main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars video game ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by darklordoftech, Aug 2, 2014.

1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    New Dark Forces. Old school style, no Jedi stuff time around.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Why don't you grab X-Wing Alliance or Rebellion off GOG?

These were the pinnacle of SW gaming. It's a little sad how good they used to be. :(

3. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Imperial commando.Find sev.Kill jedi.run from yoda.good times.
    After seeing ahsoka in the wrong jedi arc I want an assassins creed style game.With Ventress.
    The cancelled darth maul game.
    Empire at war for xbox 360.

Life and SilentGuy66 like this.
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    A clone wars set last of us style game.

Joel=Anakin
    Ellie= Ahsoka

5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'd like to see that canceled Darth Maul game resurface, maybe close off Maul's story from TCW with it. Sons of Dathomir didn't really give him closure, so I think a video game that played/looked liked the canceled one would be awesome.

6. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I can't see EA releasing a Rated M Star Wars game. I think the Darth Maul game was going to get that rating due to the gore and violence. But I agree with both of you, bring it back! It looked nice

7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There could be some sort of treasure hunting game to find a relic of the Force set during the Clone Wars or another time. Count Dooku is searching for a Sith relic which could give it the power to defeat the Jedi once and for all. Something other than the Kaiburr crystal only because it has been used so much.

8. astropaz

astropaz Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like a couple of new ones, I'm not overly worried about the setting, I'll lap any old storyline up but just want some playable games I can sink hours into.

I want a new dogfighter, the next X-wing maybe. Put a new skin on it, update it, give us loads of new options and make things very customisable. Heck even make it compatible for online play just don't restrict it to that(this goes for all games, ever), make sure the AI is good and have arena's both in planetary airspace and space proper.
    Simple and fun.

Expanding on that idea then surely there is room for an mmo space trader. Don't care if it rips off other franchises as the SW themes are huge enough to stand on it's own.
    Do this and I'm done.

An epic RPG, think the level of detail in something like the world of Elder Scrolls but apply it to SW, also make it less boring than Scrolls and not restrict it to one planet. Make travelling the universe and ships less of a grind than Mass Effect too.
    From there you can probably do the same as ES and do an online mmo version which would be neat but the other thing I'd like is the Old Republic to be updated and brought to consoles.

In fact all of the above applies to consoles, I couldn't give a rats for pc games because I don't play them but if it makes a console it will likely be on pc too so nobody misses out.

Life likes this.
  9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Battlefront will be rated M.

10. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014

[face_laugh] no it won't. that would be cool though

11. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Yes it will.

12. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    are you going to back your statement up with evidence or just going to keep insisting it will?

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    more starfighter games.

14. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    A Han Solo first person shooter set before the events of A New Hope.

I even have the ideal title for it: Shooting First with Han Solo

15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I could see a follow up for some reason to the Starfighter games with it taking place during the time of the Rebellion on Naboo. The monarchy is replaced by the Empire with a corrupt and tyrannical governor.

Operating in secret, the remaining former security forces of the queen, the Gungans, and others start to fight a guerrilla war against the Imperial occupation in the hopes of at least getting independence for Naboo.

16. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008

You'll see.

17. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    It won't be rated M. Why would it? The last two Battlefronts were T, and worked perfectly. With blasters and lightsabers, you'll not see any blood, and I highly doubt stormtroopers or clones will be spewing the F word in the middle of battle. If anything, they'd use the SW version, kriif(ing). So just because DICE did Battlefield rated M, doesn't mean Battlefront will be.

18. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008

[​IMG]

19. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    What does Batman have to do with it? Batman is a totally different story. Again, why should Battlefront be M? Blasters and lightsabers don't cause excessive blood. And last I heard that new Batman game is only rated M because of one scene/dialogue. So, again, not really good evidence.

20. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
  21. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I have a great idea for a new Battlefront game: make it like an actual Battlefront game
    • Prequel and Original Era battles including Clone Wars, Rebels, and TFA content.
    • Battle that consist on ground, space, and ground to space battles.
    • A balanced class system where each class has their own set of weapons and equipment without the unlocks so everything is useful.
    • Play as heroes and villains from all of Star Wars
    • Single player campaign (can also be played cooperatively).
    • Other modes such as galactic conquest and horde mode with defenses you can buy and build over time.

22. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Best idea ever:

A Battlefront game....with gameplay. Yeah.

23. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    No Force users. A Star Wars game with a premise that doesn't involve Force users.

How about a game where you play as a stormtrooper? You start as a recruit and go on missions (some optional, some not) to level up and give your trooper higher rank and better weapons.
    As you play, you can gain influence with officers and such.
    It would be a third person shooter.
    You would speak with people using three different chat options.
    At the end of the game, you have the option to become a general/moff/grand moff depending on the exp you've collected. You get your own regiment to command.

24. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Nice ideas, though I'd go first person. It's also starting to sound like a Deus Ex type game. Republic Commando had elements of this. Definitely agreed on dropping force powers. The lightsabers could also do with a rest too.

25. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013

First person is a possibility. But the thing is, it depends on whether you want more focus on good gunplay or more focus on the story and aesthetics.