (I'm missing non-unique crew member pics and bios): drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sQbvXiFAa8bWJrZXNMU3JJZWM
    SW Uprising Crew Missions (highlighted portions are incomplete/missing): drive.google.com/file/d/1zbeVytAMEtZZ0vlMnCdJtavS4zk9Vg3k/view

Also, kind of random (but related), are there any more pictures of the player ship from Uprising? Here are the three images I can find (one is just a top-down silhouette in an icon).
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Glad to hear you may be able to make more progress on this project soon (which is, even incomplete, pretty amazing work). Uprising may or may not have been the greatest of mobile games, but it was definitely a wellspring of lore that continues to inform "new" canon and be referenced in other stories, most recently Shadow Fall. Best of luck!

DarthJaceus likes this.
  12. Colinsblaster

Colinsblaster Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2022
    Hello! this is my first post, but I just finished an Uprising project and wanted to bump this thread and add it to the amazing script!

I had been looking for the very obscure canon book "The Art of Star Wars Uprising," which was given out to devs and some wookieepedia people when the game shut down. I finally tracked down and scanned a copy of the book after years of searching as I think wookieepedia people were told not to do so. The quality isn't great but it is better than nothing!

So, for people who might need this to complete their collections or just like Uprising, just know that you can find copies out there if you start doing a Google search around for it.

T2Q EDIT- Removing embedded file to avoid piracy concerns. It's out there if you search around for it on your own.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2022
  13. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Since the thread's been bumped - hello @bsmith7174 , any updates on the material you were hoping to find to complete your Uprising Guide and Crew Missions documents?

14. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Unfortunately, no :(

15. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    How has nobody managed to get this game up and running again on an emulator or something??? Has anyone tried? I mean, we can still play SW Galaxies today, why not this game??