main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars versus Lord Of The Rings

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Mandalorian_Warrior, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I only copied how somebody else spelled it.

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Nazgul, easily. Better written.

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Please explain how they would win. Perhaps a little fanfic is in order.

4. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    I don't think I could write Dark Jedi at all, since I don't believe in them in the context of SW.

5. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah, when i started this thread i was hoping there could be some different scenarios and parts of the fights discussed. Kinda like a conversation/argument. Haha

6. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I think that would be a good match up.

Nazgul vs. Dark Jedi

Set upon the open feilds of Naboo!!

Dark Jedis approach on their sith speeders as the Nazguls come over the hills on their Black Steeds.Would be a really cool fight!!

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Think of it this way:
    -Lightsabers can cut through swords
    -Lightsabers can cut through Nazgul(not that there is much to cut through)
    -The D. Jedi could just lay around and throw the Nazgul around with the Force. It would be fun to watch.

How come you don't like Dark Jedi?

8. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Because it treats being a Jedi as a state of being instead of as a choice. Being a "Dark Jedi" strikes me as being, say, "a Baptist Catholic." They've rejected the main tenets of the Order, so they are, imho, no longer Jedi. I respect the Order, and it bugs me a lot when it's treated like a matter of birth. Luke had been through quite a bit of training and testing already, and when he asked if he was a Jedi yet, Yoda laughed at him. I had that objection before I read Zahn; after I read Zahn, my bigger objection was that the one I met there, at least, was just a bizarre plot device who annoyed me to no end.

Further, there's a cut scene in AotC--it's in the novelization and the screenplay, says that only twenty Jedi have ever left the Order at the time the Clone Wars begin. You'd have to estimate that some of these left to get married or because they had a crisis of faith or something; I'd actually go for more than half there. Less than twenty over a thousand years is certainly not going to provide rampaging hordes of Dark Jedi, so I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that scene.

At any rate, if we change it to Sith, I think even two Sith vs. nine Nazgul, the Sith would win. Provided, of course, that one was a female or alien Sith, since at least for the Nazgul king, he can't be killed by a man (I would just say a female Sith, but since JRRT differentiates "man" from the other Middle Earth species, it presumably refers to humans; I've even seen a relatively good argument--though I don't agree with it--that Merry's blow was killed him).

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Well okay, if calling them Sith makes it better then I think your right, Force users could win in any fight!

10. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i agree with the whole dark jedi thing. i never liked that term. your explanation of it sums up exactly what i always thought.

11. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    in the first post I said that lightsabers wouldn't cut through swords or vice versa, for the sake of discussion.

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Oh, well then- Sith would still win. Nazgul can hardly see.

"I shall smell where your lightsaber is! In the name of Sauran, prepare to die!" :p

13. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    What about Star Wars versus Star Trek?

14. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I'm gonna pretend I didnt read the question!!

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    What?! You know Star Wars would kick Star Treks @$$, but it would be fun to watch.

16. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    This would have to be dudes on land fighting because in space, even a small shuttlecraft(lets say the Delta Flyer) could take on all of the Imperial fleet and then some as lasers can't penetrate sheilds.

17. DarthMeatloaf

DarthMeatloaf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    Wow. This has gotten WAY off topic.

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Chewy vs. Worf

19. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
  20. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    what was the topic??

21. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    My take on the Dark Jedi thing (EU haters, please skip :) )
    Ok, the Fallen Twenty, as it were, are the only ones in the history of the order that left of their own free will. I will assume this does not count those that strayed and/or became evil. (Dooku possibly being an exception) And since there are busts in the Archives (and I think I read this somewhere) the 20 were liekly all Jedi Masters. I don't think they're going to commemerate every single Padawan/Knight that leaves the Order?
    Dark Jedi vs Sith: There is a clear distinction made in EU that Dark Jedi are Jedi that have turned to the Dark Side. Sith is supposedly some type of evil magic combined with the Force. So while there would only be 2 Sith at a time, there could be Dark Jedi a plenty that are not Sith, since they are not interchangeable terms.
    Calling them Dark Jedi: Yes, they no longer follow the "Jedi" way. Maybe they should be called Fallen Jedi? Or Evil Person Who Uses The Force. The term Dark Jedi lets you know right away this person used to be a Jedi, knows how to handle a lightsaber and has some ability with the Force that will put the hurt on you. There are also some that are attuned to the Force that never have Jedi training. So Dark Jedi would differentiate these individuals from evil Force-wielders.

small shuttlecraft(lets say the Delta Flyer) could take on all of the Imperial fleet and then some as lasers can't penetrate sheilds.
    That's why they have Ion Cannons, Missles, Torpedoes and Tractor Beams. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.