main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars VII shoul NOT have a female lead

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RAZORBLADE, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    oh really?!?! what kind of gifts are they?

2. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    man that girl really likes birds,huh

3. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    At this point, it's easier to believe that you kidnapped them from a grocery store parking lot.

4. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    name one othe rbesides Darth Claire

5. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I agree with you about there should be a male lead just for the sake of the theme of fathers and sons.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    "A group of teenage girls" is basically exactly how I saw all six Star Wars movies. If you really think women aren't playing video games, you really need to pay more attention.

This forum was around way longer than February of 2013, my friend, It's been here since the late 90s, and it's been populated by plenty of women.

So wait, by that logic, those women must be more passionate about Star Wars than you.

7. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    Come on Man!!!! name one superhero movie where that does not happen?

8. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    did yo
    u buy a leia or padme toy growing up? be honest...

9. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    I shouldn't have to because on a website with over 240,000 users, there are obviously more than two females.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You think he doesn't know that. Come on... he has had teh sex with all of them.

11. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    really?!?!?! its populated by women?!?!?! i can only see one, darth claire

12. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    they're coming for you Razorblade:p

lbr789 likes this.
  13. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    All you have to do is, I don't know, look at the top of the page where it says moderators. :oops:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Why don't you take a look at the little list of moderators at the top right-hand corner of the page and then get back to us on that?

LawJedi likes this.
  15. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    While I would agree that there are a great number of female fans, I would also say that there is an excellent chance there are more males than females overall. I seriously doubt it is around 50/50 (as an earlier poster claimed). Although I am willing to admit that I could be wrong.

TreborSabreon and Episode Swag like this.
  16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As a female Star Wars fan, let me assure you that I'm just as dedicated as the 'boys.' I mean, come on, I dress up in stormtrooper armor in my free time...to help children. That has to count for something, right?

You really need to step out of the dark ages and take a look at the larger picture.

17. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    these girls are models dummy. hired to dress up like this

18. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    i am looking at he larger picture. namely merchandising profits[boys buy star wars toys]

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    should*

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No this has nothing to do with merchandising just an excuse to share all you're ignorant and offensive views with all of us. I have a hard time believing you've ever met a real woman. If you had you'd have more respect for them.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  22. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Dude, I was totally joking around.

:oops:

-C

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    Understandable, no harm done.

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You need to open your eyes and mind, OP. I'm OLD and female: I own (bought 'em myself) the VHS, SE on VHS, DVD and now blurays. Have a lot of the books & comics, some of the "toys" - oh, you got me, I'm not into ANY games so I have no games. Saw ANH and ROTS in the movies like 20 times each (granted, in college with the town having only one theater, ANH was very easy to see multiple times).

We females are under no obligation to present ourselves to you as a "count" but there are plenty of women involved in SW.

*IF* you really are speaking of mass merchandise marketing (which doesn't seem likely), it is possible that more money is spent on behalf of boys, but nowhere to the degree I think you're claiming. For all you know, Disney bought Star Wars to bring in more female viewers/purchasers.

Gosh knows, when I got the dolls and all and my brother got the Lincoln logs and Legos, I wanted to play with "his stuff" just as much as my own. I was embarrassed, but daring enough, to check out "The Boys Sherlock Holmes" from the library, half fearing they'd deny a girl the chance to read the book.

If you let "it's been that way" dominate what "is possible" - you're limiting a lot of possibilities.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.