main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars VII The Force Awakens - Trailer Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by boomglenn, Oct 21, 2015.

1. boomglenn

boomglenn Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2015
    Hello everybody. I'm sure all of you have seen the new trailer of The force awakens. I think it is too early, but i hope that someone can tell me where i can find the trailer soundtrack when it comes out.

Thanks

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    What is a trailer soundtrack?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    I'm sure that the music from the trailer will be part of the motion picture soundtrack which will be released the same week as the film.

I loved the music in the trailer. That was a newly recorded queue of the Han and Leia theme, and I really liked the orchestral transition from the piano generic trailer music to that theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I would bet money that none of the music from the trailers will be on the original soundtrack. Has any OST soundtrack release ever done that?

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Yes. The trailers for the recently John Williams-scored War Horse and Lincoln did.
    Though I'm pretty sure the trailer #3 music isn't even Williams, much less from the film itself. Upon listening to the isolated version, it became clear. I don't really get why people are that enamored with it. It's effective but hardly overwhelming, and even a little sub-par by the musical standards of Star Wars.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I have Lincoln. Which track is the trailer music?

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The trailer music is from multiple tracks, almost acting as a suite for the score. It features selections from "Appomattox Court House" "The Purpose of the Amendment" and "The People's House". The trailer itself is very cheesy but I love it. The score itself is also wonderful.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Okay well that kind of doesn't count then. I was referring to a track written specifically for a trailer then being included on an OST.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is the trailer music you're looking for:

Jedi Daniel and Dagobahsystem like this.
  10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I heard that. It's nice, but I'm not sure how well it works away from the trailer itself. I do love the use of Han and Leia's theme.

11. Seventeen thousand

Seventeen thousand Jedi Knight

Aug 1, 2016
    Below is the link to what I consider to be a magnificent whole saga trailer. Thought I'd post this here as it uses the TFA final trailer music very effectively. Hope you enjoy!

SuperPersch likes this.