main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Videogames

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by askywalker98, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Who here plays Star Wars videogames? Wait... thats everyone. Ok, does anyone here have any of the new Star Wars games? I just got Jedi Academy for xbox, and let me tell you, I havent been so consumed by a game since...since... Dance Dance Revolution! Well, I have been having alot of fun with it, almost beaten it in a week. I think its easier than Jedi Outcast, but its stull very fun. It's also on Xbox LIVE. If anyone has xbox live, my gametag is MrJMC99.

As a side note, for those of you that know what Dance Dance Revolution is, I just got that too for xbox, and its one of the best games I've ever played. If you like to dance, make an ass of yourself, or both, get it. It's alot of fun, and very addictive.

-Anthony

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm currently working through KOTOR for PC and Rogue Leader for the Cube. I also sparadically install Rebellion and X-Wing Alliance. I really wish X-Wing:BOP would work on XP :mad:

3. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    unfortunately, i have playstation 2 so i cannot play old republic, but i am about to get bounty hunter and i mastered starfighter a while ago and i liked it for the dogfights.
    i hear there is a new one coming out that is a bit more violent, hope that is for playstation 2

4. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Considering I have been extremely busy (yes, even enough to not call Brandon as often as he would like), I have not been able to play KOTOR that much. Try only about 3 hours. SHUT UP people! It's a good game but I'm not THAT into video games.

As for DDR, Anthony I MUST agree it is an awesome game. I can finally beat 7 footers, and "work-out" whenever possible. My calves are actually getting some definition!

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't own a console system, just a PC. I used to have some of the older Star Wars games (like X-wing vs. TIE Fighter, etc.) but I think the only one I currently own is The Phantom Menace. I tend to favor the more RPG and strategy type games over the first person shooters (or slicers if you use a saber? :p).

L8r

6. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I plan on getting my own gaming system in a about a month and then I will answer your question. Right now, I have to use my roommate's computer and can't download programs on to it.
    Melanie

7. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Wow, Stefanie actually knows what DDR is. Finally another star wars / ddr freak. You know, Chris Hanel is also a ddr freak. Do you own ddr Stefanie?

Dancing is Forever
    -Anthony

8. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Who cares who owns it? There are a billion versions of it as it is, and, to be honest, it's over, done with. DDR has come and gone. If you're 14 or under, maybe, *maybe* you can get away with thinking it's "cool." Other than that, though, there is better stuff to do with one's time.

Brandon

9. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I am going to post a reply to my reply. I suppose I should explain why no one should be playing any Dance Dance Revolution game.

First, I would say it is a fad, but, instead, it *was* a fad. DDR is, to be honest, just like the light gun games from the days of yore. If you think back, probably before you were born, the Sega Master System and Nintendo Entertainment System both came with a light gun. Now, sure, they were "cool" for a time, and Duck Hunt is some kind of classic (I actually liked Gotcha!, but that is another story).

DDR is a fad of a fad. The NES, towards the middle of its life, had, that's right, the floor pad-thingie. Who can forget trying to run in the Olympic games while in your bedroom? Too funny.

Now, DDR is about five years old now, if not older. It was *designed* to be played in Japanese arcades. The game was meant to be played by a wide number of people in a short period of time. The games are not supposed to last that long. Get up in front of a hundred or so people, do your thing, move on. Yes, it made people look like complete fools, but the Japanese come up with some crazy stuff (if you remember, they had a game where you had to *spank a fat guy's butt*, TRUE!)

Sadly, the game came to the United States where people simply don't get it. People here take it too seriously and actually think it is "cool" to be "good" at it. I have hated this game since the first day I saw it. I can grasp, even appreciate, it's appeal overseas within the society it came from, but, as usual, it is, to steal the title of a movie there is, lost in translation.

There are no arcades here where the game even seems to fit in. I challenge anyone to head to Tokyo, visit any arcade, and come back here and even think the best one in the US is on the same scale as the worst in Tokyo. I have, literally, walked by, sometimes into, arcades where they have a DDR machine or two and seen, oh, about three people around it. That is humiliating, and I honestly feel sad for them.

Then it gets worse. People play it **alone** at home! DDR was never made to be played in a bed room or living room, let alone by yourself or with one other person on a television. I could care less what size television you have or what version of DDR is currently in the PS2, it's just dreadful. I figure most people are lonely enough as it is, I'd have to kill myself, for real, if I found myself playing DDR alone or with one or two other people. "My life has reached an all new low," I suppose would be the best way I can describe it.

I also must point out, this has nothing to do with you specifically. I have disliked this series of so-called "games" since Day 1.

If you want to work out, go swim laps or head to Gold's Gym or something. If you want to get rid of stress, go shooting, play soccer, or something in that area.

The only game to annoy me this much, well, in recent video game history at least, is Halo; Halo is another game that has no reason to be liked the way it is. That, though, is another topic.

I could, I suppose, type up a big post about KOTOR and why it is *great*, but I will refrain from doing so except to say this: the PC version is *vastly* superior to the X-Box one.

I'm done here.

Brandon

10. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    And wait! I'm not done yet! First: of course, Stefanie knows what DDR is. Not only does everyone know what it is, but anyone around that general age that does not know what it is would be, I think, somewhat out of touch with modern pop culture.

As for anyone being a Star Wars and/or DDR "freak," what is that about? Next thing you know, you will be wanting to make a fan film about Star Wars characters playing DDR. God, no.

I then must add: who cares what the hell Chris Hanel is into? I highly doubt anyone even knows who he is, let alone what he likes.

To hell with it. Perhaps I should just say DDR rulz, dood, and wut up, yo, wit any1 that sez it suX. it ROx sooo much, g, wurd up shizznit fizzle da dizzle nizzle drizzle, i gots mad skilZ in all vrsions of dance DR and could cikc all yos at it. i'm out, bro!

-The B

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    So Brandon, what you're saying is you're not down with DDR? Heh heh.

Well, it's not my cup of tea either. But then, I'm I'm Homer Simpsonesque by nature and Homer would never play DDR unless there were donuts and beer in it for him.

Mmmmmm . . . donuts and beer . . . *drool* :p

L8r

12. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Speaking of Golds Gym, I just got back from working out. Did a little weightlifting and some running, and man Im sore.

As for DDR I laugh at it. I didnt think it was a real game at first. I saw some movie or tv show that had Seth Green in it and he was "battling" some other guy trying to impress a girl. I was like that game looks so stupid, I hope no one trys to really make one, but guess I was way out in left field. At least I can blame it on the blond hair.

Oh yeah I remember the track and field events that was out a long time ago. I think I played that a few times wirh some friends. We had like a playoff with about 10 or so of us, ah the good old days. You could eat anything and do everything. Man I miss those days.

13. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    koolicki koolicki koo!

First point: I don't care what anyone thinks. I like DDR, so whatever. It's my life, I'll spend my freetime however the hell I want to spend it. Perhaps it was a fad. So what? I enjoy jumping around a mat trying to match arrows on the screen. BIG DEAL.

As for Halo, I agree. It's not that good of a game. Everyone praises it just like Socom or CS. Whatever. To each his own.

And WHO CARES about Chris Hanel? Seriously, Anthony, I mean, you obsess over him like he actually CARES. Why do you think he never posts? BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CARE! Therefore, get over it. He's never going to post again, he's never going to go to a meeting, and you're never going to meet him.

14. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    hahaha... okay, this is rare, everyone, but I am laughing so hard that tears are coming out. I don't think anyone, save for Stefanie, will get this, but I have always wondered how "koolicki" would be spelled if it were written out. Too awesome. The term was invented back in 1998, and since that time, not once, ever, has it been written or typed. Well, at least not by me.

koolicki koolicki koo ka ka ka!

Wondered if it would be Ks or Cs or what. hahaha.. I wonder if that can be the "Best. Post. Ever." Must now e-mail some people without delay in order to show them what koolicki looks like.

Brandon

15. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I first saw DDR at a movie theater where I thought these kids were having a seizure. I went to get them some help and realized they were playing this absurd game. I asked myself, self, who would play this game in public, it's so embarassing? Now I know... Can you see this upcoming generation, growing up and doing this game when they reach their 20's or 30's? Shudder.
    Since this is a "Star Wars videogame" thread, can we get off the DDR subject and switch to something else Star Wars related? Maybe someone knows an interesting cheat or section of a star wars game they want to share? ANYTHING besides DDR!! PLEASE!!
    Melanie

16. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    WWBD?

Brandon

17. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Kick Robin in the twigs and berries!

18. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    And who the hell is Chris Hanel?

19. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Chris Hanel is nothing more than another Star Wars fan. He is like you, me, Ia, Stefanie, Campbell, Mike, Michael, Anthony, Melanie, and anyone else that I missed. For some reason that *no one* knows, Anthony worships him.

Brandon

20. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Maybe they should get together and go dancing sometime. Lol.

Oh by the way I quit drinking, yep thats right no more for me. Im back in the gym every day now. So at the next lunch itll be water for me.

21. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Anthony and Chris dancing together... that is *so* sweet. Oh, my heart is all a'flutter. The *only* dance that should ever be done is the... that's right, Safety Dance!

So, Dale, what's the deal, can you show me how to work out and become all buff and stuff? I figure, in reality, I can defend myself fairly well, I took too many defensive tactics courses to count, and I could hold my own, and I am a very good shot with a handgun, AND I am decent at using an expandable baton (ASP, hopefully), but, sadly, I cannot for the life of me even run a quarter of a mile or do twenty pushups.

Talking about this makes me want a pizza.... Mmm...

Maybe March's meeting should be at a gym and we could work out and just pretend to be Jedi..

Brandon

22. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't know why, but the words "Queer Eye for the Jedi" just popped into my brain. D'oh. Heh heh.

L8r

23. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    How about that new tv show "Black Eye From The Straight Guy"

Just kidding heard it one time and wanted to use it. LOL.

24. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Come on now, the above post was pretty funny. Well at least I thought it was.

25. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe Dale really does need the alcohol to differentiate himself from us geeks! HAHAHA JUST KIDDING!

Yes, Brandon, it did take a lot of thought. I mean, I had to really analyze the sounds of it. It was tough deciding whether to use c or k. K really does fit it better, though. Seriously, Pimpdo is tough and has had a lot of turmoil in his life. He is not going to use a "c" sound in such a saying. K is harsh sounding, reflecting the hardships of the hood. Ham is more likely to use c. Therefore, it is "Koolicki, koolicki koo, ka ka ka!"

I'm black and I'm back!!!

Yes, no one cares about Chris Hanel...

The gym meeting will be scary, no doubt. I don't think I could even lift a single 5 pound weight...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.