Star Wars versus Lord Of The Rings

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Mandalorian_Warrior, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    your all on crack!!1

any given Star Wars character would kick major middle-earth ass!!

2. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Orange_Sith Jedi Knight

star 3
    ALRIGHT CAPS LOCK SEEMS TO BE PRETTY POPULAR ALL OF A SUDDEN, WELL JUST CUZ YOU LIKE SW MORE DOESNT MEAN THEY COULD BEAT LOTR
    EACH HAS DIFERENT PROS AND CONS WHEN VERSING EACH OTHER

SOME LOTR CHARACTER ARE INFINITLY POWERFUL AND COULD DESTROY EVEN YODA WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT, I HAVE READ MANY SIDE LOTR BOOKS AND I DO KNOW THIS
  4. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    First off,Dont come in here posting in all cap locks!! It looks like your yelling,be civil!!

Second,you need to relax!! They are all fictional characters!

I repeat F-I-C-T-I-O-N-A-L characters!!The fights would never really happen.

But if it did,2 words Laser Blasters!!
    Blasters would so rule over any type sword!

Now play nice :D
  5. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Howabout this:

Treebeard vs. Chewbacca

...1 on 1...no blasters or any of that jazz.
  6. Orange_Sith Jedi Knight

star 3
    alright first i did caps lock so people would notice it, and treebeard would beat chewie sadly, and i get a little nuts when i dont have school breathing down my neck( i lose sense of reality sometimes after extensive exposure to fictional things)
  7. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    I always keep in mind that this is all fiction. But it would be really cool if it was all real. Except for the whole Emperor holding the universe in a strangled grip, only to be defeated by Luke who rebulds the Jedi order and then the Yuuzhan Vong come into the picture and become a threat and.... I think you guys get the point. I think the same thing goes for LOTR also.
  8. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
  9. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry Dave,but yes its all make believe!
  10. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
  11. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. TIEace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Then where did I get this!?

//pulls out a General Mills Lightsaber

I find your lack of faith disturbing!
  13. Crix-Madine Force Ghost

star 4
    Treebeard would bring the house down all over Chewie.

In December you will see what I mean! :D
  14. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    What about Arwen vs. Padme? Hmmmm?

Let's see...
    PADME: I have my blaster and I'm a crack shot. I can kick the crap out of a nexu after picking the locks on my own hands, right after escaping from certain death on the conveyor belts in a droid factory.

ARWEN: Oh, dear. I have a needle, and I'm not quite through embroidering Aragorn's banner yet...

Padme goes into aggressive negotiations before Arwen has a chance to pull off her thimble.

(Sorry--very much not a fan of Arwen in the books, and I think that putting her into the movies the way they appear to have is a travesty. Obviously, I am working from the books throughout.)

Anakin/Vader v. Smeagol/Gollum: Anakin wipes the floor with his doppelganger.

Frodo v. Luke: That would be interesting, with both of them generally disliking the notion of fighting... But hey, get an Orc around to light Sting up, and they'd both at least have glowing swords.

Saruman v. Dooku: Depends. If Saruman is allowed to speak, he'd probably get Dooku on his side (though Dooku may have had enough training in resisting the Jedi mind trick to beat it, I think he'd give in because he wants to). But without the voice, Dooku would take him in one swipe.

Sidious v. Sauron: Gotta go with Sauron here.

Leia v. Eowyn: Tough fight. This one would go on for hours. I give Eowyn the edge. A lifetime competing physically with big guys using heavy broadswords would just give her more stamina. That is, if Leia didn't shoot her from half a mile away first.

Legolas v. Lando Calrissian: Legolas, though I think Lando would have come up with a scheme to get himself out of it and put Legolas up against someone else entirely.

Gimli v. Chewie: Gimli

Sam v. Han: Gotta go with Sam here. Han wouldn't take him seriously, but Sam would be dead serious about it, if he thought Frodo was in trouble.

Merry and Pippin v. Dorme and Corde: Dorme and Corde. But I highly suspect that it's because Pippin would be flirting with them.

Yoda v. Elrond: Wouldn't fight.

Obi-Wan v. Gandalf: Gandalf

Orcs v. Stormtroopers: There wouldn't be a fight, not because they didn't want to, but because neither side could hit the other. They'd just keep plugging away at thin air.

Rosie Cotten v. Shmi Skywalker: They'd be serving each other tea. But if someone made them fight, sorry, Shmi, but I gotta go with Rosie.
  15. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    What about a dianoga (A.K.A. the trash compactor creature) vs. the octopus creature near the mines of Moria (I think that's how is't spelled.)?
  16. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, the Watcher in the Waters would eat the dianoga in a gulp! :D
  17. Orange_Sith Jedi Knight

star 3
    i dont know, arwen has more than is told in the original 3 books......
  18. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've read the appendices and Silmarillion, as well as Tolkien's letters. Nothing suggests that Arwen could comport herself particularly well in battle.
  19. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can agree with most of your line-ups Barbara.

But I cant see Gimli beating Chewie
  20. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I basically just think that Gimli will beat anyone he sets his mind to beating. Chewie would be trying to groom him like an Ewok. :)
  21. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dark Jedi vs. wring wraiths
  23. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Dark Jedi as they have lightsabers and the Force. They would drive off the Nazgul easily.

Smeagol could take anyone on!
  24. Crix-Madine Force Ghost

star 4
    Wring Wraiths?

It's Ring my man, Ring.

And the Nazgul would win, with Sauron at their backs they are almost unstoppable.
  25. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    No way! The Nazgul would get their arses kicked by Dark Jedi. Dark Jedi, with the Force backing them, are unstoppable!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.