Speculation Star Wars VII - Your Synopsis

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by darthamon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Lord Optimus Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    After being killed by Sidious, Darth Plagueis became an evil Sith spirit in the dark side netherworld and possessed Sidious. When Sidious died in ROTJ, Plagueis had to find a new force sensitive host body to possess.

With a new host body and declaring that the rule of two was a failure, Plagueis has been secretly training a small Sith army in the 30-40 years since ROTJ. With their numbers strong the new Sith army reveals themselves in Episode VII.

Confused by the new dark side presence and why balance is not brought to the force. Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Anakin's force ghosts decide that Luke must search for the ancient prophecy to discover the secret.

Luke finds the prophecy, and it is revealed the there is an evil entity unbalancing the force from the dark side netherworld. As long as this evil entity exist there will always be unbalance, the chosen one must journey into the dark side netherworld and destroy the evil entity in order to truly bring balance to the force.

By the end of Episode IX, Luke and his fellow Jedi will have destroyed the new Sith army, and Anakin will have destroyed Plagueis and brought balance to the force.
    Last edited by Lord Optimus, Feb 13, 2013
    Air Jedi likes this.
  2. obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost

star 3
    I dunno, I would hope that viewers get to see a little bit of the galaxy at peace before the new baddie comes in and rips it apart

It took six movies and heavy losses to the good guys to rid the galaxy of Sids and Vader.....You would hope viewers can look back and say "yeah, that was worth it....they won something important for having to go through all that"
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  3. RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!lucas's orignal trilogy of trilogies was anakins's fall in part one, the rise of luke and defeat of vader in part two and part three would have seen him fight the emperor and find the other force user and pass on what he had learned. now the common held theory is that Lucas was so burned out by ROTJ that he decided to kill the emperor in ep 6 and be finished. however in ROTS palpatine siad that he and anakin could work together to discover the secret of eternal life. how do we know that they did not succedd? maybe that is why anakin appears as a ghost the end of ROTJ because he and palps had discovered the same method as QuiGON. So my theory is that palpatine will indeed return in the new trilogy possible as a ghost and he will try to ressurect himself. What you guys think?.
  4. RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    [QUOTEI dunno, I would hope that viewers get to see a little bit of the galaxy at peace before the new baddie comes in and rips it apart

It took six movies and heavy losses to the good guys to rid the galaxy of Sids and Vader.....You would hope viewers can look back and say "yeah, that was worth it....they won something important for having to go through all that"][/QUOTE]

As a hardcore fan that is what you want, and logically that could happen, but will they p i s s on us fans and bring back the sith?
  5. obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't have a problem with them bringing back the sith, just not Vader or Palps,

What I was getting at, is at the beginning of Episode 7, show a few scenes to convey that the galaxy has enjoyed some good times as a result of all the hard battles fought by our heroes in the OT......

Once you do that, then the new threat can come in and start wreaking havoc.
    Last edited by obi_kenobi_24, Feb 13, 2013
  6. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    Asking what we think the logical next step certainly makes for a valid conversation amongst us fans, but in order to do so, we all need to have an accurate understanding of what has happened with Star Wars in regard to Disney and the production of an ST.......

That being said, honoring Lucas' story or Disney simply bringing back the Sith for the sake of selling tickets is not in the cards. Lucas wrote the treatments for the ST, which means if the Sith are coming back, they are coming back directly at the order of Uncle George. Also, Dinsey is not making the ST, Lucasfilm is. The only difference this time is that Dinsey owns Lucasfilm, which means even more resources.....if you can imaging that!

Being as there are a number of threads where this discussed, I'll give you the short version here: Lucas set up the ST with the PT. There are doors open, like it or not, for the Sith to return. This means that having Sith in the ST (if it happens) will not be out of thin air. Personally, I do thing this is what will happen, but I don't know any more than anyone else.... (or do I??????? [face_whistling])

So on to my answer to your question:

I think the logical story for the ST (starting with 7) will center around rebuiding both the Rebublic and the Jedi Order. With the time that has passed since ROTJ, both will be rebuild to a degree, but at a standstill due to rising conflict. The crawl will likely get us up to speed there. There will possibly be a little friction between the two. In that, there could be some friction between Luke and Leia, assuming that Leia is still in the political area, as Luke may want to move the Jedi Order away from politics while Leia wants them to have a place in the New Republic. During this I think we might see Anakin appear to Luke ans Mirror the "We have a new enemy...." scene from Empire, and reveal that there is a Sith left to contend with. As far as the Sith goes, I believe we will see a new Sith in Ep VII that will be the apprentice. This character will be new. The Master, who we may or may not see in Ep VII will be someone we know, at least to some degree.

I believe we will see Han, probaly briefly, and Chewie will be very much alive. The phrase "blaze of glory" comes to mind for Han. Chewie on the other hand will likely stick around.

I'm not sold on the idea of the Skywalker/Solo kids being the focus, but will rather be along for the ride, if at all. I have a feeling that "next generation" will not apply to family, but rather, for example, Jedi in general.

I think by the time we get to the end Ep IX, we will have final closure in the Skywalker Saga, and an open door to continued Star Wars that doesn't center around this story arc.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I totally agree. Everything that happened at the end of Jedi pretty much tells you times would be better for everyone, and so it makes sense to think there were many years of peace that followed. That being said, I would guess they'd be someone from the dark past lurking in the shadows for the opportunity to strike. If history tells us anything, there will always be a douchebag that will want to take over.
    LunarMoth and obi_kenobi_24 like this.
  8. RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    [QUOOP: I'm inclined to believe the same as you. I think the new trilogy should be a mirror the the prequel movies. Where the bad guys grew in power, now the good side does. It's like a big ying-yang, with Luke and Palps representing good and bad, and Anakin in the center. The prequel movies focused on Palpy secretly taking control and seducing Anakin to the darkside. The Original Trilogy focuses on Palpy, Anakin and Luke, all vying for Anakin's soul. The Sequel Trilogy could follow a mirror relationship of the Prequel, with Luke secretly getting things back on track.

Without speculating too much about plot lines, my thoughts:

EP VII: Structure similar to TPM. 30/40 years later.
    Cameo of Leia and Han. Leia is a top politician trying to restore democracy and rebuild the Old Republic. Remnants of the Empire litter the galaxy. Some systems on the outer rim are still ruled by the local governors. Very much a Cold War kind of experience. An outside brutal / barbarian force, say for example a Mandalorian Army, takes advantage of the weakened governing bodies and invades. Chaos ensues. I wouldn't be opposed to some dark force users. Not dark or fallen Jedi, and definitely not Sith. Force users with no ethical, political or religious system in place. Random chaotic agents.

In the story, a strange figure trained in the ways of the jedi, shows up at various points to help out. He disappears without a word, offering no explanation, seeking no reward. We follow this figure back to a secret temple where we see him meet up with another mysterious person. This person is revealed as Luke, the master. This could mirror EP 1, with Maul disrupting things and reporting back to Sidious.

Luke has been in hiding for the past two decades. The galaxy is distrustful of all force users. He's spent his time studying the force (a Jedi is never truly done learning about the force) and has taken on an apprentice. Perhaps the son of Leia and Han. Perhaps Jedi aren't quite taken from their families any longer. I've thought about it like, the Sith were the unbalancing element to the force. But the Jedi weren't listening either, and needed to be wiped clean as well. With the Jedi gone for the past three decades, most feel the ancient religion is nothing more than hocus pocus. But Luke is out to set the order right again. Simple monks, living simple lives.

EP VIII: Structure similar to ATC.
    The Mandarolian Army is gobbling up systems on the outer rim. Think of it like, the Communist Threat in the 60's, or better yet, how Emperial Rome fell to the Barbarian hordes. Panic is taking over the galaxy. Luke and his apprentice are given permission, perhaps by Leia herself, to start a new jedi order. Public opinion is turning. Some are for it. Much like the ordering of clones in the second movie, here we see Luke and his apprentice seeking out new force users, new protectors of peace and justice...not an actual army. The numbers swell to about 12. That's it. Just enough to get things going. Perhaps we even see a short montage of Luke training them on Degobah, Yoda style.. The odds are totally against them.

EP IX: Structure similar to ROTS.
    Lukes plan comes to fruition. Various battles are ensuing. The new Jedi Order is established and saves the galaxy, the Jedi Temple goes back up (mirroring the temple burning in EP 3).

Obviously, most of this hasn't been thought out too much. But I think could allow for some interesting potential.TE][/QUOTE]

this is genius because it is a proper contituation of the saga. the one loose thread of the OT was how Luke would set up the new order. i hope that this is the story, but i fear that studio pressure will tell in the end and they will bring back the sith. why? because they are good sith:D
    DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  9. RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    my story idea. it's about 30-40 years later,in that time the galaxy has become split into numerous factions. new republic, the remnants of the empire and the systems who are sick of both of them and want independence. luke stuck around for a few years after ROTJ, training leia in the ways of the force and then he took off to learn the intricaties of the force. when the movie starts he has become a legendary figure in the galaxy, but has not been seen for a while. the movie would begin with an act of terriosm from an anarchist who wants war between the various factions, in order to weaken them and then when they are on their knee's his army will strike and take control of the galaxy. his army are kinda like a spartan army. not force users but milatary strong[possibly mandalorians] the anarchist would know the ways of the force, having spent years studying his enemies[ the jedi and sith]. the Mcguffin of the plot would be Luke himself. the young hero has to set out to find him and bring him back into action.
    TheManFromMortis likes this.
  10. gregvader123 Jedi Master

star 2
    The new force using antagonist is going to come from the planet Georgionassholyion on the outer rim, because Lucas is gonna pull it out of his ass.
  11. DarthBlanco Force Ghost

star 4
    Star Wars, what's that? It sounds like a science fiction film about intergalactic warfare. That will never work.
  12. DarthBlanco Force Ghost

star 4
    Good idea............... for a thread. Does Star Wars have McGuffins? Usually they are people. Leia in ANH, Luke in ESB, Han in ROTJ.
    Last edited by DarthBlanco, Feb 13, 2013
  13. gregvader123 Jedi Master

star 2
    No, a Macguffin is a plot device that has little to no explanation of its importance, like the suitcase in Pulp Fiction. Rescuing a main character is not a Macguffin. Star Wars hasn't had any before and I highly doubt they'll start using them in the ST.
  14. DarthBlanco Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I agree. The closest to a MacGuffin in OT would be those three characters, no? I could go say that Obi-Wan is the Macguffin that R2-D2 wants in the first act of ANH. Or how Anakin Skywalker is the same for Palpatine in TPM. Or maybe Yoda is for Luke in TESB. That would be looking at things really objectively and each film without having seen any of the others.

In fiction, a MacGuffin (sometimes McGuffin or maguffin) is a plot device in the form of some goal, desired object, or other motivator that the protagonist (and sometimes the antagonist) is willing to do and sacrifice almost anything to pursue, protect or control, often with little or no narrative explanation as to why it is considered so important.[citation needed] The specific nature of a MacGuffin may be ambiguous, undefined, generic, left open to interpretation, or otherwise completely unimportant to the overall plot. The most common type of MacGuffin is an object, place or person, the exact details of which are not integral to the narrative. However, a MacGuffin can sometimes take a more abstract form, such as money, victory, glory, survival, power, love, or even something that is entirely unexplained, as long as it strongly motivates key characters within the structure of the plot. Whether the audience should care about or identify with a MacGuffin in a story is open to debate among producers of fiction.
    Last edited by DarthBlanco, Feb 13, 2013
  15. TheManFromMortis Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    _ _ _ _

Regardless of the mcguffin/non-mcguffin debate, I quite like some of the ideas suggested here, particularly the notion that Luke will be in some kind of self-imposed exile at the beginning of the ST.
    DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  16. Roger Goldleader Force Ghost

star 3
    Perhaps it will be an Egg McGuffin. After the opening scroll, the camera would pan, pan, keep panning, down to a seedy McDonalds on Coruscant where we see a disheveled, aged Luke, disconsolately eating a Republic Credit Meal breakfast. That would explain Luke's weight gain, and we see he's clearly become a bum, having failed to persuade anyone else to join the Jedi. He's hit rock bottom, and can only go up from there. I'm sure by the end of EP IX, Luke and Leia will be reconciled and eating together at the best five-star restaurants in the galaxy, feasting on "Sitting Duck."
    TheManFromMortis likes this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    No.

Plagueis' ability is not Force ghosting. Anakin appears as a ghost because of Obi-Wan and Yoda.
    Force ghosting is a light side skill and Sith don't achieve it according to Qui-Gon.
    Last edited by Arawn_Fenn, Feb 14, 2013
  18. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  19. Lord Tuvitor Force Ghost

star 4
    I would imagine that Plagueis was more of a necromancer while Qui-Gon and the Jedi achieved immortality through transcendence in the Force. Even if Plagueis could become a Dark Side force ghost, I imagine the very essence of it would be passion/rage/fear, making it more akin to a chaotic poltergeist than any actual identity retention as seen with Obi-Wan/Yoda/Anakin. Perhaps the cave on Dagobah would be an example of this sort of phenomenon.
  20. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    Episode VII
    The Empire has been brought down & a New Republic has been formed. However the scars of the Empire & the decades of war remain. There has been a backlash against the notion of the Force from within the political sphere & the wider population. The rise of Palpatine, Vader & even going back to the Clone Wars & Dooku are all portrayed as being a result of the infighting & corruptibility of Force users, namely the Jedi & the Sith. The claim is they are too powerful & even Jedi were shown to be seduced by this power. After Palpatine the New Republic leaders are paranoid about a powerful Force user ever holding a position of influence again. Despite the objections of a minority including Leia, it is decided not to reinstate the Jedi Order as protectors. Perhaps the use of the Force is outlawed altogether. Some extremists go as far as to demand persecution for anyone practicing or teaching the Force. (PS. all of this should NOT be conveyed by dull political scenes. It can mostly be covered by the opening crawl & a few exchanges between characters).

Despite these developments, Luke was determined to carry out Yoda's charge of passing on his knowledge of the Force. However he could not do so within the Republic. Though greatly saddened by this "new world" he decides to respect the law & leaves the boundaries of the Republic. He establishes a base at a far off remote location (not Tatooine!). He takes on an apprentice, maybe a few.

Cutting to the chase, when an old Imperial bad guy turns up with the Imperial fleet (& possibly a Sith or some nasty old Jedi) the Republic is in deep you-know-what. This isn't a conflict they can hope to win via conventional means. Finally the Republic goes crawling to Luke & co to save the day. An emissary is sent to him asking for help, maybe Han & Chewie. To up the personal motivation for Luke, I'd have the bad guys either capture or kill Leia. That ought to fire him up.
    Last edited by Darth_Downunder, Feb 14, 2013
    Master Blaster and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  21. obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost

star 3
    Sounds like a Star Wars version of the X-men
  22. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    I know what you mean, but the difference is the "anti Force" element of the story would not be the focus, just the backdrop. It's simply the reason why the Jedi Council hasn't been re established & why Luke is in the Outer Rim with his apprentice(s). When you think about it, it would be crazy for the new leaders to just go back to how things were & trust the Jedi with so much power. If they did that after
    Dooku/Palpatine/Vader then they're insane, IMO.

Imagine the scene: Mon Mothma "ok here's the keys to the Jedi Temple Luke. Go ahead & re establish the Jedi while we all keep our fingers crossed that you don't go crazy & evil like all the others including your daddy ho ho ho ".
  23. DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Star Wars, Episode VII: The Empire Strikes Back Again

It's been three years since the rebel insurgents destroyed the Second Death Star. Emperor Luke has created a new Galactic Republic which supports rights for every citizen regardless of gender, age, species, race, color, penmanship, ethnicity, crazy hokey religions and haircuts. His wife Leia leads the New World Jedi Order as Head Chief Jedi of the Order. Together they have several children. The Empire, having retreated to the furthest reaches of the galaxy, is Biden its time, waiting for a time to strike.

Chaos! Chewbacca and the Wookies face a threat on Kashyyk from an unnamed Sith master who has droids. Luke orders Han Solo to investigate. Han and his trusty sidekick Lando discover that the Sith master is actually not a Sith, but a Dark Jedi, which is not exactly the same thing. Still, she does do the Force Lightning, so Han flies away to tell Emperor Luke because f*** that noise. When Luke and his wife arrive to confront the Dark Jedi they find that it was Ashoka the whole dang time. Luke and Ashoka fight with the force and lightsabers. Han, who is at least 70 years old at this point struggles with his failing heart (Remember his torture at the hands of VADER) to protect his true love (Leia, even though she is taken) against some droids or something. Some other crazy stuff happens. PSSCK PSSCK, WHOM WHOM PSSCK PSSCK WHOM PSHEW PSHEW WHOM WHOM (Lightsaber sounds). Luke uses some cagey force technique to capture Ashoka's Lightsaber. He has Ashoka's head in between the two lightsabers. Luke could behead her with a flick of the wrists. Behind him Luke hears some cackling. Is it the Emperor? NO! It is his oldest son, Obi-Wan Skywalker. "Kill him....kill him now." Luke has a choice now and unlike his degenerate dad, doesn't kill Ashoka. Ashoka uses the force to push Luke and Obi-Wan Skywalker uses Force Lighting to push her off of some cliff or something.

What is going on? I'll tell you. Ob-Wan SKywalker is actually inhabited by the spirit of Emperor Palpatine and has been since birth (Force ghost or something). Luke tells Ob-Wan to fight the evil spirit and come back to the Light Side. In his rage Luke uses a Jedi Mind trick to fool the Emperor and then quickly exorcizes his spirit. The spirit enters Han who suddenly starts using the force. Luke and Han fight all over the place with Lightsabers and the Force. Luke starts to lose. Han, coming to his senses for just a moment, looks at Leia lovingly then impales himself with a Lightsaber, which is a fatal blow. Luke and Leia embrace, all their kids come out with Chewy, Ewok slaves, some dudes in those orange jumpsuits, etc. Then they get medals.

BUT WE FORGOT ABOUT THE EMPIRE who shows up right before the credits, so we know WTF is going to happen in Episode 8, right?

BOOM (Drops mic)
  24. vypernight Jedi Master

star 2
  25. RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan

star 1
    i think that the story should lead to the journal of the wills. it would be a nice way to end the series going back to the first thing GL wrote.