main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars video game ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darklordoftech, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    A game where you're a jedi combining the following aspects.

1. Lightsaber combat system of Jedi Academy.

2. Force powers similar to Advent Rising.

3. Combat speed as Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

4. Vertical mobility and can choose a lethal or non-lethal approximation as Dishonored.

lookameatbag and thejeditraitor like this.
  2. room101

room101 Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2014
    If I may be so bold and barge in the conversation, for a while now I've been working on a project that breaks new ground, that is, as far as I'm aware of, it's the first of its kind in the sense that it is the first successful attempt to render a 3-D model of a light saber in real-time in a browser.

The project is a motley mixture of visual resources ported from various video games, being used as placeholders, to make a point. Which point is, now there is a way to make Star Wars related games using 3-D models being rendered directly in a browser in real-time, including but not limited to light sabers.

In its current state, the project attempts to represent an RPG with an isometric like Camera(the camera is actually orthographic, not isometric, and uses a simple equation to simulate depth perception on Z axis)

The project can use some help, for several reasons, one of the most important is that I have a body condition and I cannot use my arms and eyes very well, and programming with voice recognition software is slow and ineffective. Also, the project can use some creative writing for dialogues, a coherent story, some QA and so on, and of course, junior and/or senior developers to speed up my current development process. :)

Anyways, if possible, I'd like to cut the long story short, by pointing to a dev log, if this is acceptable, and you can check it out for more info http://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-online.

please note that the project itself is a standalone game, developed in Action Script 3, but because the 3-D model of a light saber is ported from KOTOR, I refer to it as KOTOR Online, but this is for convenience, the focus should be on the fact that it breaks new ground with the real-time rendering of a light saber in the browser, the fact that said light saber was ported from KOTOR is incidental.

Thanks!

3. Leias Library

Leias Library Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2014
    room101 - that looks really nice. Just glanced at it but I appreciate the effort you've put in - keep it up!

On a personal level I would like to see something in style of Assassins Creed, maybe featuring Boba Fett or why not Bossk, would love to see Bossk as the main character in a game. Maybe would be hard to perform some of the stealth moves from Assassins but you get my point I hope :)

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the need a prequel trilogy game and an original trilogy game where you play through the big action sequences of each film. not something like the lego games but a full blown game with top graphics.

tpm: jedi vs droids, space battle, ground battle, duel of the fates

aotc: arena battle, geonosis battle, dooku duels

rots: space battle, land battles, different duels

anh: death star escape, duel, death star battle

esb: hoth battle, space escape battles, duel

rotj: sarlacc battle, death star 2 battle, ground battle, duel

the mp and co-op can be in the space/land battles. you could also make a combo clone wars/rebels game of the same type.

Darth Rozic and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  5. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    KOTOR 3. With a plot as good as the first one. The second KOTOR was decent but I thought the ending sucked. It was like they were rushed to finish it. You get the Sith Master robes right before you fight the last person, then she says a bunch of vague crap and falls in a hole, game over. Maybe make it a prequel with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. Or a game encompassing all the movies like the Lego games, but not with Legos.

Howard Hand likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Battlefront with EU levels
    A NJO series game.

7. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Star Wars needs more RTS games. Besides that, how about another mmorpg, only you decide your own destiny. Everyone starts out as a lowly citizen with nothing particular about them. You can choose the world you spawn on (would be from a selection, not ANY world), and you choose from the start if your character is force sensitive, but you won't be able to actually use force powers unless you choose to be trained as a jedi, sith, dark jedi, whatever. You could be a soldier, start a Nar Shaddaa street gang that evolves into a galactic crime syndicate, lead a rebellion, be a freelance merc, a pirate, whatever. Guess you could even call it a sandbox game. Your fate and abilties aren't bound by the choices made in character creation like in Swtor.

8. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Hmm... could swear I've seen this somewhere. :p

But in all seriousness, that sounds like a wonderful idea.

9. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Now that there is a new canon, it would be nice to have a game reflecting how Rogue Squardon dealt with the remnants of the Imperial Starfleet after the Battle of Endor.

10. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    I've always wanted a sort of Grand Theft Auto Star Wars twist. Being this down on your luck smuggler having to try to make it big and deal with the Galaxy of problems.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CoolyFett like this.
  11. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    STOP STAELING MI INTILECTUAL COPIRITE OK

12. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I want an RTS that's a mix of Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So basically, bring back Star Wars: Galaxies?

Battlefront with EU levels sounds great, but with the EU now decanonized that's not going to happen. As for a game based on the NJO, well I really don't like how most of the existing artwork depicts the Yuuzhan Vong and their biotechnology, so I'm rather hesitant about seeing a NJO game even if for some reason Disney or Lucasarts or whoever's running the show now decided to do it.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Still want both no matter how impossible it may seem.

15. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Don't be so sure Disney screwing everything up with the "EU" is going to kill any possible expansions into that field. Swtor is still getting expansions and continuations to the storyline, and even if a major company won't take it up, some indie group will. My favorite Battlefront 2 experiences come from mods.

16. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    TOR shouldn't be a problem for Disney anyhow, as it takes place millennia before the films. It's unaffected by continuity changes.

17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    A Civilization style game of Star Wars.

Meyerm likes this.
  18. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    A game where you are Luke Skywalker: from his encounter with Obi-Wan to his conversion into a demigod of the Force.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    How about a game set during the War between the Sith and Jedi on Ruusan. Imagine being a Jedi in the Army of Light or a Sith trooper/apprentice/acolyte/ or Sith Lord. That would be fun.
    Or a role playing open world game where you can creating your own character and choose which planet they are from and you can basically choose your own path..i.e becoming a Jedi, Sith, bounty hunter, smuggler (and no I am not describing The Old Republic computer game). I mean a real standout game that would be in contention for Game of the Year :D

20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    An openworld bounty hunter game would be supreme. They can base it during the disney era 30 years after ROTJ. That would be a really fun game to play. GTA RDR style of gameplay, but in the Star Wars world.

21. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Dang it, someone make something set in the great hyperspace war or the new sith wars already. Swtor is still kicking with new updates, so "disney said that didn't happen" is no excuse.

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    That could be tricky considering that the Star Wars universe is shown to have had little to no technological progression over 4,000+ years.

23. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    Doesn't have to advancing technology. They could be colonists settling an uninhabited world who have the create a civilization, unlocking more technologies as they grow in size and power.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Id definitely play a game like that, but what planet would you use?

25. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Maybe Corellia? You could work on one planet, and then move onto another after getting so much business or such?