main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars video game ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darklordoftech, Aug 2, 2014.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Star Wars/Last Of Us

You play as a smuggler hired to transport a little girl to a planet on the other side of the galaxy however the little girl is actually a Jedi padawan on the run from order 66 and you have to protect her from the empire. The story writes itself:p

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Life like this.
  2. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It's a blatant rip-off, but it could be compelling nonetheless.

3. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    A game where we handle a Force user that is not Jedi or Sith, a gray paladin for example. Use of firearms against shooters, rejecting shots with your own shots, armors and swords imbued with the Force:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Paladin

4. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    A game of action and terror where we handle a hunter of eldritch horrors: a Force user trained to defeat creatures of the Dark Side of the Force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Wraith

The game would be like Dark Souls but in Star Wars universe.

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    KOTOR 3

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    A game of action and adventure in third-person where we handle a raider of Jedi / Sith tombs: we would visit tombs of Force users with different goals, avoiding traps using Force powers, engaging in combat with guardians of the tombs and solving puzzles. The idea is already in Jedi Academy, we just have detail it.

7. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Castlevania style side-scroller RPG or an open world Bobba Fett game in the style of Hitman.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  9. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Open World-Stealth/Tactical Shooter game were you play as either a team of 2 ARC troopers or a squad of Clone Commandos.
    The setting would be on either Umbara trying to gather reconnaissance for the coming invasion (complete with TCW references :p)
    and on Utapau trying to track down General Greivous. This is probably my perfect idea of a Republic Commando 2 combined with MGS Ground Zeroes and will probably never happen but hey at least I can dream :) Also Visceral (or DICE, not sure) is apparently developing an open world Star Wars game sooooo hope for Clone Wars era right?

A much more simpler and probably more possible game would be a Company Of Heroes style strategy game set in during the Clone Wars. The company commanders would be the different battalion/legion commanders instead like the 501st, 212th, 327th etc...

Jhotoh_Yularis and Life like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Where you are in the first persons and shoot baddies as a jedi cloen trooper who is a goodie but also has force lightening and choke but good froce lightening and choke.

11. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    What are you responding to me or suggesting your own thing? I'm confused... The latest (and worst) Battlefront game Elite Squadrons had force sensitive clone twins. Who looked exactly like every other clone yet had a different father.

12. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Star Wars: Reckoning

A RPG in the vain of Dragon Age Inquisition where you play an Imperial operative in the aftermath of the Battle of Endor tasked with holding down a key Sector. Playable classes are ISB Agent, Inquisitor, Imperial Naval Officer and Emperor's Hand. You get your own Star Destroyer that you can customize as your own base of operations, class dependent on player class (ISB gets a Victory-class Mk. I, Inquisitor and Hand get an Imperial-class Mk.I, Officer gets an ImpStar Deuce), and a small supporting fleet. You decide the fate of the Sector: whither you remain loyal to whoever is charge of the Empire, defect to the Rebels or strike out on your own as an Imperial warlord is up to you. Decide the fate of entire worlds, enact Base Delta Zero, decide whither or not to pool resources into secret projects that grant you rewards like a battalion of Dark Troopers, etc...

Odds of this happening, zero.

13. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    -Luke Skywalker RPG set during the OT, Forget continuity make your own choices and walk a new path. With multiple choices and endings. "Open world"

-Star Wars Empire RPG where you can play a decent Imperial.

-A star wars survival horror game set during OT

- PT era star wars RPG

-Star Wars battle game where you can pick from the PT and OT characters and battle it on maps(like 1st person shooter games) (not an area) character is 3rd person view though. Imagine having a senate brawl or Jedi temple brawl .Able to customize weapons and interact with your environment. You want Yoda to start attacking senators? It can happen. Mace Windu vs Yoda? It can happen. Lots of possibilities.

-Star Wars Executor RPG where you can choose from different characters on the ship, each with their own story-line.

-A game with a Shadows of the Empire like storyline, but Luke focused

14. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Perhaps a Star Wars/Dynasty Warriors spin-off? Star Wars: Galaxy Warriors? The Dynasty Warriors series has already had plenty of crossover games, and it would be interesting to see it crossover with an American-made franchise, and Star Wars seems like one of those franchises that could work for that type of gameplay.

It could take place in various eras and have over-the-top versions of battles. It's story mode shouldn't be canon though. By keeping it non-canon, you could potentially use characters and elements from both the current continuity and Legends, and the general point of Koei's Warriors games is to play as a exaggeratedly powerful versions of legendary figures.

Life and darklordoftech like this.
  15. AshenKorin

AshenKorin Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2015
    I'd prefer a hybrid. Sort of like an mmoshooter/hack n slash.

Limited open world where you'd have a a temple, city or spaceship hub where players could congregate and travel to and from playing various scenes from the movies.

And some rpg elements. Certain abilities you'd need to quest for and skills you'd need to constantly practice to keep in shape.

Ex. The more you used a certain type of weapon the less chance of random spray or decreased the arc of aim.

Would be speed, precision and power. Etc.,

Saber combat would be more about movement and mouse control that would only be enhanced by stats. Not to the extent someone good with technique wouldnt be facing annihilation at the hands of someone with more stats and bonus enhancements.

16. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I too would love to see a new Rebellion-type game. I have played the original to death, but have found the farther along in the game you go, the less aggressive the AI becomes. Even playing on hard mode, in the end I have been able to beat the AI.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    KOTOR III :confused:

darklordoftech and Howard Hand like this.
  18. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I want Obsidian entertainment to be given another chance to write a Star Wars RPG since I loved KOTOR 2 so much. Preferably this game would be KOTOR 3, but as long as Chris Avellone is writing it, it could be in any era in Star Wars and I would be happy. IMO the guys at Obsidian have the best writing talent among the remaining Western RPG companies (way better than BioWare and Bethesda) and I think another Star Wars RPG by them would be amazing.

19. RhysDave97

RhysDave97 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2015
    There is no need to make a new game since you could just get a Star Wars mod for minecraft.

20. Mizore

Feb 5, 2013
    Detailing a previous comment: a game where we handle to Laranth Tarak: Star Wanted or Star Wet because Laranth skills are very similar to those of Gibson from Wanted film or Ruby from Wet video game.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laranth_Tarak

21. AshenKorin

AshenKorin Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2015
    You know what. I'd settle for something simple and unique. A saber combat game for the pc. Not platform, that'd just be hack and slash with limited controls.

With the pc, you could control angle direction to a specific degree as well as so many toggles and abilities for melee and force combat.

Wii type...I'd wait a decade for tech to evolve so it wouldnt be a pain in the ass.

Wii and Kinect...pretty much suck imo.

22. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Who uses either of those? No one would buy it just for Kinect or Wii. A saber combat game would be fun, but more emphasis on lightsaber combat and the forms/techniques and not force powers. It would also be interesting if it was first person...

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I want them to do an Uncharted style remake of Shadows of the Empire for the 20th anniversary next year, retooled to fit the new continuity. Similar to the Goldeneye remake on Wii which was great.

Life likes this.
  24. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    An open world big space battle mmo simulater type of thing. Where you can battle online in big battles for control that have an impact on the whole galaxy / game. With star destroyers and everything maybe even the deathstar. There could be 3 factions Empire, Rebels and Bounty Hunters/Hutts/Black Sun. The game could be played in 4 eras Old Republic, Clone Wars, Rebellion and Force Awakens/Aftermath. With player ranks from just a tie fighter pilot to a moff can who control an star destroyer. Maybe it could be possible for players to walk around in bigger spaceships and space stations. You could have entire Rebel guilds team up to take down some important Empire space stations.

astropaz likes this.
  25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Also, Super Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy released before The Force Awakens comes out.

ezekiel22x and Life like this.