Orlando, FL Star Wars Videogames

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by askywalker98, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. askywalker98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know what Brandon? I'm not going to say anything because we all know how much of a bitching little prick you can be at times, and we all know about your hatred towards ddr. And I mentioned Chris Hanel because I have talked with him many times before, and he is the only other extreme Star Wars that likes ddr alot that I know of. So you just need to chill man. We are all friends here, but everyone can get tired of your endless complaining from time to time, so sometimes you just need to accept things the way they are, and there is nothign you can do to change them.

I already know you have started writing your next post Brandon.
    -Anthony
  2. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, OK, let's keep it cool. You both have made points. I don't think a lot of good's gonna come from flaming anybody further at this point. Can I have an amen?

I don't care about DDR, and I'm not gonna spend time worrying about who does. I feel roughly the same about Chris Hanel. (no offense, Chris, whoever you are) Feel free to dis me for that position, but I think you might be surprised just how uninterested the majority of Orlando Sysketeers are in witnessing a lot of anger around here.

-Campbell
  3. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow you guys get easily riled up over some silly shiznit. I have played and beat KOTOR 3 times! That game rocks!!! I had to see what the light and dark differences were! I think I like the darkside version better. I am a really old school Star Wars gamer- I remember playing the original Star Wars arcade game on the Commodore 64. Most any Star Wars game I have played- minus a few that have come out on X-Box. Currently I am playing RS3:RS- but I am waiting on some new codes to come out.. I have beaten all the reg. levels- just that SSD level is all I have left to unlock. N.e ways- nice to see we are all engaged in civil discussions! NOT!!! Muuuuaaaaahahahahaha!
  5. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I actually loved the Atari series of games. Yes I had the Atari 2600. I still have it here somewhere and I think I still have my Empire Stikes Back game. Wouldnt that be nice to bring to a meeting?

Maybe Dale really does need the alcohol to differentiate himself from us geeks! HAHAHA JUST KIDDING!

Stef Im a geek too, so theres no need to differentiate myself. Sure I might belong in a magazine somewhere (Star Wars Insider would be nice) but that doesnt mean I would need to differentiate myself from the rest of us now would it. Just kidding. I wish I was model material. But off to the gym now.

Dale
  6. AdmlDave Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think I would actually show up to a meeting at a gym. That would be really cool, especially since I workout compulsively in my free time. Anywho, I haven't been doing too much SW gaming recently. I played a bit of Jedi Knight II, but Lacrosse, Band, and a girl (yeah, I'm PW'ed... +10 brownies points to any of you old school peeps who remember that thread) keep me pretty busy.
  7. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll see your brownie points and raise you 3000 Jedi Master points (I remember last year's thread).

This isn't the right thread, but I'd be all for meeting in a gym. Anytime somebody can drag me into one of those is a good time.

So back to games. I'm not really looking to get into games but if I do it'd be on PC. Anybody have any suggestions on cheap video cards or joysticks for a 14-month old avg. computer? I want to enjoy a game or two, but I'm not looking to spend the price of the computer again just so I can traipse around the Old Republic.

Also, anybody ever tried TEMUSB.com for emulated versions of the really old Star Wars video games? I've never taken the time- and I'm dialup so it does take time. Just wondering if they're worth it. -Campbell

8. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    So, let me get this straight, nearly every single person here *agrees* with what I am saying, and I, poor little me, gets singled out to be yelled at? To quote the bounty hunter from the final episode of Firefly, "Does that seem right?"

Also, why is it that online forums, here and elsewhere, seems to be places where everyone must agree? If, say, I had written a large post about how great DDR is, that would be fine. All someone can do here is agree or, if not, be nice and formal about disagreeing and say things like, "While I respect your opinion, I..." or "You are entitled to your opinion, but..." Why is everyone always so polite? I am not saying anyone should be rude, which my message was not rude in the least, but it seems people are afraid that they *might* hurt someone's feelings.

Looking back over my post, I was not rude towards anyone at all. I did not single anyone out. My thoughts just happen to differ, vastly, than one or two other people's.

My belief on DDR stands.

Brandon
  9. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think its all fun, some people take it a little serious, but hey you only live once might as well enjoy it any way you can.

As for DDR I still think it sucks!

10. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I really didn't think you were rude regarding DDR. In fact, my example of teenagers having convulsions at the movie theater wasn't exactly flattering or polite. You said you weren't attacking Anthony or Stefanie over DDR by saying "However I also must point out, this has nothing to do with you specifically. I have disliked this series of so-called "games" since Day 1." I didn't but it doesn't matter.
    It may have seemed to Anthony he was being ganged up on with the posts that followed, who knows. Maybe it was when you mocked him for mentioning Chris Hanel. Does it really matter though? We are all adults (mostly) and he lashed out and now it's done. I like to hear everyone's opinion whether it's positive or negative but this thread really needs to end. Please. Can we move on??

Melanie
  11. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    Absolutely not. All must be defeated.

Brandon
  12. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Brandon do you get low blood sugar?
  13. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    No. While I am not in perfect medical condition, I am, overall, fairly healthy.

Brandon
  14. chewbacca1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What does low blood sugar have to do with anything?

As far as I am concerned, we need to have an Orlando Fanforce war! YES HAHAHA!!

Just Kidding...but seriously folks, we all need to chill and stop being so defensive over every little thing. Remember when that dude Aceholy came in the picture? That was scary...
  15. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Actually people seem to act a little goofy when they get low blood sugar. But ya.. we should start up a flame war with the Melbourne group! Yeah whatever happened to that acehole? It was like Hitler was part of the group and he was trying to start up the Third Reich or something- I am glad he wasn't at the meetings for the CR vote he may have roughed us up to vote for him.
  16. askywalker98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    1st off I'd like ot apologize for my use of profane and unwanted language. And I'd like for brandon to accept my apology for exploding out at him. DDR is more important to me than you may be assuming. (and we all know what assume means;) ass/u/me).

2nd off, I dont know the whole story with this guy "aceholy." What was wrong with him?

Sorry for pissing everyone off again
    -Anthony
  17. askywalker98 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey people, I kind of apologized here. I didn't have to apologize. The least you could do would be to say something like "apology accepted" or "apology DENIED" or something...
  18. raiza123 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How is thank you for the apology and you did the right thing by offering an apology. However, I think it's time to get past the incident and move on to other postings and subjects. So let's let the past be the past ok?

Melanie
  19. tristan458 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok or something, Immaturity. Someone voiced their own opinion and you didnt like it, so you lashed out at them. I say we put it behind us and move on.
  20. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    Did anyone get that free bonus disc with Rogue Squadron III for the Gamecube? The disc included the full version of the original Star Wars vector-graphics arcade game.

If so, how accurate is it?

Brandon
  21. kyzman99 Jedi Padawan

Does anyone play SW Galaxies here?

If so, which server are you on?

I play on Wanderhome server as Kyzman, leader of the <xXx> guild.

If you don't play it, stay away...this game is video crack and is sucking the life out of me.
  22. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't play Galaxies, but if there was not a subscription fee I probably would. Or if the fee was closer to the meager expenditure of Hyperspace.

I'd like to get that Star Wars disc too, and would have shelled out the $5 reservation fee for it had it been playable on PC. Anybody ever try the emulators online that recreate those old, old games?
  23. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    MY new obsession is a freeware game from TFN Interactive called Battle of Yavin. Very addictive, but I can't seem to make it all the way to the exhaust port...

http://www.theforce.net/games/apps/boyavin/index.shtml
  24. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
  25. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I was going to rail off a clever response till I realized I walked Right Into that one. good burn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.